+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Npc city player housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream83 View Post
    One of the things that has always grated me about Star Wars Galaxies since playing on Live when it was first released in the UK is the under utilised NPC cities, Only a few ever have any real player presence like in Mos Eisley, Cnet or Theed and even then these have so much wasted potential.

There are many buildings that are open to players but serve absolutely no function that I've always wondered would make excellent player housing or shops. There are even more buildings like in Cnet that are just solid blocks that I wonder could they be converted into apartments etc?

This would give cities real meaning and might also combat the urban sprawl, what do you guys think, is this even possible?
    I proposed this very idea on live, preCU. It was shot down tremendously by other posters and the devs shrugged it off. They were busy building up the CU, then the NGE, to ever worry about adding something so cool.

I originally got the idea while taking part of the bestine mayor votes. How cool, I thought, to have static NPC city dwellings and game directed politics. I was in a very small minority who felt the same way, it seems. I wanted to live in Anchorhead.

On my last post, I dont't mean rain on somebody idea and the whole idea of SWG-Emu is to more of fan drive game anyway. Just point out some lesson learned, from be in the SWG-SOE.

Still most importent thing to do, is to have fun playing most any MMO
    Last edited by FredSinClair; 01-13-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredSinClair View Post
    On my last post, I dont't mean rain on somebody idea and the whole idea of SWG-Emu is to more of fan drive game anyway. Just point out some lesson learned, from be in the SWG-SOE.

Still most importent thing to do, is to have fun playing most any MMO
    Sorry I gave you that impression. It wasn't my intent. I should have reviewed my post before submitting it. I am more amazed that someone else proposed this idea. I may go to the swg forum archives and hunt for my original post just so you could see it. I didn't think, at all, that you rained on my idea.

I still think it's a great idea, and I hope the devs would consider it after JTL, jedi, etc is complete. I would assume that it would take an immense amount of code to implement, if it were even possible.

By the way, if something like this were ever implemented, I think I'd prefer to live in Nym's (sort of what my profile's location has said for years). My "home" planet is Lok.

Quote Originally Posted by thgilsrooc View Post
    Sorry I gave you that impression. It wasn't my intent. I should have reviewed my post before submitting it. I am more amazed that someone else proposed this idea. I may go to the swg forum archives and hunt for my original post just so you could see it. I didn't think, at all, that you rained on my idea.

I still think it's a great idea, and I hope the devs would consider it after JTL, jedi, etc is complete. I would assume that it would take an immense amount of code to implement, if it were even possible.
    np ty

I'm new to the SWGEmu game and I remember SOE-SWG forums had problem with other play that just like to troll everyone post and not even play the game, at the time. So, I'm maturely be bit careful on how I'm come cross to other players, tell I get feel of the forums here.
    Last edited by FredSinClair; 01-20-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Lightbulb

Here good Youtube, on game designing with and without borders?
    It give a Dev point of view why they design things, way there do.
    Enjoy the youtube and there also some good history subjects youtubs at the Extra Credits channel. Like the history of paper money.

Extra Credits S8 E23
    Open World Design - How to Build Open World Games - Extra Credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udF7...BBZ8z6cP9KzPiX
    Last edited by FredSinClair; 01-20-2017 at 01:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information