Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Public Engine3 without time restrictions

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    So what is the issue of bad blood with Bloodfin? Apparently I am out of the loop...
    Here is where my facebook post comes in to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada
    Well for start we don't really like to discuss play servers here. But I will say this, and keep in mind that I'm not talking about one specific play server here, but most of them. Not everyone likes vanilla Pre-CU, not everyone likes that we aren't adding content or fixing that they think should be fixed. Our path has been set a long time ago and SWGEmu will not stray from that path.

Play servers have various ways of attracting new community members, from adding new armors, weapons, even planets, their custom Jedi systems, x3 to x10 XP to pointing out that Basilisk will be wiped at some point (which of course everyone knows its true, even though that point is far, far away), bashing other play server staff or SWGEmu staff, calling all other servers corrupt, making up stories about CSR's doing favors for friends etc. Check reddit /r/swgemu and /r/swg or their FB pages, their forums, they are full of stuff like that.

SWGEmu doesn't bother with play servers because we still have work to do, we don't advertise, we don't talk ill of one server or the other on our forums or on social media. Usually we just delete any and all topics started about other servers because we are a development project and we need to be focused on development, nothing else. Those that don't care to help us or don't agree with the way we do things are of course always free to join other play server communities, but we don't need nor want other communities drama here.
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    Also, is there a "idiot level" guide on how to set up a private swgemu server anywhere? Or will there be one in the future?
    And here is everything you need to know about setting up our development environment: Development Documentation - *All Links and Information Inside*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As someone who's working on a play server project, I find the bad-mouthing of the SWGEmu team to be extremely poor form. Without their work, none of these play servers would even exist.
    Personal site @ WritingUnderDuress.com
    Pretend dev @ An Empire in Flames

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyn View Post
    As someone who's working on a play server project, I find the bad-mouthing of the SWGEmu team to be extremely poor form. Without their work, none of these play servers would even exist.
    exactly, but some do feel a need to do it. My guess is that they hope that the badmouthing will attract people to them. But as you point out it delays what all the play server projects really want, the release of version 1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Jedi dont ruin SWG, people ruin SWG.
    My Blog about SWG and possible changes

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We had an EMU guy in our vent for an entire evening this past week. He was both very helpful and very informative. We worked out a methodology of reporting bugs (for the core) found on our server and even bug fixes being done via our team. Along with new additions to content/instances/planets/etc.

After that convo, I doubt we'll hide even scripts from other server owners/SWGEMU. That would entail up to and including our server re-set scripts and jedi unlocks. To be honest with people screaming about their jedi unlocks, all I've seen from the other servers I have accounts on is after all the "NERF WARS" calls (remember that from live) jedi end up being NGE-ed into non-existence or nothing more than easy kills, anyway. No great need to unlock just to be fodder. (However, we're not and will not be taking that tactic, I hated NERF WARS and want nothing to do with it on my server)

TA and SWGEMU, you have our full support. And your right, we all should be working together.
    Last edited by Esquire; 05-16-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Do they have an estimated time when they plan on doing this?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We hope to have it done by the end of the week.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vlada, just curious, if I read your OP correctly, how are communities going to share their work? Normally private servers aren't supported on the forums I thought?
    Ulack Semaj - Resurrected from the ashes of Pre-NGE Lowca

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jstruble View Post
    Vlada, just curious, if I read your OP correctly, how are communities going to share their work? Normally private servers aren't supported on the forums I thought?
    Everything will be explained in the next announcement.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Everything will be explained in the next announcement.
    Thank you
    Ulack Semaj - Resurrected from the ashes of Pre-NGE Lowca

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jstruble View Post
    I'm assuming you would just set up a Public Repo. I already took the initiative and made my Bitbucket repo public a few days after this was announced.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As the owner of Bloodfin, I look forward to these changes, and will examine the guidelines regarding our code releasal. I am very curious how this will pan out with older servers such as Bloodfin and Hydian Way and Veers running older engines and the restricted 2.5 hour limitations, and the grandfathered gpl.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mechsouls View Post
    As the owner of Bloodfin, I look forward to these changes, and will examine the guidelines regarding our code releasal. I am very curious how this will pan out with older servers such as Bloodfin and Hydian Way and Veers running older engines and the restricted 2.5 hour limitations, and the grandfathered gpl.
    Amazing.

The balls.

P.S. mechsouls isn't heat.
    Last edited by Timbab; 05-26-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Closed Thread

Thread Information