Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (first half of 2014)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can honestly say, that I would donate quite often if the server had JTL. I been watching this website off and on for 6 years now.
    $3 per month? try $200 a month for me alone. I miss it so much it makes me not care about money, but then again I never really did care for money.
    What I do care about, was the JTL multi-crew ship mechanics and blowing up Star Destroyers, and Corvettes.

1 of 2 things WILL happen from this point forward, let me list them now for you.

1. This server continues to fail more than succeed at monthly costs, due to the lack of JTL and eventually shuts down.

or

2. JTL gets re-birthed a ton of cash flow comes in, and then ****** shuts it down.

I will leave the future of the game up to the devs at this point, but seriously 1700 people online minus alts.. is pry maybe 400 ish players.

P.S. ****** would NEVER pay the devs ANYTHING for the re-code period, Only shut it down and hire 20 times as many coders to get it done quicker.
    The only money to be had here for all the swgemu staffs work is release JTL. Plus there is a new SWG coming but not in the Star Wars universe which makes me personally not want to play it.. EVER

Murkanator
    Last edited by Murkanator; 11-13-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkanator View Post
    I can honestly say, that I would donate quite often if the server had JTL. I been watching this website off and on for 6 years now.
    $3 per month? try $200 a month for me alone. I miss it so much it makes me not care about money, but then again I never really did care for money.
    What I do care about, was the JTL multi-crew ship mechanics and blowing up Star Destroyers, and Corvettes.

1 of 2 things WILL happen from this point forward, let me list them now for you.

1. This server continues to fail more than succeed at monthly costs, due to the lack of JTL and eventually shuts down.

or

2. JTL gets re-birthed a ton of cash flow comes in, and then ****** shuts it down.

I will leave the future of the game up to the devs at this point, but seriously 1700 people online minus alts.. is pry maybe 400 ish players.

P.S. ****** would NEVER pay the devs ANYTHING for the re-code period, Only shut it down and hire 20 times as many coders to get it done quicker.
    The only money to be had here for all the swgemu staffs work is release JTL. Plus there is a new SWG coming but not in the Star Wars universe which makes me personally not want to play it.. EVER

Murkanator

There is so much wring in this its ridiculous.

P.S. We always had over 1k unique IP's online, wich means at least 1k different people, and that doesnt include family members that play through same internet connection. Sure there were always AFK toons, but that number has always been between 1/3 and 1/4 of the server population, still way above 1k. If we compare those numbers to what we have from SOE live servers, we can only come to a conclusion that even on a bad day, Bas is more populated than almost all Live servers back in the day.

Play Stats
    115h last 30d
    As Vlada said, SWGEmu has succeeded and inspired > 1k unique IPs to date. I have no doubt it will continue to do so into the future. Even without a strong inclination towards SW, being a MMO fan and having played the majority of MMO titles from 2000 to 2009, I can tell you that the unique approach SWG brings to the MMO genre is genius, short-lived, and ought to have its rightful rebirth. The SWG vision is a masterpiece - it is a beautiful, community-driven, complex, sandbox-style MMO that will be remembered and taken from for years and years to come. This development team is doing something very admirable: taking a game and giving it to the players to build however they wish (post 1.0, of course).

Do you have any idea how many RO/WoW/blah blah servers I've seen collapse in the past 8 years? This dev team is a miracle. It boggles my brain to have been present at the the onset of this project and realize that it is still going strong. Nothing like this happens - ever - especially if the dev team isn't pocketing cash.

I <3 SWGEmu team - this project is amazing. It is more than a game. It is more than a project.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is nothing can bring this ship down. It's sailing to the end!!!! WooooooooooooooH!

^____________^

way2sexy

Play Stats
    Inactive
    back in the day, 1 thousand players was a drop in the bucket. Even at 1000 IP address's that is nothing in comparison to how many new IP's would flood to YOUR servers with JTL.
    So you are telling me my estimate of 400 ish, is actually dwarfed by 600 more players who cares, I do not mean to offend here, I am just saying even 10,000 IP's would mean more potential donations and help keep this alive.

I also understand CH is a big *** deal and kudos for that becoming a reality, well done seriously, as it is the second hardest thing to code IMHO. But I lived in space on SOE's servers, and I know for a fact,
    that your facebook page, and twitter, and ProjectSWG (Total joke group by the way, way behind you guys ) The players need at least free travel among planets, start there PLEASE.
    It does not have to start with full on space wars like me and many others love, but free space flight is a big deal and even just seeing a ship on the spaceport terminal adds to the immersion.

If ****** wants this ship to sink, oh it will sink alright, but heck at least give them a reason to be scared. Hiding in the shadows is why we only have 1000 unique IP's

Vlada, you do realize this game used to have 500,000 or more unique IP's right???

John Smedley, would NOT care about 1000 IP's Guys..

Murkanator
    Last edited by Murkanator; 11-13-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Oh you poor misguided soul. I know we all like to remember SWG as to "good old days" but its time to take off our rose-tinted glasses and realize that Server cap on SOE servers was 3K same as ours, and that at its peak SWG had just 300k subscribers.

ate Posted: Feb 4, 2006 #1
    Quoted from the boards.... Posted here so the truth gets out.
    ----------------------------------------
    “k, here is the list of the servers, and the population of players currently logged in...

ID: 24 - Name: Europe-Infinity - IP: 195.33.138.101 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0334
    ID: 23 - Name: Europe-FarStar - IP: 195.33.138.75 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0133
    ID: 22 - Name: Europe-Chimaera - IP: 195.33.138.41 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0331
    ID: 1C - Name: Shadowfire - IP: 199.108.197.130 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0518
    ID: 1B - Name: Wanderhome - IP: 199.108.197.103 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0462
    ID: 1A - Name: Tarquinas - IP: 199.108.197.87 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0456
    ID: 19 - Name: Starsider - IP: 199.108.197.50 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0414
    ID: 13 - Name: Tempest - IP: 199.108.7.148 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0457
    ID: 12 - Name: Valcyn - IP: 199.108.7.111 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0455
    ID: 11 - Name: Sunrunner - IP: 199.108.7.73 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0493
    ID: 10 - Name: Scylla - IP: 199.108.7.50 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0457
    ID: 0F - Name: Naritus - IP: 199.108.8.137 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0496
    ID: 0E - Name: Kettemoor - IP: 199.108.8.117 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0522
    ID: 0D - Name: Intrepid - IP: 199.108.6.178 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0456
    ID: 0C - Name: Flurry - IP: 199.108.6.133 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0473
    ID: 0B - Name: Radiant - IP: 199.108.198.70 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0266
    ID: 0A - Name: Lowca - IP: 199.108.198.36 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0227
    ID: 09 - Name: Kauri - IP: 199.108.196.178 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0245
    ID: 08 - Name: Gorath - IP: 199.108.196.131 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0271
    ID: 07 - Name: Eclipse - IP: 199.108.196.101 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0397
    ID: 06 - Name: Chilastra - IP: 199.108.196.84 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0357
    ID: 05 - Name: Bloodfin - IP: 199.108.196.40 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0441
    ID: 04 - Name: Corbantis - IP: 199.108.6.105 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0460
    ID: 03 - Name: Ahazi - IP: 199.108.6.79 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0520
    ID: 02 - Name: Bria - IP: 199.108.6.53 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0722

of course i should'nt have this info but i have friends who like to hack.
    believe it or not this is the real info.â€

END QUOTE
    LINK: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/b...sage.id=433038

More info....

-These server numbers were taken sometime on Friday evening. I do not know how they were obtained other than the OP (name was: neowarderdude) saying that they were “hacked†by his friends.

-These numbers do not show how many total subs are on each server, rather, it’s a “snapshot in time†of how many people are on each server at the time the numbers were obtained (primetime Friday).

-Whether or not these numbers are legit no one can say definitively one way or the other... Apparently, if you do a Yahoo search for those IP’s, they do show up as actual SWG IP for those servers.

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?...e&uname=g33p33

-As to how SOE has the server pop's adjusted, he said:
    "neowarderdude wrote:
    Full = 3000
    Extreamly Heavy = 1500
    Very Heavy = 1200
    Heavy = 900
    Medium = 600
    Light = 300
    Very Light = 0

my friend gave me that list, and that's how it calculated before NGE (but he thinks they've changed it a bit since NGE)"

- This may be of some significance:
    "neowarderdude wrote:
    Did you substitute the word population for the actual connections to each given port and does it include all the sub for the ip's

The numbers that are given to the client when it connects to the logon server, it uses those numbers to determine how full the server is. My friend use to see numbers in the 1500-2000 range with bria hitting 3000"

-Quick Stats: 10,363 people total
    Most people on a server: Bria
    Bria’s Population: 722 (conceptually speaking approx 60 people per planet)

Least amount of people: Lowca
    Lowca’s population: 227 (conceptually speaking approx 18 people per planet)
    Note, I ignored Europe-FareStar server’s pop (of 113) b/c it’s not in its prime time there.

-Also, interestinly enough these numbers echo the Cube Stats from that much debated friday feature:
    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...ource=features

legacyAccount, Feb 4, 2006

Its not prety, but it is what it is.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't always agree with Vlada, but when I do .... DAMN!! Someone got served LOL /justsayin

But on a serious note, I have always wondered what the server pop on Valcyn was ... in my minds eye I thought 20,000 ROFL
    1700 concurrent users seems perfect to me.
    Can't we all just get along?!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you play, you should really donate imo. Especially if you have played for more than a few months and have more than one character.
    Nejo Mombasa MS/TKM
    Wheeky Cank MP/MCM
    Vendor WP Coronet 1084 -4524

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'd love to see JTL too, it was a good expansion, but there's an order to things. If we're lucky, maybe when they've gotten the core game to work in a way they want, maybe then they'll work on implementing JTL. Until then, if you like what they've done so far, and are playing swgemu, show them some appreciation. I'm no programmer, so I don't understand precisely how much work they've put into this, but it's a pretty safe bet to guess that it is a lot. Just look at how many years they've been at this.
    Thanks again guys, just wish I checked back here a few months ago before wasting my cash on the warlords of draenor pre-order. I know I'll be spending more time here than back on wow.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphella View Post
    but there's an order to things. If we're lucky, maybe when they've gotten the core game to work in a way they want, maybe then they'll work on implementing JTL.
    It won't take "luck" and it's not a matter of "maybe" .

It's been stated many many times over the past couple years: JTL will be addressed in-earnest once the ground game is completed to satisfaction.

And remember, there are lots of ways to 'donate' other than just monetary.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vlada with the smack down. The dude is a troll and annoying at that. To me, I don't care about JTL, I would rather have a perfected ground game and no JTL than JTL and tons of issues with the ground game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Vlada for giving a genuine response. I agree with everything you said and appreciate you taking the time to explain it with out being a smart ace. I respect whom ever is part of the roject and i thank you for that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You got my $20 a month

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That smack-down from Vlada just got my money, as soon as I have a more reliable income to donate with. Hot damn, I love devs and mods who aren't shy about putting trolls in their place with cold, hard facts.

"Stop getting yourself shot full of holes, and maybe you won't have to put up with my 'wit'." - Pakmi Vebbar, disgruntled medic.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I remember when all that population stuff went down on SOE's forums. It was funny and sad all at the same time.

I've been with SWGEMU from the very beginning and will see it though (to hopefully a release of their own server). The project has surpassed my expectations, especially with those few first years which were a bit of a rocky road. The contributors (devs, QA, mods, testers, etc) have done an outstanding job and we all owe them a million thanks.

As for the financial bit- I think as a finished product gets closer more people will come back. There are a lot of lurkers. A lot of people either:
    A- Don't want to test
    or
    B- Don't want to spend so much time into a play server that's going to get wiped

I wouldn't ever worry about support, JTL or not. The daily population is very healthy for an pre-released play server. In fact, I think it is more populated than Shadowfire was for most of it's history. I never have problems finding people, even in the most remote places and cities.

The only thing I think about sometimes is when is the project truly ever going to be "done"? There will always be bugs. There will always be something to work on. I started following EMU without kids. Now I have one old enough to play with me on the server! I would be completely fine with a release without JTL or jedi implemented, just like when SOEs servers went live. I just don't want to be a grandpa by the time things are "done"

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm a newcomer to SWG Emu (played less than a month), but would gladly pay a subscription to this version. I used to love this game like many others of you here. If people are willing to pay a fee to enjoy other MMORPGs out there why not this one? I cancelled my subscription to another Star Wars game because I didn't think it matched up to this one.

My monthly donation to the Emu team is well earned in my opinion, without the players donations, how do they expect to get game improvements, how do they expect to ever get JTL released? Any suggestions?

The game improvements are a long winding road, why walk when you can all chip in to buy a speeder and get there a lot quicker?

Closed Thread

Thread Information