Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temenos Island Harvest Festival

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Temenos Island Harvest Festival

Temenos Island Harvest Festival

Join us as we celebrate the season with a Harvest Festival in Temenos Island, Naboo (-1140, 375).
    ( check your time zone here)

Festivities will begin at 3pm Eastern on Saturday, November 2nd with a performance by Wild Blue Moon.
    Jawa Beer will be free-flowing, a triathlon (run, swim, swoop) course is set up, and a fun time will be had by all!

What: Temenos Island Harvest Festival
    When: Saturday, November 2nd - 3pm Eastern
    Where: Temenos Island, Naboo (-1140, 375)

Featured Activities:
    Performance by Wild Blue Moon
    Triathlon Race (run, swim, swoop)
    Jawa Beer and other festive treats
    Fireworks Show
    Fun and Friends (old and new alike)
    Last edited by camigwen; 10-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sweet...looking forward to this event

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

It should be fun!!!

Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds fun!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds fun, will do my best to be there!
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am looking forward to being there!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can't wait!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will def drink da most beer.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had a terrific time! I can't wait for your next party

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When Eswa, a tall and lanky blue-skinned Twi’lek, first began working with Fiirefly for her “Spring Fling” fashion show, she said that she could not wear the lekku wrap. She’d been a slave for a particularly nasty Hutt who had made the Twi’s in his house wear them very tightly to keep them from communicating with each other behind his back. When Eswa gained her freedom, she declared she would never wear one again.

When Fiirefly’s “Summer Safari” show began rehearsals, Eswa’s lack of lekku wear became a bit of an inside joke, and the banter was quite funny. “Nekky Lekku!” was often shouted out, in good fun, with much glee at my expense.

Last night I attended the Temenos Island Harvest Festival, but on an alt, not with Eswa. To be honest, because of personal reasons, I had tried to come up with a reason to avoid the event, but in the end I honestly couldn’t.

So here I am sitting on the bank of a dry river that runs through the little village, watching Wild Blue Moon perform. And they were wonderful! I found myself having a great time – cheering, applauding, and enjoying the crowd and the show!

When they set up for their last song of the evening, I saw Yuna join them, and though she hadn’t been with them for the other songs I didn’t think anything of it at the time. I also didn’t catch on that the band had changed to almost all Twi’leks...all in fleshwraps with tight lekku wraps...

When you watch a Wild Blue Moon performance you do just that...you watch. They create such wonderful shows with their costumes, choreography, and the lyrics of the songs and how those lyrics are presented in the chat bubbles. You cannot stare at your chatbox and you cannot catch every single word, but you can absorb the sense and feeling they present as well as much of the song.

So they began this last song, about a Twi’lek who was in the service of a nasty Hutt that made them all wear tight wraps... about how they fought against the wraps, how the wraps bound them, kept them silent. I thought, “Wow! That’s almost like Eswa!”

Then at one point they all changed costumes, wore flowing dresses and lost all the wraps so their lekku were truly free, began singing about the freedom and how they would NEVER wear the wraps again and I knew where the inspiration for the song had come!

When they actually used the phrase, “nekky lekku” and all at once wished Eswa - me - a happy birthday, it took a few moments before I realised that the entire song had not just been inspired by me, but had been FOR me.

I burst into tears. Really, behind my keyboard I wept like a baby.

I only wish I could’ve properly expressed how I felt at the time to those around me in game.

It was my birthday last week, and it had been a hard one. No explanations why, but some people knew, and some people spent the time to do something so completely special for me.

Thank you Aerea, Fiirefly, Anji, Yuna, Luix, Ansgar, and everyone else who stepped forward to create that song, the dance, the costumes, and everything else. I cannot express how incredibly touched I was at the effort and thought. I was so very moved by that gesture.

TL;DR: Temenos Island Harvest Festival was cool and I am a lucky blue Twi’lek.
    Last edited by Jade_Enigma; 11-03-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Happy belated birthday Jade, and best wishes to you. I unfortunately had to sneak out shortly after the Wild Blue Moon performance, but I enjoyed what I saw. It was fun, thank you for great time.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Fiirefly sure tried hard to get Eswa to join the party but the song went on without a hitch and with only a minor adjustment in the lyrics. We had fun in performing the song for you as you are a dear friend of ours. Since I am a Zabrak we had my Twi'lek, Starri, be the lead singer and by luck she too is blue. I am so glad you enjoyed the song and I wish you much happiness in the coming year.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had a wonderful time doing this show. and we were all very excited to perform the song you inspired for us! I hope you have many happy and free lekku filled Birthdays.
    *hugs*
    Yuna

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Happy Birthday, lady! *hug*

We had a wonderful time in Temenos Island, and very much appreciated being invited to help you celebrate.

If any of you haven't received an invitation in your mailbox, yet, Fiirefly is recruiting dancing and non-dancing talent for a huge holiday show. Be sure to send her a mail and join in!

By the way, the race was a great addition to your harvest event, too; I loved it!

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

It was a great event! Looking forward to more in the future.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Thread Information