View Poll Results: What planet should we attack next?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corellia

16 23.53%
  • Endor

16 23.53%
  • Tatooine

36 52.94%

Thread: [Poll] Friday Fight Night Location

Play Stats
    Inactive

[Poll] Friday Fight Night Location

As Rebel soldiers take a drink in the cantina of Theed, Imperial shuttles scurry around the planet, picking up troops and ferrying them off-world. Three more Rebel Mon Calamari cruisers have arrived and set up a primary defensive grid around the planet. Once a shining jewel of the Empire, Naboo now rests in the liberating hands of the Rebel Alliance!

Generals aboard the Horizon overview repairs while studying a star chart. Without a doubt, the Rebel forces would be well on their tail, ready to take another strike at the already crippled Imperial forces. Main hyperspace routes could lead to Endor, Corellia, or Tatooine. They discussed retreating back to Rori, the swampy moon planet of Naboo, but decided against it. There was already a significantly large Imperial presence there, and they were better to establish a base of operations on a nearby star system to launch a counter-attack.

Corellia would be the obvious choice, practically the center of the galactic economy, second only to Coruscant. The Corellian sector, if in the hands of the Empire, would provide amazing benefits for the Empire, allowing them to monopolize the hyperspace lanes and deploy troops faster into battle. Of course, with their weakened state, perhaps it wouldn't be wise to lead the Rebel forces to this world just yet.

Endor is a forested planet, and there are rumors that the Emperor himself has singled it out as a point of interest for a new shipyard. Remote and out of the way, it would allow for an advantageous area to secretly rebuild the Imperial forces. Additionally, with the abundance of diorite and feldspar, the combat engineers would enjoy a bonus to base construction if the planet were taken.

Tatooine, while inhospitable, is the closest to Naboo if a counter-attack is the preferred action to take. The Imperials have always maintained a presence on the planet and there'd be plenty of backup to establish a foothold. Additionally, with the abundance of crime and freelancers, a stronghold on the planet would ensure easy access to saboteurs for future battles.

The Generals continue to argue, but eventually decide to put it to a vote.

Planetary Bonuses:

Naboo: Thanks to the advances of Nabooian doctors and medicine, the occupying force gets a bonus to medical supplies provided.
    [Buff bonus of 2200/1600 instead of 1800/1200.]
    System Bonus: [If Rori is held in addition to Naboo, medical drops during battle can happen, healing and rebuffing troops.]

Corellia: At the heart of the Galaxy, the occupying force dominates hyperspace travel, ensuring faster troop deployment.
    [Bonus (x2) troop NPCs deployed in base defense.]
    System Bonus: [If Talus is held in addition to Corellia, all current bonuses are enhanced by x1.5 (i.e. Naboo receives 3300/2400 buffs, x3 bonus of base troops, etc.)]

Endor: A luscious forest world, Endor provides the occupying force with an abundance of construction materials for bases.
    [Reinforced bases, nearly twice the size of a normal base with choke points and more.]

Tatooine: A backwater planet boasting plenty of mercenaries and shady criminals to do the occupying force's dirty work.
    [Saboteurs can infiltrate enemy bases and cripple them, leaving openings, alternative routes, and flank attack opportunities.]
    System Bonus: [If Lok is held in addition to Tatooine, mercenaries can be deployed in battle behind the enemy, forcing them to attack on two fronts.]

Yavin IV: While this small moon is insignificant, Yavin, the red-gas giant it orbits, contains several moons with unique orbital patterns that would allow for the construction of shipyards and research into advanced capital ship weaponry.
    [Capital ship attacks damage health and action by 800 and mind by 500 (debuff)]

Dathomir: Inhabited by the wild Force witches, Dathomir is tainted by the dark side of the Force, and imbues immense power into any Jedi who can channel into its darkness.
    [Jedi of the occupying force can channel their powers into 3500/2500 buffs (usable once per battle, per Jedi).]

Dantooine: A small world full of farmers and miners, Dantooine holds little strategic value, except for the plethora of abandoned ruins, mining facilities, and homesteads. Commandos use these ruins to train and practice, honing their abilities to execute precision attacks.
    [For each planet owned by the occupying force, one assassin commando is given. Each commando can be deployed once during battle to instantly eliminate one enemy player, or a small number of enemy NPCs]

Last Stand Bonus: If one side of the Galactic Civil War occupies 1 or less planets while the other side occupies all others, Heroes can be deployed during battle to aid until this condition is broken (Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, etc).

Current Galactic Civil War Overview:

Rebel:
    Naboo
    Dantooine
    Lok

Imperial:
    Dathomir
    Talus

Neutral:
    Corellia
    Talus
    Endor
    Tatooine
    Yavin IV
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vote and give your comments! Next week (4/29/11) we will not be having Friday Fight Night since myself and Hakry will both be unavailable, so it is possible that the battle will either be moved to Saturday or simply postponed. If you have a suggestion about this, let us know!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow awesome idea! I voted for Endor

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I voted for Tatooine. Lets Go Rebels!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Of course, the friday i have free. Canceled.
    /vote for saturday!!!!!!!

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Very cool indeed. Dont thnk I get a vote though. Wait...I have to sneeze.....

HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachoooooooooooooooooooo ooooo! endor..........................................

ah, now i feel better.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    vote for tat :P

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Soo any possibility when we will know if it will be held saturday night??
    \crosses fingers for saturday!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by korimor View Post
    Soo any possibility when we will know if it will be held saturday night??
    \crosses fingers for saturday!
    Talking about it with the other ECs, it's a good possibility though
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    When will you guys decide if it will be Saturday?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So, where the fight will be?

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    it is not tonight.. might be tomorrow..... god willing

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I really want to do the fight tomorrow, but it does depend on when the other ECs would be available. I'll get on IRC to talk with them tonight, so expect an announcement no later than 12am/1am CST. I'll either give a time and place for tomorrow, or the time and place for next week.

Sorry for the slow response, I've been pretty hectic IRL =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    /tears up and runs away to pray

Thread Information