Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Event] Get a Clue...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Now if anyone would just give a direction of where they drop. Certainly not off of Corsec npc's. Maybe just higher end mobs? Nightsisters, Geonosians etc?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    CLUE Event Update!

Congratulations to those who have figured out the CLUE Event! To give everyone a fighting chance, we've decided to give you all one final hint!

In order to proceed in the CLUE Event, you must loot 11 CLUE Datadisks (you must have all 11 in your inventory when you start the event, and they will be destroyed). The CLUE Datadisks will lead you to an NPC who will give you the quest. Be warned, it involves a lot of puzzles, riddles, and finding things! Bring your thinking caps!

The prize for finishing the event is 1 random special edition pair of goggles and 1 random veteran reward painting or Krayt Dragon skull. You may have already noticed a couple players in-game wearing their new goggles!

If there's a time to get starting working on those CLUEs, it's now! CLUE datadisks will only be dropping for one more week! After this weekend, they will be removed from the loot tables, and you'll have to trade with other players to get the full set of 11. The actual quest will remain in-game along with the prizes.

Good luck to everyone, and get hunting!

The CLUE quests were fun and challenging to figure out. Especially the FINAL puzzle.

Everyone should be prepared to spend many many hours on this event as there are several stages.

<NINE>
    Visit NINE Mall outside cNet @ 666, -5300

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Oh since the cats out the bag, #serverfirst
    IGN: Odaus/Ashyy Larry

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Last edited by chiwar7178; 07-02-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Otedo - Ranger/Rifleman
    Charlie - ?
    Drop-off vendor: 268 -5652 Corellia

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hmmm so unless i buy clues as a non combat player this is slightly unfair or can i find them while crafting ????

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No you can't. But that wouldn't really make sense anyway.

I created a combat character just to get these and gave up shortly after due to the rarity of finding them (maybe because I was killing low level mobs). Eventually looted CLUE #3 that way but bought the rest. Got them faster by crafting, making money, and buying them.
    Last edited by mwsupra; 07-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by imost999 View Post
    hmmm so unless i buy clues as a non combat player this is slightly unfair or can i find them while crafting ????
    No. Just like $OE, all events and rewards are wrapped around combat classes only. /shrug

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Malady View Post
    No. Just like $OE, all events and rewards are wrapped around combat classes only. /shrug
    Well, even SOE didn't have only combat class events. They just made everything that people would want combat only.
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    Time for kids to start playing with integrity instead of being selfish, arrogant a**holes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Malady View Post
    So you have a brilliant suggestion for how crafters could "loot" things in an event that is of equal difficulty to combat, as not to unbalance things. Please share.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the event is pretty nicely done from all the viewpoints, but i guess theres always someone that isnt happy with it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Perhaps, whenever a crafter is using a looted schematic, an uber-badass schematic(s) could be parsed from the information--like there's a programming backdoor in the software of the looted schematic that someone's datapad might randomly stumble-upon and access.

Looted schematic has x% chance to create [per system message and datapad entry] schematics for the uber-rare, or SWGEmu-only, stuff:
    *Crafted (or should I write: engineered) krayt tissues/acklay bones/rancor bile/spider venom/other enhancements
    *Crafted heavy duty clasps/heavy leather segments/other enhancements
    *Bonus uses of crafted schematic
    *Random looted schematics
    *Crafted anti-decay kit/resource deed (% of final assembly would determine time and date of anti-decay kit expiration--set a max of like 6 months, while attached to an item)
    *Instant shuttle beacons
    *Instant @buff tickets
    *Orbital bombardment beacons
    *Clone of cRush in uber-DEV-god-mode to wail on all mobs in the area for 45 seconds

I could keep going, but those are just a few off the top of my head...
    Otedo - Ranger/Rifleman
    Charlie - ?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thought it was very well done, even though I couldn't participate.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chiwar7178 View Post
    Perhaps, whenever a crafter is using a looted schematic, an uber-badass schematic(s) could be parsed from the information--like there's a programming backdoor in the software of the looted schematic that someone's datapad might randomly stumble-upon and access.

Looted schematic has x% chance to create [per system message and datapad entry] schematics for the uber-rare, or SWGEmu-only, stuff:
    *Crafted (or should I write: engineered) krayt tissues/acklay bones/rancor bile/spider venom/other enhancements
    *Crafted heavy duty clasps/heavy leather segments/other enhancements
    *Bonus uses of crafted schematic
    *Random looted schematics
    *Crafted anti-decay kit/resource deed (% of final assembly would determine time and date of anti-decay kit expiration--set a max of like 6 months, while attached to an item)
    *Instant shuttle beacons
    *Instant @buff tickets
    *Orbital bombardment beacons
    *Clone of cRush in uber-DEV-god-mode to wail on all mobs in the area for 45 seconds

I could keep going, but those are just a few off the top of my head...
    The problem with crafting is that you'd have to alter the code either for the crafting manager or the draft schematic to add those probabilities in there. With combat, it's a simple matter of adding something to the loot tables, where creatures pull from to decide what they drop based on a percentage. Crafting doesn't work that way.

That means, it's easy to add something like a new item to drop from the loot tables than it would be to add an item spawning from a crafting session. Though it's possible, you would have to alter the code away from 14.1, the goal of the project. Adding something to a loot table doesn't alter code.

Now watch, cRush is gonna take this as a challenge and find a way. Crafting loot tables or something =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    The problem with crafting is that you'd have to alter the code either for the crafting manager or the draft schematic to add those probabilities in there. With combat, it's a simple matter of adding something to the loot tables, where creatures pull from to decide what they drop based on a percentage. Crafting doesn't work that way.

That means, it's easy to add something like a new item to drop from the loot tables than it would be to add an item spawning from a crafting session. Though it's possible, you would have to alter the code away from 14.1, the goal of the project. Adding something to a loot table doesn't alter code.

Now watch, cRush is gonna take this as a challenge and find a way. Crafting loot tables or something =)
    Perhaps I should move that to the "Future Server Ideas" board?
    Otedo - Ranger/Rifleman
    Charlie - ?

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can do anything mwahahah.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Thread Information