Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Playin.fr Interview with SWGEmu Developers

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Swallow your foolish pride and make the emu what SWG became, not what it started out as... THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gtrsamurai View Post
    Swallow your foolish pride and make the emu what SWG became, not what it started out as... THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!!
    Are you referring to the post-NGE and CU game, or pre-NGE and CU? Your statement was exceedingly vague.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Having a hard time biting my tongue on that gtrsamurai, Star Wars Galaxies went from a highly complex mmorpg offering just about anything and everything an mmorpg could, to a pile of steaming bantha poo. It's actually amusing at how many MMOs (notice I stopped using the MMORPG reference) have tried to add in some of the features that SWG had and have failed in a rather spectacular display. It was and continues to be my opinion that the original pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was well ahead of the times and that in some cases it still is. To date, I cannot in good faith name even one MMO that has all the features SWG had that is "successfully" keeping players on their servers.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    lol, I know, sounds harsh. Just having jedi withdrawal. Unlocking the jedi path too difficult. Still enjoy the pre- CU! What an incredible game!!! Cheers!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jkm4201 View Post
    Having a hard time biting my tongue on that gtrsamurai, Star Wars Galaxies went from a highly complex mmorpg offering just about anything and everything an mmorpg could, to a pile of steaming bantha poo. It's actually amusing at how many MMOs (notice I stopped using the MMORPG reference) have tried to add in some of the features that SWG had and have failed in a rather spectacular display. It was and continues to be my opinion that the original pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was well ahead of the times and that in some cases it still is. To date, I cannot in good faith name even one MMO that has all the features SWG had that is "successfully" keeping players on their servers.
    I honestly could not have expressed this sentiment better. I have for a very long time spoken fondly of SWG as a proper MMORPG to those friends I've made in other MMOs. I gushed over how you could find your path, not have it dictated to you, and how you could make your way without ever carrying a weapon and yet still gain so much satisfaction from your online time. People talk about sandbox MMOs, but if they have never played Star Wars Galaxies prior to the NGE, then they really don't understand what a sandbox MMO truly is.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    I honestly could not have expressed this sentiment better. I have for a very long time spoken fondly of SWG as a proper MMORPG to those friends I've made in other MMOs. I gushed over how you could find your path, not have it dictated to you, and how you could make your way without ever carrying a weapon and yet still gain so much satisfaction from your online time. People talk about sandbox MMOs, but if they have never played Star Wars Galaxies prior to the NGE, then they really don't understand what a sandbox MMO truly is.
    I couldn't of spoke better then what you told us already..>Simply WOW This game was and will always be in my Opinion the Best Personal Advancement game...SWG was totally destroyed when they added classes Im glad to see so many follower's and Adept to The Old SWG Make's me cry now :')

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have to echo what Jade said. A couple of months ago I made over 500k credits off of wild milk when a lot of people were wondering why I was even harvesting it, saying there wasn't really a market for it. I think at the time, I was the only guy doing it. It took me 2-3 days to get the 50K+ units that I was contracted for, but I had some fun doing it. It was totally dependent on my skills as a scout/CH/ with some rifles thrown in.
    Rory Koroo - Eclipse Server

RoryKoroo - Basilisk Server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Glad to see the progress that has been made with the code over the years.
    I originally joined back when SWGemu first got started and then I lost track of SWGemu some where along the way.
    Around the same time SWG was dying, real life took over and online gaming and gaming in general got put on the back burner.
    I am trying to get re-aclimated to SWG before being able to provide decent feedback.
    Even though I played SWG at the beginning and even into the CU and NGE era, at my current stage I am pretty much a newb all over again.
    Once I am reaclimated, I hope to be able to provide coherent and good feedback.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You forgot to mention the support of Berix, me, Zabi and some other guys from 2005-2006. Damn was his name again that used to hang out in the codemonkeys irc or the one before that? think it was DaNet?

Let's see it was acid that provided Xeno with stuff to crack the encryption, right? 11 year, it's so long that it seems like another life. :-/
    Last edited by Valis; 08-21-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes it was acid who reverse engineered the encryption, not a lot of people left from 2005...

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah it's a pity, since Berix vansished and Zabi I haven't seen for years, I still play like 5 min, now and then, with a friend. Still one of the first player that actually plays the game. :P I have a house, somewhere too.

Good games never rust and this was one of the best, in its days. I'm glad I have contributed, even if it was just on the fringes.

Hell, I even miss the nutty community from back in 2006-2008 on the Swgemu server.

Closed Thread

Thread Information