SWGEmu Website Rules and Polices
Voicing Your Concerns:
Updated: March 2014
The SWGEmu Staff
You can voice your concerns, or give us any feedback you may have here:
1. ACCOUNT GUIDELINES
SWGEmu Accounts are used to access the SWGEmu Network, including but not limited to: the SWGEmu Forums, Website, Test Center(s), Bug Tracker and IRC Server. All SWGEmu Users must follow the following rules in respect to their SWGEmu Account:
Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy
Users under the age of 13 may only create an account to access the SWGEmu Network with the expressed permission of their Parent / Guardian under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act 1998.
If you are banned, it is not permitted to get back to the SWGEmu Network on an alternate account. You may contact an SWGEmu Community Manager to discuss the nature of your ban and its duration via email or private message. Submit a ticket to support.swgemu.com
or send an email to [email protected]
if you feel a ban has been issue unfairly.
Do not buy or sell your accounts, everything here is free, there is no need to pay for anything. Do not give your password to anyone, compromised accounts will be banned.
Account names and all subsequent user names must be appropriate or they will be banned.
2. WEBSITE AND FORUM CONDUCT GUIDELINES
In the interest of maintaining a constructive and equal environment for everyone, all users of the SWGEmu Forums and Website should follow these guidelines:
Do not transmit or facilitate distribution of content (including images or videos) that is:
* Racially offensive
* Sexually offensive
* Ethnically offensive
* Overtly sexual
In addition to 2.1
* No spamming, baiting and trolling will not be tolerated
* No Personal attacks or insults.
* No gore
Do not repost deleted or closed threads or posts.
No spam or advertisements
Do not post any user's real-world personal information without his or her expressed permission.
Do not impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are a SWGEmu Staff Member or a representative of any other community
Do not promote the use of illegal client. Any proven use of an illegal client will result in a ban.
Do not attempt to interfere with, hack into to or disrupt functionality of the servers which contribute to the SWGEmu Network. Or upload files or post a link that contains a virus or malicious data.
Do not promote the use of a 3rd party software for the purpose of automating a character or characters in game
No R.I.P. threads unless the person is actually deceased, no '"goodbye" threads or posts for temporarily or permanently banned users.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW SWGEmu Based Server Section Rules and Polices too.
~ The SWGEmu Staff
- Respect each other. It's okay to argue, but try to settle flame wars in private messages.
- Respect the SWGEmu staff's authority.
- Please use only English to communicate. It is okay to use other languages in private messages and forums groups.
- Do not report same post repeatedly
- Refrain from posting about server status, it is frowned up on. For (somewhat) correct server info use our front page gadget www.swgemu.com, or our IRC #status channel.
- Please try to post in appropriate sections
- Do not promote or advertise other SWGEmu or non-SWGEmu based servers on our forums in any other section then one designed for that very purpose. If you do decide to do that, follow the guidelines posted in the sticky thread in that section. Any posts that are outside that section or are not in accordance with our guidelines will be deleted. Keep in mind that re-posting of deleted content is already regulated by our website and forum guideline 2.2
- In situations where the interpretation, implementation, or specific application of a rule is called into question, it will default to the staff to provide guidance and ruling on such circumstance. Forum/game users may file an appeal to said ruling at the listed locations above in the "Voicing your concerns" section. All submissions will be reviewed by senior staff.
- When posting large pictures use a spoiler BBcode
- We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to terminate users or reclaim usernames.
- Forums signature recommended size 500x250, even though we will allow signature to be wider than 500p please refrain from making them higher than 250p.
- These rules are subject to change at anytime.