Friday Fight Night!

When? Friday, April 22, 2011 @ 10:00pm EST/9:00pm CST

Where? Theed Starport, Naboo

Buffs? Provided!

This Session's Badge: Mark of Honor
...bears the Mark of Honor.

This fight's Planet: Naboo, Imperial Sector

For those who missed last week, here's a recap on what Friday Fight Night! is:

It's time for some weekly shenanigans to start happening! Tired of sitting around Coronet waiting for the silly Rebels to show their faces? Frustrated at the Imperial cowards who hide behind their AT-ATs?

Too long have there been "skirmishes" with various clashing Rebel and Imperial forces. It is time to put away your CDEF pistol and bring out the big guns. It's time for the Galactic Civil War!

Each Friday evening will be the weekly Friday Fight Night! at various locations across the galaxy! The "Where?" section is where you will congregate before taking portals to various battlegrounds hand-crafted by, yours truly, the ECs!

What can I expect?
Expect intense, fast-paced action! We will set up the event and portals to allow minimal lag-time for the server, as well as opportunities for you to clone, rebuff, and get back into the fight!

What do I get?
What do you get? Well you get good old-fashioned hard core PvP! Well besides that, let's cut to the chase of what you want (so come on, stop sending me hundreds of tells asking this, ok?): for each event, we'll notate whether or not buffing will be provided in the details. These buffs are meant for players who want to quickly get into the action or cannot afford doctors' buffs. They are not as strong as player-made buffs, so if you want the edge, bring your own doctors! We will provide as many portals to assist you in declaring your faction and warping to the appropriate recruiters to do so. We will NOT be changing your faction, so don't ask. Follow the various signs/directions.

What about prizes?
Here's where it gets interesting! At the start of every session, a "reward badge" will be displayed in the event post. This badge will be awarded to the winning side. But wait, you say. Can't people just switch sides? Why do some people get the badge in the fight? Well the badge WON'T be rewarded for a single fight. Any veteran knows that a single fight is nothing, but it's the WAR that matters!

At the end of a Friday Fight Night, the winning side gains control over one sector of the planet. There are three sectors per planet, a Imperial-favored battlefield, a Rebel-favored battlefield, and a neutral battlefield. The start of a planetary battle begins in the neutral battlefield, or the battlefield of the attacking side, and will progress either to the Imperial battlefield (should the Rebels win), vice versa, or to the neutral battlefield. In the end, to take a planet, one side must defeat the other in their favored battlefield. This means it could take as little as two, or as many as twenty battles to win a planet!

Example: If the Imperials attack Dantooine, a Rebel-controlled planet, the first fight will begin in an Imperial-favored sector. This means the Rebels only need to defeat them once to maintain the planet, and the Imperials must win at least three fights to take it away from them.

Example 2: If the Rebels attack Naboo, a neutral planet, the first fight will begin in the neutral sector, and either transition to the Imperial-favored sector if they win, or to the Rebel-favored sector if they lose. Either side would need to win two battles in a row to take the planet

The outcomes of a battle will be posted on each event thread. Once a battle has been won in the enemy's favored battlefield on a planet, the planet becomes that faction's planet, and the surviving soldiers will receive the session's badge, and a new one will be announced for the next planetary battle. So note, if you die and your side is close to winning, don't clone or you may miss the badge!

Additionally, the victor of a planet will have their flags displayed in the main starports of the planet! So what's the big deal about capturing planets? Well, more planets means more supplies and a better equipped army! Though the planet balance will start out as neutral, as one side gets more and more planets, they get more benefits in battle! These could range from extra-strength buffs, to special commando assistance, or to orbital strikes! It's well worth it to be the winning side in the Galactic Civil War!

Finally, ALL participates for EACH fight night will be awarded the Live Event badge (...has participated in a Live Event). We will award this badge at the end of a fight for a few minutes before we stop handing it out. If you miss it, simply come back next week, don't ask us for it!

Great! So how do I win?
The event will be monitored anywhere from one to two hours, in which the ECs will keep track of which side is doing the best. After an appropriate amount of time is up, we will declare a winner based on our observation, and the event will "end" in terms of the ECs will no longer rebuff, monitor, or give bonuses to various sides. But our involvement does not mean the fighting is over! The portals will remain operational, along with the battlefield, so there's nothing to stop you from fighting into the wee hours of the morning!

Kreen
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Current Galactic Civil War Overview:

Contested Planets
Naboo - 66% Rebel | 33% Imperial

Neutral Planets
Corellia
Tatooine
Endor
Yavin IV
Talus

Imperial Planets
Dathomir
Rori

Rebel Planets
Dantooine
Lok

This Fight Night's Outcome:

Congratulations to the Rebel Alliance. Thanks to their valiant efforts, Naboo is now under Rebel control!

AZIronman
04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
I love it!

Show up ready to fight Imperials.

bigevil
04-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Looks like great stuff again Kreen! I hope I fix my machine by then. hehe :)

Hakry
04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
/me is ready to watch another awesome fight!

LoTrax
04-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Ready to donate my force healing support to the rebellion this time! PC willing, just had another CPU scare involving a wire coat hanger... lol

vir darkruner
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Ill be there
*grabs bigass gun*

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

korimor
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately.. Won't be there :( ..maybe not for the next few fridays..... Last week was awesome though..
Will hopefully be able to goto another one soon though

jamMa
04-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Sweet, 3am. Can't wait!

claytorrozot
04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
I missed the one before and I'm probably gonna miss this one too :/ I'm usually busy on Friday nights and don't have time to play. Oh well, I'll catch one eventually...

BTW this is my first post, wooo!

Hakry
04-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I missed the one before and I'm probably gonna miss this one too :/ I'm usually busy on Friday nights and don't have time to play. Oh well, I'll catch one eventually...

BTW this is my first post, wooo!

Woohoo first post!

I am siked to see some awesome PvP tonight!

korimor
04-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Woohoo first post!

I am siked to see some awesome PvP tonight!
:( Maybe do something fun on saturday night for the few who misses it .. like last weekend XD?

Hakry
04-22-2011, 06:11 PM
:( Maybe do something fun on saturday night for the few who misses it .. like last weekend XD?

It is possible, all depends cause I may have something going tomorrow night. I mean as it is I will be in on a Friday and thats unheard of :p

korimor
04-22-2011, 06:17 PM
It is possible, all depends cause I may have something going tomorrow night. I mean as it is I will be in on a Friday and thats unheard of :p

It is just a hope then :D.
Who knows maybe not even another TEF.. maybe a MINI overt thing.. something for those of us who didn't get any emu action on friday :D. instead i will hopefully getting some big fishing action.... that is if you are available XD.

jamMa
04-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi, message from Europe: We're asleep when you host events. Wir sind eingeschlafen, wenn Sie Host-Ereignisse. Nous dormons lorsque des événements d'accueil vous.

InchesRADIANT
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi, message from Europe: We're asleep when you host events. Wir sind eingeschlafen, wenn Sie Host-Ereignisse. Nous dormons lorsque des événements d'accueil vous.

Set an alarm!

Hakry
04-23-2011, 12:53 AM

The last two events yes, but the one before that I did at 2pm EST specifically for Europe people and it literally took away my whole day. I do try and make events better time for our Europe folks, but its hard especially right now (finals + moving out of apartment soon + projects due + fire department stuff + life). As for Friday Fight Nights they are all set for this time for now and it may be possible to adjust it in the future, but I know Kreen is also very busy because she is also in college like myself.

As for this event, I have spent a few hours setting up and its just waiting for those wishing to fight!

Primus8
04-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Something needs to be done about the fire rifleman spam! Local respawns and no-decay would encourage more action and pushing regardless of the DoT spam

slawface
04-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Something needs to be done about the fire rifleman spam!

I dont know what you're talking about!

AZIronman
04-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Do no Imperials besides FUB and STORM like to PvP?

kaptainkrazy
04-23-2011, 05:03 AM
i love pvp, but i had to get Doc Teeth in the mix because all the imps in the fray were on fire...

badshrooms
04-23-2011, 05:13 AM
congrats to the rebels !!!

Primus8
04-23-2011, 05:18 AM
I dont know what you're talking about!

During tonight's event, anyone who went into front line combat ended up on fire. This resulted in probably about 1/2 of my faction's players standing around waiting for wound healing or fire blankets for a majority of the 2 and a half hours

And if you tried to ignore it to get some kills, you would just die and have to travel all the way back, of course. The only people able to really enter close range/melee range safely were the jedi...

AZIronman
04-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Rifleman with fire DoTs ruin close range gameplay because no one wants to risk death. If death wasn't as much of an obstacle (aka, spawns behinds main bases), then maybe we'd see more action and less standing in camps

the fact that EVERYONES a rifleman ruins pvp

Primus8
04-23-2011, 05:29 AM
the fact that EVERYONES a rifleman ruins pvp

Sorry for the ninja edit :P

slawface
04-23-2011, 05:35 AM
During tonight's event, anyone who went into front line combat ended up on fire. This resulted in probably about 1/2 of my faction's players standing around waiting for wound healing or fire blankets for a majority of the 2 and a half hours

And if you tried to ignore it to get some kills, you would just die and have to travel all the way back, of course. The only people able to really enter close range/melee range safely were the jedi...

I was being sarcastic. This was pretty much me for the entire event. I spammed fires for every pool the whole time. The jedi had me figured out and that made it more difficult, but i was still doing it and it was still fun watching the incaps roll across my screen. If sniper shot worked i'd have cleaned up :(. Its a shame they wont add anything to liberator because a few small tweaks would make this more even.

jamMa
04-23-2011, 08:44 AM
The last two events yes, but the one before that I did at 2pm EST specifically for Europe people and it literally took away my whole day. I do try and make events better time for our Europe folks, but its hard especially right now (finals + moving out of apartment soon + projects due + fire department stuff + life). As for Friday Fight Nights they are all set for this time for now and it may be possible to adjust it in the future, but I know Kreen is also very busy because she is also in college like myself.

As for this event, I have spent a few hours setting up and its just waiting for those wishing to fight!

You both clearly hate europeans. There will be an uprising. I say bring back Morah to the team

badshrooms
04-23-2011, 04:43 PM
DoTs are not a pain, Lead <live> and a few outside guys and a jedi we had coordinated camps and docs and a re-supply of fireblankets/stims/dizzy/food brought half way into the fight.

I had a full ventrilo voice chat server and shot out as many 200 + fire health and action 100 pot dots and used my PvP template to run into frontlines at all times providing a fire blanket for the jedi personally nearly every time and saving many team mates and others while in turn Our CM was Throwing AoE Heals, poisens, and using my mind fire rifles :)

Its great to see how well this went for us Rebels in the event, and thumbs up to the jedi that showed up for both sides more or less it would have been a great battle still.

Vlada
04-23-2011, 05:17 PM
You both clearly hate europeans. There will be an uprising. I say bring back Morah to the team

You need to calm down.