PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Tour Proudly Presents

rigormortus
04-30-2013, 12:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hWDDMyg.jpg
Come help us celebrate all that makes Star Wars great. It is the 30th anniversary of:

Return of the Jedi

We are sponsoring a POI tour and trivia contest on the forest moon of Endor. This will be a POI tour with 6 locations. Each of the
first 5 locations will have a series of 5 questions. The first four questions will determine who gets a chance at the final question and the prize for that POI. The final location will have 2 questions. The first question will be for the winners of the 5 POI's to determine the grand prize winner. The final question will be a open to everyone for a special prize. The playing field will be leveled. The questions will be mulitple choice but there will be no straight ABCD answer questions.

Date: Saturday May 18, 2013
Time: 6 pm EST

Each location will be 30k in credits.
Grand prize will be 100k in credits.
The final question ????
MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE MOVIE CAREFULLY BECAUSE ALL OF THE QUESTIONS WILL BE FROM IT!!

Rules for the event:
1. Store all vehicles once you have reached the way point.
2. no excessive spamming.
3. The judges decisions are final.
First offense violators will frozen and warned.
Second offense they will be teleported to a location determined by the EC.
All players are required to be on leave for this event.

*Please once you get qualified for the prize for that POI do not answer any more questions for that POI give others a chance to get into the fun.
PLEASE no complaints about lag issues. We are aware when large groups get together we get lag. there is nothing we can do about it.
If you are a Ranger and would like to help by setting up a camp please send Rigormortus a tell at the start of the event.

For those of you who need help with time-zones http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?

Bwill
04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
cool idea. and a good chance for people to get the POI's
without the bored speeder humm.. and agros

nice.

sgtfunkadelic
04-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Looks like fun, I'll be there.

voltenn
04-30-2013, 07:15 AM
lame. we need more pvp

washedout
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Can I just come and watch? haha..

thepotwizard
04-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Ewok BBQ ?

Jade_Enigma
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
lame. we need more pvp

Oh, you're one of THOSE.

sgtfunkadelic
04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
lame. we need more pvp

make it happen! think of something pvp to do, sumbit a ticket to event staff and presto..pvp event!

thepotwizard
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
make it happen! think of something pvp to do, sumbit a ticket to event staff and presto..pvp event!

Would be nice to have some GM tools available though, for example to declare a battlefield where everyone automatically turns Spec Force, and neutrals can choose which side to support.

Cherish
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Which version of Return of the Jedi. I still have an original VHS. Made for a cool drinking game.

rigormortus
05-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Players are invited just to come watch and visit the poi's and pick up the badges with everyone else.

Please stay on topic. Any questions related directly to this event are most welcomed.

Thank you,

wulfy27
05-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Ewoks......yummy!!

Cherish
05-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Return of the Jedi
MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE MOVIE CAREFULLY BECAUSE ALL OF THE QUESTIONS WILL BE FROM IT!!

So on topic, which version? Lucas redid the movie, cut scenes and added CGI scenes. I guess now a days it would be called the director's cut.

rigormortus
05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
So it's even to all (even though i really don't like the later version) we might have to use the last version because I don't know how many peps still have their VHS players!! :)

Cherish
05-05-2013, 03:52 PM
But I love'd the party at the end. How could anyone forget it?

Redlancer9
05-07-2013, 07:03 AM
the party at the end where they show places around the galaxy -moments before the still functional Imperial government smashes them with the Plastoid fist of doom ?

amberedwards
05-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Would be nice to have some GM tools available though, for example to declare a battlefield where everyone automatically turns Spec Force, and neutrals can choose which side to support.

We would love to be able to do stuff like that. For now tho, the recruiters will just have to work, and as Fraco said, you can send in a request. Not everyone likes PVP and not everyone likes the parties. We cannot please everyone at one time. But this has credits involved so it makes it a little different.

Hope to see a huge turn out with lots of lag!

rigormortus
05-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I't been 30 years some of you weren't even born yet?
here is a piece of trivia for everyone.
Did you know that Return of the Jedi was release exactly 6 years to the day later from the debute of the first Star Wars Movie.
Remember Sat. 6pm EST hope to see alot of peps there.... :)

rigormortus
05-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Reminder 6:00 pm EST and think about this it is a PVP event!! you are trying to beat another player.... :)

amberedwards
05-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Watched the movie again! Too bad I can't play!

rigormortus
05-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out I hope everyone had a good time.

sgtfunkadelic
05-19-2013, 08:50 AM
I had fun! :) Until I lost connection :(

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z_3Wa8AInCI/UZiPlaVNPfI/AAAAAAAAA-I/Lmbvf6duICs/s1600/screenShot1526.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S9RHsdQTLZY/UZiPm0jgBkI/AAAAAAAAA-Q/eISdUdBpHAg/s1600/screenShot1528.jpg