PDA

View Full Version : Nyax Night: Costume Competition & Ball (Event)

elf_fu
09-29-2012, 09:37 PM
For decades, mothers have threatened their children with tales of horrible Lord Nyax. "If you keep on being a bad boy, Lord Nyax will come for you." Rambunctious children have somehow turned the threat of Nyax into a strange and haunting holiday across systems. On Nyax Night, (held generally in the month of Yelona) most of the galaxy from all ages and planets don frightening visages and costumes in their best attempt to represent the evil which Nyax embodies. Orange and black seem a prevalent color theme across many systems that celebrate. As Nyax became a symbol of evil, many costumes reflect many of the differing galactic species. Of course, not all dress frightening for Nyax day. Some decide to dress up as they see fit, and some planets even have a tradition where children (and always a few adventurous teenagers and adults) go from dwelling to dwelling, crying, "Trick or Treat!," in hopes of scaring up sweet rewards.

Nyax Night: Costume Competition & Ball
http://i.imgur.com/l2KRF.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-50uLR_PbpJw/UH0UOmi3CyI/AAAAAAAAAwI/luKOcx1z4X8/s640/Nyax+night+invite.jpg

Listen to spooky themed music here: http://bdfrebelrockradio.blogspot.com/

Holiday: Nyax Night
Event: Nyax Night Costume Competition & Ball
Event Setting: Savareen Theater & City Hall
Event Planet: Rori
Event Waypoint: /way -1331 4043
Event Travel Instructions: Travel to the planet Rori, starport: Narmle. In Narmle, purchase a ticket to Savareen.
Event date & Time: ((Friday, October 26th, 7PM EDT/EST)) Friday the 26th in the month of Yelona, at 1900 Imperial Standard Time
Event colors: If you or your character will not be participating in the costume competition or dressing up for Nyax night, participants are encouraged to come dressed in various shades of orange and black to celebrate the occasion.

Event Description: Sponsored by Loathe Clothiers, Saxabrah Decorating, The Tottering Torton, The Twisted Tassel is proud to present Nyax Night Costume Competition & Ball. Held in the beautiful Savareen theater and city hall (with the After dinner show Bar), guests are encouraged to dress formal or as informal as they like, dress in costume and participate in the costume competition and come and enjoy the food, drinks and company of your fellow Nyax Night Revelers.

At 8PM Empire time (EST/EDT) the costume competition will begin. Competitors will be encouraged to come onto the Savareen Theater stage to show off their costume and/or speak on their chosen costume while three mysterious secret judges in the audience will watch on. At 10 PM the winners will be announced and prizes will be handed out.

Please come by to enjoy the evening and the complimentary drinks and food.

Costume Competition Prizes:
1st Place: (? Can you help donate toward First prize :) )
2.5 million credits behalf of <ISR> Imperial Sector Rangers, Rumpels (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/member.php?u=9918) & LilonLesNeiges (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/member.php?u=46268) for Team Spirit(Collected! Thank you Rumples & Lilon!)
Padded Mini in Black & Orange, combat grade, 51% Kinetic/42% Blast (Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)
1 Padded full suit in black and orange, combat grade 51% Kinetic/42% Blast (Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)

2nd Place: (? Can you help donate toward Second Prize?)
500, 000 credits, Kairavi (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/member.php?u=81115) (Collected! Thank you Kairavi!)
5 2nd place swoop bikes (Collected! Thank you Taylan!)
1 Chef Outfit built of 4 socket non-combat padded armor and clothing in White and Moss Green (Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)

3rd Place: (? Can you help donate toward Third Prize?)
5 3rd place swoops! (Collected! Thanks Taylan!)
1 certificate to a structure of choice (Thanks Xanthya!)

Random prizes for those in the costume competition:
PARTICIPATING? SEND AN EMAIL TODAY TO AMERIA' FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THESE:
1 Grab bag full of clothing and non-combat padded in Black and Wine. All pieces are four sockets, and with a mix of armor and clothing, a good grab back for someone to make an SEA outfit to fit their needs. It's made for a female.(Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)

1 grab back built around a Grand Healer's Robe in blue and black, with both 4 socket non combat padded and clothing to build an outfit for SEAs. Also for female. (Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)

1 Wookie Grab Bag, set with a suit of ultra light hunting armor and 4 piece outfit of 4 socket clothing in Dark green and Brown (Collected! Thank you Kiaryn!)

-----------

OUT OF CHARACTER:

Image designer contacts/Available to help with Make-up: (? Will you be able to volunteer? :) )
Ameria' (Master Image Design. Please make sure to get any work you need done before the night of the event :3 I'll be busy)
Payton (Master Image Designer)

Tailor contacts/Available to help with costuming: (Will you be able to volunteer?)
Arihanna
Weedie (Amorsmith & Tailoring)
Lolan (Tailoring)
Kiarryn (Tailoring & Armorsmith)
Meiwe (Tailoring)

Volunteer Waiter/Waitresses (To hand out drinks)
Pledged: NeeNee

Volunteer Greeters (To /wave, /greet, and /welcome)

Food & Drink
Pledged: Ryli (Will contact in game)

Misc:
SHADE to bring the rum.

We are holding a Star Wars Halloween, public, server-wide RP encouraged event on Friday, October 26th, 2012. If you are wishing to compete in the costume competition, please 1.) Send Ameria' an in game email with your character's name. 2.) Due to the obvious game mechanics, some costumes may not be feasible. Please put a short description of your costume in your character profile before you compete that evening, so that judges can /examine you and better visualize the costume you are wearing. We will be working with the wonderful Event Coordinators for decorating before hand. All that we ask is that participants be respectful, be nice, and in the spirit of community: have fun :) Please be cool with one another no matter how you enjoy SWGemu game play and events.

While Savareen was able to roll to a Rank 4 city, unfortunately it was hit by the planetary bug. So you will need to have a bike, otherwise the trek to Savareen will be harsh. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

I am currently looking for volunteers to help make this event come alive. Tailors, Image Designers, prizes, food, drink, waiters, waitresses and greeters. Here is my original post requesting help for this event :http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395

I (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395)f you have questions, concerns, please contact Ameria' in game either via /tells or email, or elf_fu here in the forums via PM or response to this thread or the volunteer one. I will do my best to answer.

Looking forward to working with you & this event! See you there!

elf_fu
09-29-2012, 10:15 PM
If you can't make Nyax Night, why not make it for the next day's Halloween Party and costume competition? http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60793

(Sincere apologies to HSUL, had no idea there was another going on, haven't checked the forums in a while xD May both of our events be kick butt!)

Hiply
09-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, ooc, I'll see you at one or the other or both. You give good party. :)

elf_fu
09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, ooc, I'll see you at one or the other or both. You give good party. :)

I hope everybody will be able to make both!

Rumpels
09-29-2012, 11:55 PM
1st Place: (? Can you help donate toward First prize )

I'll sponsor 1.5 million credits for you to use in whichever prize on behalf of <ISR> Imperial Sector Rangers.

elf_fu
09-30-2012, 02:05 AM
1st Place: (? Can you help donate toward First prize )

I'll sponsor 1.5 million credits for you to use in whichever prize on behalf of <ISR> Imperial Sector Rangers.

Wow! Thank you Rumpels very much! I would like to offer that as part of the 1st prize, if that's all right with you? How would you like to go about donating? :)

GestorterEngel
09-30-2012, 03:26 AM
If anyone needs any costumes done, or any other tailoring needs, send me mail on Arihanna I would love to help. I actually just got done making a costume for someone a few days ago and it was loads of fun. :)

weedie
09-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I will be happy to help with both tailor and armorsmith for your costume needs, just let me know! IGN Weedie

elf_fu
09-30-2012, 04:51 AM
Weedie & Arihanna, thank you both very much! I have added you both to the original thread for contacts! Very kind of you!

GestorterEngel
09-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Weedie & Arihanna, thank you both very much! I have added you both to the original thread for contacts! Very kind of you!

Thank you love. If when the time comes and you need a entertainer for anything or doctor. Let me know as well. :)

amberedwards
09-30-2012, 05:32 AM
If you can't make Nyax Night, why not make it for the next day's Halloween Party and costume competition? http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60793

(Sincere apologies to HSUL, had no idea there was another going on, haven't checked the forums in a while xD May both of our events be kick butt!)

Girl, stop apologizing!! HUSL and SoE are not at all upset!! Kudo's on this awesome story-line to go with it! In all honesty, I should have told you when we spoke a while back. A weekend of good fun might just be what this server needs to kick it back into FUN mode again!!

Thank you for the link-up to ours!! Will do the same on ours! And I will most def be there, and not just because I have to!! hehe

latobuck
09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
um, lets spice this um. 1 mil creds to someone for whatever place. event coordinator can decide.

Rumpels
09-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow! Thank you Rumpels very much! I would like to offer that as part of the 1st prize, if that's all right with you? How would you like to go about donating? :)

Very welcome...I am GMT (UK) so I suppose it's just finding a time we are on together to I can tip it directly to you.

weedie
09-30-2012, 02:42 PM
My pleasure :)

elf_fu
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
um, lets spice this um. 1 mil creds to someone for whatever place. event coordinator can decide.

Wow, thank you very much, Latobuck! Since you are donating, is there any particular place you'd like to see it go to? We have a pledge for 1.5 for first, perhaps second place and then we can place Khurzons reward for third? And how would you like to go about donating? :3

EMUrper
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd like to add to third place for a deed to a structure of winners choice.

Also I have a Master ID if anyone needs IDing. (Payton)

Cheers all!

amberedwards
10-03-2012, 03:08 PM
LOVEING all the positive feed back for this event!!!

elf_fu
10-04-2012, 12:32 AM
I'd like to add to third place for a deed to a structure of winners choice.

Also I have a Master ID if anyone needs IDing. (Payton)

Cheers all!

Edited and added in! Thank you very much! I will be logging in tomorrow evening and trying to be available for several hours--roughly 3pm-0pm EST/EDT. If you need to contact me for anything let me know!

elf_fu
10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Well I was going to log in :3 I will try to get in game later tonight, but no promises. Long day and not feeling well :s

elf_fu
10-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Not sure which droid would be the most popular to make for the prize--PM me Ameria' and we'll chat!

Glad I caught you today!

I should be on tomorrow, too, and on a lot more this month as we work toward having ourselves an eepy-creepy time!

If anyone would like a copy of an in-game mail about Nyax night to send to themselves or fellow guildies or friends, please let me know either here or in game in a tell/email. I'd be happy to forward it to you

elf_fu
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm in game this morning (10:00 AM my time EST/EDT) if you need to get a hold of me and are on, send a /tell or email! <3

elf_fu
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm in game (2:48 PM EST/EDT right now) if anyone needs to contact me about their pledges prizes, donations, or any questions about Nyax Night :)

Kairavi
10-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll add 500k to the prize pool. If there is interest, I could also toss together a couple of black and orange Padded Minis for giveaway gifts :)

I'm in game *most* evenings, on Kiarryn.

I can also offer Tailoring and/or Amorsmith assistance for those who need it.

elf_fu
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll add 500k to the prize pool. If there is interest, I could also toss together a couple of black and orange Padded Minis for giveaway gifts :)

I'm in game *most* evenings, on Kiarryn.

I can also offer Tailoring and/or Amorsmith assistance for those who need it.

The more the merrier! And I'll be happy to take anything for prizes! I will be happy to add your name to available tailors/armorsmiths!

I have the strange bug with my friends list where it isn't at all accurate about telling me who is online--so if you see me log in and want to get together to donate your pledged prize please send a tell or email so I don't miss you!

EDIT: I am on right now (1:46 PM EST/EDT) and will try to be on until about 8PM this evening, if anyone who has pledged prizes needs to get a hold of me :)

elf_fu
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Logging in for a bit this evening! (6PM EST), I may be afk on and off but I will be here! If you'd like to contact me about pledged prizes, volunteering to help with Nyax night or anything else, please send a /tell or in game email anytime!

elf_fu
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Going to be trying to log in whenever Bas gets back up(6PM EST), If you'd like to contact me about pledged prizes, volunteering to help with Nyax night or anything else, please send a /tell or in game email anytime!

elf_fu
10-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Thank you to those who have donated so far! Still looking for people willing to pretend to be bar keeps/waiter or waitresses to hand out drinks too!

I also forgot to mention We're official! SWGemu event coordinators will be working with us to help decorate for the night! Wootwoot!

elf_fu
10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi guys! Some personal hiccups: Father-in-law has is in the hospital and have been dealing with that, so if I have missed your e-mails or chances to speak to you in game, it's because of that. I will be making an attempt to log in and be on tomorrow night (Monday, oct 15th) after 6PM EST/EDT to catch up to any emails and other stuff I have missed. Thank you for understanding!

Kairavi
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
All dropped off, with best wishes for an AMAZING night!

elf_fu
10-17-2012, 12:56 AM
All dropped off, with best wishes for an AMAZING night!

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh! I saw that today! Thank you that is AWESOME!

Oh, and guess what guys? http://bdfrebelrockradio.blogspot.com/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-50uLR_PbpJw/UH0UOmi3CyI/AAAAAAAAAwI/luKOcx1z4X8/s640/Nyax+night+invite.jpg (http://bdfrebelrockradio.blogspot.com/)

jennsteinhauer
10-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Food has been dropped off with Cruzi :)

elf_fu
10-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Food has been dropped off with Cruzi :)

D'oh, did I forget to add you to the admin list when I was one last? THANK YOU! That is awesome!

badvali
10-18-2012, 02:56 AM
oh, maybe i will have a new computer by then.

LilonLesNeiges
10-18-2012, 01:59 PM
1 mille towards any prize you chose (or split for all) pls contact Lilon on behalf of Team Spirit

Meiwe
10-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Love the idea! I have a recent post about my halloween costumes, a full display of what I have in my Queens Market Naboo shop, with them available and ready to buy both in my shop and on Coronet Bazaar under "wearable containers".

I'm also willing to work on any original concepts people may have in mind that they are not sure about pulling off! (contact me privately for this please)

elf_fu
10-18-2012, 07:27 PM
So far I've only got 1 actual email from someone wishing to participate in the costume competition!

Please ladies and gents, if you are competing, send me a quick email with your characters names! (Ameria' in game. Don't forget the apostrophe! :D This is so I can call them up on stage for the actual competition and event!)

Also, A HUGE ALL CAPS THANK YOU goes out to Kairavi (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/member.php?u=81115) for donating MORE than what I ever dreamed, and Lilon for a new pledge!

Meiwe (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/member.php?u=95340), can I add you to the list of tailor contact as well in case anyone needs costume work? :) And maybe share the waypoint to your shop too for potential customers to ogle your designs? :D

I have to update the prize list with Kairavi's donations and Lilon's pledge soon--will do so hopefully tonight or this morning; whenever I can get in game. <3

Thanks so much, everyone!

Don't forget--if you can't make it on the 26th, the day after SoE & HUSL are having a Halloween party too! Check it out here: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60793

jennsteinhauer
10-20-2012, 04:06 PM
D'oh, did I forget to add you to the admin list when I was one last? THANK YOU! That is awesome!

LOL yes, but that's ok! :)

elf_fu
10-21-2012, 10:03 PM
ERMERGERD! A wild Ameria' appears online! Yes that's right, if you need to contact me about Nyax night or anything, I am here and in game. Get it while it's hot...pink?

Also, the list of prizes for Nyax Night has finally been updated as of October 21st. FIVE DAYS LEFT TO SEND ME AN EMAIL TO COMPETE AND GET IN ON THE SWEET PRIZES! and WHAT AN UPDATE WOW! Thank you!

List of participants in costume competition so far:
Gavrila
Tyee
Atrian
Fraco
Rarye
Choices (SN: Evalina Romuic)

elf_fu
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM
1 mille towards any prize you chose (or split for all) pls contact Lilon on behalf of Team Spirit

I got your donation Lilon! YAY! Thank you so much!

elf_fu
10-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Just five people competing in the competition? :0 Please send me a quick in game mail if you are participating in the costume competition portion so I know who to call up to the stage to show off their costumes!

EMUrper
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Dropped off the gift certificate for a structure of winners choice.

elf_fu
10-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Dropped off the gift certificate for a structure of winners choice.

Thank you so much!

Also, I am online right now (2:13 PM) and will be on until roughly 5PM (we're going to visit father-in-law-in the hospital) I ought to be back online tonight when we get home too for any last minute questions about Nyax Night!

Viviiii
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Hello Vivi here had planned on attending and just noticed that we are supposed to send in game email to you that we will be entering in the Costume Competition I would like to Enter myself and also my friend(not sure which toon but will most likely be Biotch <-- not the best name for a toon) but i could not find your IGN Elf_fu (maybe because i didn't look hard enough <:D ) hope doing this will give you a heads up two count 2 more participants in also if you need more info from me my IGN is Vivi just send me a /tell or a mail if offline will answer it ASAP. Really love what you guys are doing *two thumbs up* keep up the great work!!!!

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Hi! In the original post, it should say my in game name is Ameria' :) If you could please get me your friends name before tomorrow night that would be great :)

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 07:39 AM
It's almost 4 am EST/EDT! I am logging off for the night and hope to be on tomorrow around 2 or 3 PM EST/EDT. If you have any last minute questions about Nyax Night, please send them via in-game email, PM, or catch me tomorrow before the event starts! Otherwise I will be busy with the event after 7 PM :)

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 05:23 PM
I am online (1:22 PM EST/EDT) and barring meteorites or server going down, will be on until the event tonight. If you have any questions for me about Nyax Night, now's the time to send them before 7PM!

Viviiii
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry Guys but Murphy's Law seems to be in effect for server events :(
eagerly Watching the event thread hoping for the best and server is only down for a bit!

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Sorry Guys but Murphy's Law seems to be in effect for server events :(
eagerly Watching the event thread hoping for the best and server is only down for a bit!

I am online and decorating my little Cantina :3 Seems like lag so far.

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
NYAX NIGHT IS POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

I just recieved a phone call that my father in law has taken a turn for the worse and that he was resuscitated this afternoon. As per his wishes, they will not do so again. I and the family are going to the hospital. PLEASE share this information with those who planned to attend this evening. Thank you.

Loc-nar
10-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah FYI this was just posted in IRC.

[14:57] <Ameria> NYAX NIGHT IS POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. I just received a phone call that my father in law has taken a turn for the worse and that he was resuscitated this afternoon. As per his wishes, they will not do so again. I and the family are going to the hospital. PLEASE share this information with those who planned to attend this evening. Thank you.

elf_fu
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah FYI this was just posted in IRC.

Yes, thank you, I posted that there to ensure that the message was sent out.

EMUrper
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Ameria'

Leylyah
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Prayers for your Father-in-Law, Elf_fu, and for you and your family.
Leylyah

amberedwards
10-26-2012, 09:26 PM
NYAX NIGHT IS POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

I just recieved a phone call that my father in law has taken a turn for the worse and that he was resuscitated this afternoon. As per his wishes, they will not do so again. I and the family are going to the hospital. PLEASE share this information with those who planned to attend this evening. Thank you.

So sorry to hear about your Father-n-Law. Thoughts and prayers go out for your family.

taylaria
10-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Thinking of you and yours. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

sgtfunkadelic
10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks to Atrian for bringin us up to speed upon arrival at Savareen and for the tour around the city. There's some pretty awesome deco talent living there :)

elf_fu
10-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Just got home. He is pale and weak, but hanging in there. No news bad or good to report. Going back to the hospital tomorrow. Thank you all so very much, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

weedie
10-27-2012, 09:58 PM
My thoughts are with you and yours. Please take care of yourself.

elf_fu
10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you Weedie!

Upon further reflection, due to the unstable family issues I am currently experiencing + 3 days left until October is over :( I have decided to cancel this event. Please help me spread the news about this by contacting any fellow players you know who were attending or wishing to attend. This is a personal disappointment, because I truly looked forward to holding another great event with the community and it was amazing seeing all of you gather together to help me make this a reality!

HUGE PERSONAL THANK YOU TO:
Kreen and Amber, the events staff for working with me all month to figure out everything.
Rumples, Lilon & Kairavi for the generous credit donations
Taylan for the swoop donations
Kiaryn for the amazing suits and clothing
Ryli for a STUPENDOUS amount of Nyax Night themed food which I have no idea how to repay you for please let me know omg that was awesome
Xanthya for the offer of free structure prizes & help in anyway
For everyone who sent me an email saying they were going to compete
And the community for being so supportive!

I will be issuing credit refunds A.S.A.P. Those of you who donated item prizes, please let me know how I can repay you for your time and effort.

Again, my sincere apologies Basilisk! I hope I can make it up to you in the future.