PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Player Events!

Kreen
07-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Hey guys!

As many of you may or may not know, being an Event Coordinator also entails being available for player-requested events. We've done this in the past primarily on a case-to-case basis, often starting with a forum message. What a lot of you don't know is that there's actually a form and process for this. So starting now, we'd like to officially and publicly announce that YES, we do player-requested events!

At the moment, this is limited to the Basilisk Server and not TC: Nova. At the top of this forum, you'll find a sticky of the request form that you can fill out and email to e (events@swgemu.com)[/EMAIL][EMAIL="events@swgemu.com"]vents@swgemu.com (kreen@swgemu.com) to request EC assistance at your event!

I'm going to leave this thread open as a discussion area for the topic. What sorts of things do you guys normally like to request at player events? Do you have questions about what we can do? This is the place to ask!

<3 The Event Coordinators

Laron
07-03-2012, 05:50 AM
first off, LOVE this

second, hmmm....well there's hack and slash, story driven, puzzle heavy, ic, ooc, party...as in throw a party, drink, dance, etc. so many types of events, and can mix and match

Kyotita
07-03-2012, 06:42 PM
got to say story driven is some of my favorite events from back in the day...someone actually creating a small saga for your characters to create their(your/the characters) memories in.

Cegati
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Let me ask this:

If there is an event of some sort that a player wishes to do, how far do you allow the event to go? Would it involve spawned NPCs / creatures? Can you CREATE creatures, control them directly?

I am essentially asking "Would this be similar to a DM event in a D&D game?" How far would you be able to take the event?

swglilithiel
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Can you puppet/play ventriloquist NPCs for player events, if there is a script for dialogue?

Kreen
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Can you puppet/play ventriloquist NPCs for player events, if there is a script for dialogue?

This is something I really want to be able to do in the future, but it's not implemented right now.

Especially for now, "what all we can do" is gonna change a lot as updates are made. For example, we have no way to buff in-game right now, but that should change soon! =)

Cegati, we can spawn creatures and NPCs, though forced dialogue isn't available yet. But we're able to take the event as far as we need! The only things we won't do are generating prizes/credits/badges for private events (event closed from the public).

Pegaso platoon
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Noted for future events i may do! Thanks Kreen

Rodd
07-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Hummmm interesting...

Xalik
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
player vs player plz

casvale
07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't know if anyone remembers the "Tusken Event" from Wayfar back in the early days of the original SWG, but that was a ton of fun. Basically there was a large Tusken camp located very close to Wayfar. It kept rapidly spawning really tough Tusken raiders. Players had setup siege camps with doctors and entertainers to help sustain the fight. It was a bug that resulted in the situation, but it was a ton of fun and for many of us was very memorable.

I know this occurred on Kauri, maybe not on all servers though. I think that something like that, or even with the Tuskens attempting to invade the town (once enough player characters are detected in the area) would be a ton of fun and very memorable.

Kreen
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't know if anyone remembers the "Tusken Event" from Wayfar back in the early days of the original SWG, but that was a ton of fun. Basically there was a large Tusken camp located very close to Wayfar. It kept rapidly spawning really tough Tusken raiders. Players had setup siege camps with doctors and entertainers to help sustain the fight. It was a bug that resulted in the situation, but it was a ton of fun and for many of us was very memorable.

I know this occurred on Kauri, maybe not on all servers though. I think that something like that, or even with the Tuskens attempting to invade the town (once enough player characters are detected in the area) would be a ton of fun and very memorable.

That wouldn't be too hard to implement actually. It'd be a script that started when enough players were in a town, probably with a long cooldown before it could be called again.

lifebykevin
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Cantina crawllllllll :d

Casus Belli
07-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I used to work with my buddy Pex doing the cantina crawls back in the day. miss those times hehe had great fun making the music vids lol.

Demarco
07-05-2012, 03:36 AM
I know the Last Dance pre-wipe party was a blast! I look forward to upcoming events for sure!

GoodOlTads
07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
server war.

elf_fu
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Hello Kreen!

Some of the player events I've really enjoyed over the years in SWG and in other games are/were:

Date Auctions
Beach Party
Lottery
The Nomad Market on SW:G
Concerts
Quick stage plays
Hour-two hour "bartender on duty" informal RP in Cantina
Watching Speeder races
Holiday Themed Parties
Balls/Dances/Formals

Stardusty
07-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Wow that sounds totally great Ameria'Rah. I just registered here because I used to play back in '04 up to the end of the servers and got interested in this emu, I'm happy to see there are active players on these servers I can't wait to get it downloaded. I remember all the costume contests and ball dances ; u ;

Darxun Xanos
07-09-2012, 12:44 AM
I always enjoyed the coordinated and large-scale entertainer musicals! Those were awesome!

Grimez
07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Anything Story/GCW driven would be great, but i'm up for anything.

Viviiii
07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Loved the old GCW that was started in Liberator where the public PVP events were hosted across multiple planets and cities on those planets it was Called Friday Fight Nights really enjoyed how many showed up. I love the one on one PVP and maybe running away when outnumbered by imperial special ops but there is nothing like getting a massive army for both sides and waging a war battle for a night and then the thought of knowing the war wasn't over more battles were coming, the structure/rules for the Friday fight night had potential! Especially with a maxed server population( would stress that multiple players per account be disabled temporarily for this just so if some were trying to get on server to enjoy the event they might not get the chance because everyone has 2 people on which would be sad)!

JohnSRice
07-13-2012, 11:28 PM
On the Old Corbantis we had an event where non-faction players could choose which faction they wanted to fight beside at wayfar. There were CSR buffers and healers there. That was a ball for veterans and noobs alike.

Helsbreth
07-15-2012, 12:23 PM

I remember something like this happening...
Just remember seeing something in global about it so i went to the town (cant remember which) and sure enough it was being attacked by tuskens and they were stupid tough, there were tons of player fighting them back cant remember how long it lasted. I think the tuskens had standard names but big ham and hit allot harder.
It was cool and i got a world event badge. i think they did another one with kraytes or it was the same one just finished with kraytes. its been too long.

rpratt3880
07-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I have to say that I am really happy to see this getting put in. during the last year and a half that the live servers were running, myself and a few of the folks I am playing with on here now put together and held large scale server parties during holiday times (GMF, Life Day, Empire Day / Rememberance Day) usually with a theme tying in to the holiday. because we had storyteller props, we could set up these large parties on Eclipse without having to get the devs involved - though for my first big server party we did have one of the devs and a couple of the senators to come out and enjoy the activities: haunted house deco contest, dueling and mass PvP arenas were set up, fishing contest, lotto house, costume contest and swoop races. there were lots of prizes for the winners and runners up (lot of collectable items and credits) as well as crafted trophies for each part of the event.

I would love to see some of that come in to play here, though I know thats a lot to even consider. I do like though that you guys would be able to come out and add some spice to events that players look to do. dueling / PvP events are always a hit, so being able to generate some kind of "arena" type area would be a great thing. like flagging off a particular spot where once players entered they flagged up.

if it were possible to set up a swoop track, that would be great too. even if folks had to locate their parties near that area, I dont think that they would complain. trying to set up a swoop race course just by sending out the wp's and getting people to sit on those points to make sure folks werent skipping spots is just too complicated and honestly takes the fun out of it.

kreen I would be really happy to sit down with you at some point and toss out some further ideas on this if you were available. one of the things that folks in my guild are already asking is when I am going to get back to hosting events lol, so this is a welcome post to see! :icon_ThumbsUp:

Kreen
07-15-2012, 08:05 PM
if it were possible to set up a swoop track, that would be great too. even if folks had to locate their parties near that area, I dont think that they would complain. trying to set up a swoop race course just by sending out the wp's and getting people to sit on those points to make sure folks werent skipping spots is just too complicated and honestly takes the fun out of it.

We do swoop races a bit differently here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMIt-BInZg

jj8926
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Just a question, if we have an event that's open to the public, would it be possible to get badges? Or are those restricted to the public events run by the events team? Just curious on that.

But I would love to see a hide and seek event, where you have to find someone based off certain clues.
I would also like to see more attack/defend events, such as the Tusken event already mentioned.

Kreen
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Just a question, if we have an event that's open to the public, would it be possible to get badges? Or are those restricted to the public events run by the events team? Just curious on that.

You can request it, yes, though we may suggest a different badge if we feel the one you're requesting isn't possible. (ex: You request everyone be given Master Ranger badges. We... won't do that haha)

Madatar
07-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Scaaavenger Hunt!

But seriously,

Scavenger Hunt.

jj8926
07-15-2012, 11:29 PM
You can request it, yes, though we may suggest a different badge if we feel the one you're requesting isn't possible. (ex: You request everyone be given Master Ranger badges. We... won't do that haha)

Haha thanks for the response. I mostly meant badges such as "Has participated in xyz."

Thanks for the response though, I'm sure it may help others with better ideas =P

Kreen
07-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Haha thanks for the response. I mostly meant badges such as "Has participated in xyz."

At this time, we can only award badges already in the game. No custom badges. Yet =)

robertckenney
07-16-2012, 12:01 AM
CSRs on Lowca set up 2 bases with 3 factional bases on each side facing each other... Was pretty fun.

Darxun Xanos
07-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Anything Story/GCW driven would be great, but i'm up for anything.

Loved the old GCW that was started in Liberator where the public PVP events were hosted across multiple planets and cities on those planets it was Called Friday Fight Nights really enjoyed how many showed up. I love the one on one PVP and maybe running away when outnumbered by imperial special ops but there is nothing like getting a massive army for both sides and waging a war battle for a night and then the thought of knowing the war wasn't over more battles were coming, the structure/rules for the Friday fight night had potential! Especially with a maxed server population( would stress that multiple players per account be disabled temporarily for this just so if some were trying to get on server to enjoy the event they might not get the chance because everyone has 2 people on which would be sad)!

I can't believe I didn't mention GCW events. Those were the most fun... ever! If it wasn't an open field battle with Stormtroopers, AT-ST & Darktroopers against Rebel soldiers then it was the Rebels causing an uprising in Bestine or in Theed! You get the players who were involved and they get TEF'd then you would eventually have a PvP fight in the midst of the spawned NPCs duking it out.

I have to say that I am really happy to see this getting put in. during the last year and a half that the live servers were running, myself and a few of the folks I am playing with on here now put together and held large scale server parties during holiday times (GMF, Life Day, Empire Day / Rememberance Day) usually with a theme tying in to the holiday. because we had storyteller props, we could set up these large parties on Eclipse without having to get the devs involved - though for my first big server party we did have one of the devs and a couple of the senators to come out and enjoy the activities: haunted house deco contest, dueling and mass PvP arenas were set up, fishing contest, lotto house, costume contest and swoop races. there were lots of prizes for the winners and runners up (lot of collectable items and credits) as well as crafted trophies for each part of the event.

I would love to see some of that come in to play here, though I know thats a lot to even consider. I do like though that you guys would be able to come out and add some spice to events that players look to do. dueling / PvP events are always a hit, so being able to generate some kind of "arena" type area would be a great thing. like flagging off a particular spot where once players entered they flagged up.

kreen I would be really happy to sit down with you at some point and toss out some further ideas on this if you were available. one of the things that folks in my guild are already asking is when I am going to get back to hosting events lol, so this is a welcome post to see! :icon_ThumbsUp:

^^^ This.

Empire Day events were fun. I'd like to see a Parade with the Emperor and a buttton of Stormtroopers marching through Theed. That'd be cool! Lol.

snoops04
07-16-2012, 12:41 AM
CSRs on Lowca set up 2 bases with 3 factional bases on each side facing each other... Was pretty fun.

That was an epic battle

rpratt3880
07-19-2012, 01:45 AM

lol ah yes the versatile stage prop :) every event planners best friend

this is a cap from my last ED / RD event on live. it was my biggest "build" using stage props yet:

http://gauntlgrym.com/ed_rd_event/screenShot1780.jpg

3 days...more than 300 stages to create a wrap around platform with a tunnel in front of a large naboo house to allow players to stand on the walk way outside and watch the pet duels that were held on the large platform. this was for my last ED / RD event on Eclipse. we should compare notes sometime Kreen :)

Sajun
07-19-2012, 03:19 AM
I miss Pex!

rpratt3880
07-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Pex was BMOC when it came to events. met him for a quick minute during the end of game event I held on Eclipse. when I started doing events, one of the folks who offered their help in working the day of suggested I read back in the forums and elsewhere on some of the events Pex had done. gave me a lot of inspiration for some of the crazy set ups I made lol. Drakk as well - he was always a big supporter in people doing events on Eclipse since he played there (even after he left SOE). our last GMF event he donated several million credits for prize money, which was really cool.

Cegati
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Sent in my first player event request. Whee. This might be fun.

walkingbush
07-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?

Kreen
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?

The only boundaries are the actual limits of what is coded into the game. To answer your questions, I cannot create custom factions, but eventually I should get TEFs working (possibly even group TEFs).

You will organize everything about your event, including objectives, rules of engagement, etc. The Event Coordinators will enforce those objectives. For example, if the event randomly picks a player as the "target" for others to kill, the ECs will broadcast a message regarding the target and TEF them to make them attackable. However, keep in mind that we can veto any aspect of your event, so keep it reasonable!

Props are placed by the Event Coordinator, since you will not be given any admin permissions for the event. You will work very closely with us, and we'll likely be grouped with you for the duration of the event. For most all events, there's usually a practice or dry-run before the event date so we can show you what props we can use, what the set up will be like, and how it will logistically work. It's at this dry run that you will see your event unfold and be able to make changes/additions.

Hope that helps!

Kreen
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Just a quick update! Thanks to Kellina, we have a new ticketing system to handle player event requests! If you've ever submitted an SWGEmu Support ticket, it's the same thing. All you have to do now is email your request to events@swgemu.com instead of my personal email. All of our talks/screenshots/examples/etc will happen on that ticket!

rojo8401
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
On Kettemoor we used to put on staged murder mysteries with clues and whatnot and a reward for bring the murderer to justice.

"The wookie in the study with a CDEF pistol!"

At any rate, very happy to see this being offered.

Sajun
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Kreen = new Pex?

/superexcited

Sajun
07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
On Kettemoor we used to put on staged murder mysteries with clues and whatnot and a reward for bring the murderer to justice.

"The wookie in the study with a CDEF pistol!"

At any rate, very happy to see this being offered.

Oh my gosh that'd be so awesome if we had events like that on here. =)

cly
07-29-2012, 08:23 AM
I loved stand up comedy nights, they were some of the best events I went to. Concerts and stage plays, the occasional wedding - good times.

CatLadyMeow
07-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I want a swoop race! I have been wanting to host another party, but that swoop race looked like a great amount of fun! What planet was that on? I am so gonna send in a request!

gildnera
08-05-2012, 08:07 AM
once implemented there could be giant public weddings

mediaflare
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
would some of these events be as simple as 'rebels fight imperials on this planet at this time' sort of stuff also?

HatteC8
08-08-2012, 01:00 AM
What if you did one one endor involving the enemies at Death Watch? You know, one where people would have to inflitrate the base there, set up camps, etc. And possibly add a few new enemies. I know there's battle droids in there, and i heard mandalorians too, but that would be an awesome event right there!

McTriad
08-12-2012, 01:57 AM
On radiant we held the Rori Rumble at the old Battle ground Sight...my home town Edge Noir was the Emp town/ host and the rebs had a town on the other side of the BG. Friday nights was the big PVP fight.. lots of fun. Oh and faction base atacks were lots of fun too. I don't Know how hard it would be for an event planer to set two different faction bases down... Every faction base i ever saw on SOE always had a recruiter npc as part of its npc spawn.

Arawei
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi yall

Sell Sword Pirates will be conducting a strike against the Imperial Weapons Facility on Naboo. (SW corner of the map, sorry no coordinates) Any and all Rebels are encouraged to join in this as we aim to cripple their offenses. Please contact one of us or just arrive at the arranged time to help and gain the "treasures" they have hidden among them.

When? September 1st
Where? Naboo SW corner of map, Imperial Weapons Facility
Who? ALL Rebels wishing to gain faction and loot.
Time? Night raid, 11PM Estn, 10 Cntrl, pacific...heck can't keep up with the difference. lol
Contacts? Steven, Arawei, Tojo

<COMM Alert issued> Assassination Protocols active for the following: Imperial Weapons Facility, Naboo. Targets are to be eliminated and weapons recovered. .....<End transmission>

OOC...Hope to see the late owls there and fingers crossed server stays up too. =) Yall have a fun and safe Holiday weekend, from Sell Sword Pirates!

Pegaso platoon
09-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Sent you an email Kreen about a pvp event

thepotwizard
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I'd love to see storyline involving major characters of Star Wars played by Game Masters.

elf_fu
09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I have a random question for event coordinators, if an event is held in a player building (such as city hall, Cantina, home, etc) is the item limit still in effect for SWGEmu Event Coordinators? Or do you get to bypass that? :) Thank you in advance!

Kreen
09-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Our props are completely separate from the item limit

Sillysith
09-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Can you post an official event for the 10/14/12 Naboo Cantina Crawl? I believe it will be October 14th.

I am stocking my npc vendor (you will need to softlog to see it) with purple/black outfits (Cantina Crawl Theme colors) in Spirit Bay's Call of the Siren Cantina (/way -1491, 6859 Naboo).

Stop by soon! Looking forward to the event!

http://www.ts-guild.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3353.0;attach=1491 ;image

LordWyrm
09-17-2012, 07:01 AM
I'd love to see storyline involving major characters of Star Wars played by Game Masters.

I really like that idea, I played eve online till recently and the devs there used to take ships out and challenge large fleets to OMGWTFBBQPWN, it's really nice to see devs getting involved on a gaming level, something SOE would never have done, all hail SWGEmu!!

thexman68
09-17-2012, 01:14 PM
with as much work as the devs put it, they should have a chance to enjoy themselvs. I recall some of my best memories of UO was when the dev's set up an ingame event and showed up as a litchlord or something super powerful, the entire city had to fight them off - it was a lot of fun!

Kreen
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Any update on the Cantina Crawl event?

Not sure what you're referring to

darkjedi3
09-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah lets see some events where major characters walk through some major cities for fun!! Like Darth Vader walking through Mos Eisley with a bunch of storm troopers following him...

That would be awesome.

SweetPea
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Okay first off... excellent ideas, comments, and ambitions for these events! Secondly, I don't normally drink alcohol anymore however today I had to cook 3 different major meals at home and one of my newest recipes from Pioneer woman was a Mango margarita which I'm nursing sip by sip so forgive my "hiccup" oops! ....as I was saying, please I ask forgiveness for my less than clear mind. However due to this "looseness" I have thought of an event that I'm not sure you all could pull off yet..nor am I sure it's a great idea due to my current state of mind. Okay. here goes....

I played a game (LOTRO) soon after I quit NGE that had the ability to actually visit all the PUBs they listed to collect certain ales. Well one had to drink each of these collected beauties and soon after maybe the third Pub you went all over the world to visit and collect the certain ale that was listed, you began to really falter at targeting anything accurately. MEANING: You went to your mount (horse) and it was wonky moving to the left and to the right and was a challenge to even click on your horse to mount it. OR: You reached for an ale inside the PUB you were at and it (the pint of ale) kept movin' up and down, left n right until you finally got it. TRUST ME, IT WAS HILARIOUS! Well by the end of this mission it was, hang on a sec.... *SIP, SIP, SIP* ahhhhh......as I was saying *hiccup* by the end it was LOL hilarious to even see your next targeted objective. At the end IF you completed the list of Pubs, you won a wonderful huge wooden Keg that you could display in your house or guildhall which also acted as a warp to certain areas of the map in zhe game...*BURP* oh I do ask your forgiveness!

Soooo...

I think it'd be super duper me loopered fun to do this with a reward at the end that would be a unique decor item in the game at the very least, of course porting to another specific Cantina would be fun too! Again, not sure.. excuse me a sec.... *SLURP*... not sure if this would be a possibility but if it is, I'd love to have this event sponsored at the Happy Hiccup in Mountain's Edge, Talus on the Nova TC but maybe incorporate actual kill missions or a list of cantina's to visit across the galaxy to drink and collect certain objects. Sort of a modern futuristic treasure hunt. Or maybe not allow people to do a certain act due to their horrific hangover? I dunno. About our city: We have a frog due to a citizen who brought one, a pretty stocked mall, a fully decorated Cantina called zha Happy Hoccip.. no wait... that is The Hippy Haccup..no wait... H-A-P-P-Y H-I-C-C-U-p! yeah that's it...but again, I'm not sure of the possiblilities of this "Double-visioned" effect as you collect certain items from either missions or NPCs nor of a reward that could be considered a nice decor item that either warps you or doesn't :P

Please let me know if I even should bother filling out your magnificent.... excuse me a sec...*GUZZLE*... ohhhh...wow... Let me kno if I should fill out your form. :S Tanks! OH AFTERTHOUGHT! I fergot... there was a timer on the mission to collect the specific ales in LOTRO which made targeting your horse and getting to the next PUB extra challenging and if you ask me... spacial... hehe *throw-up in mouth* oh... dear! No more ever again! I promise!

SweetPea
09-22-2012, 12:17 AM
PEE ESS: I suggest NOVA cuz I don't have anything set up on Bas...however I give freely to whateve ryoual l think isbe st. UGH. okay my fingers are finally staggering.... I rally don't dirnk much at all and me thinks that's a GOOD think!\

Btw, if anyone needs the recipes for: Chicken picata (lemon/capers), Mexican Shrimp, Lobster bisque, and lemon-lime cheescake... oh and mango margaritas, ujust lemme kno buddy...pal... awww you're sooo awesum... No really.. yur the gr8test!!! all fo you!*touches nose with finger then slams head down onto desk top* ZZZzzzzzz....... ZZzzzzzzz.... *lifts head suddenly* huh? wha? OH!

btw, I have made some beferages one of which is called unkie dinkies private reservation... for those week long blackouts... but you can make up your own i suppose!

Kreen
09-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Haha well, I hate to burst your bubble but that sounds pretty complicated and out of our hands. We may be able to do the logistics of it one day with scripted events, but as far as making your character "drunk"? I don't even know if that's possible with the client.

Sillysith
09-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Not sure what you're referring to

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54495

huskysebas
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Lets make a party!!!!

retto
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
i heard you can get drunk in WOW ....

Kodo186
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
i heard you can get drunk in WOW ....

Funny enough you can. It even makes your screen look all fuzzy like you're drunk. Me and my guild use to get drunk then try to kill stuff. Fun Times...

susanmarblesoft
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM

I just watched this video, what a great idea LOL

Sajun
11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Omg that video was awesome! Can't believe I missed that. =(

Reminded me of that one track from Episode 1 Racer. The second special circuit track that you unlock, the Abyss it was called. Still have my dreamcast hooked up, gonna win that race someday!

Superjebus
11-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Footage From Last Night's Player Event

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxMieiztTI
This video has been removed by the user.

Canatar
11-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Footage From Last Night's Player Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_COmbDE1U

Bonowhemm Oplo
11-11-2012, 08:35 AM
I would like to see battles over citys (not the nge version). The team could help by spawning CTF-style markers for the attacking side to capture.

Tyrath
12-06-2012, 04:57 PM
you can get drunk IN EQ its even a skill

elnitano
01-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Seeing threads like this http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71563

Should perhaps make an idea of the good ol' SWG Showroom Contest :)

At least would inspire some peoples to make their houses worth their hard earned credits they spend on maintenance :)

Sauska
01-10-2013, 09:48 AM

At least would inspire some peoples to make their houses worth their hard earned credits they spend on maintenance :)

I fully support that idea!!!

It may also be fun to organize pageants, we used to do that in my old guild. Pick a theme and reward the best custome :)

Kreen
01-12-2013, 02:20 AM

Definitely a good idea! It's been a while since we last had a decorating contest!

Shadow62x
02-12-2013, 05:34 AM
Sounds good.

Bog-a REDRUM
02-27-2013, 11:02 PM
As we all know every one says there town is better than the next town so why not have town grudge matches where your mayor can vote for which town they would like to battle. Winner gets bragging rights.

Bog-a REDRUM
02-27-2013, 11:03 PM
town grudge matches. Cuz my town is better than your town so there.

rylet
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
This is great :D I can't wait to participate in an event!!

Foxly
03-30-2013, 12:51 PM
In the past I very much enjoyed the swoop races set in specific locations like certain cities and POI's.

I also liked the event NPC purchases one could make back in the day. Those added a little fun to player events. The jukebox was an especially cool purchase and it looked great as a prop for events like our player city cantina when everyone was getting buffed for a big player-staged PvP event on Dantooine.

Also, I used to host funny little events, some of which were official. I hosted a fashion show first, which involved only 4-socket exceptional looking clothing that were most useful to all classes with ca's already attached and ready to go. So like a very high or max stat extention piece of clothing for wound treatment or for various experimentation types. The bids were really high. We had an auctioneer announcing and taking bids (bank tip only to track) starting with a minimum bid. It involved being a Tailor and knowing a lot of people with the best stuff to invite into the event and staging it at a time/date when the server was very busy and everyone would be available to be there. At any rate, an auctioneer would be expected to write down what sold for how much and who the money goes to and they would be able to hold funds and turn them over to the vendors. Coordinate a LOT of clothing and spam at major cities for a week that it is taking place so people can save up enough cash for these expensive pieces. Not everyone will have enough on hand. The venue was the Grand Theatre on Vreni Island POI, which is a performance venue with a stage. You can enlist your favorite entertainers and get a master image designer to help coordinate the theme for the event. Get a jukebox if and when they are available and set the song to something elegant! If not, get your best musician in there and put on a nice show opener. Someone, probably the organizer, will need to play majordomo and announce the event. It is okay to bring in a temporary noob character as Auctioneer for the event. It would be fun to see them in a tux.

Additionally, there were the jedi tournaments on Bria. These were officially staged and Vader as well as Mara Jade would make appearances. It was very exciting! I worked really hard to get people there and posted screenies online ^_^. They were invited for various in game reasons, to preside over the occasions in the darker, more difficult to get to tournament locations such as the Temple of the Blueleaf on Yavin IV. All this involves is mailing and sending a /tell to the Jedi you know first to gather interest and see if they would do something like this event. Then once you have a few, especially prominent Jedi, invite the Jedi you don't know very well and inform everyone a date and time is pending since you're contacting the GM's to officiate the event. Once that's done, write your most prominent Jedi first with a date/time when people are most commonly online like a Friday evening and see if that is good for them. Once a date and time has been pinned down, inform the GM coordinating with you. When they consent to assist on that date/time specifically, contact all the participants by mail so they don't forget informing of the date and time confirmation and set down the rules: a) buffs will be of equal stats b) in some tournament events holocrons will be allowed, in some they will not c) there is an unbuffed tournament event to start so arrive unbuffed and our doctors/ents will see to you after. Some locations have a lot of mobs around. Blueleaf had all these klikniks. The participants will be prepared to fight them. Pay a couple master doctors to attend to the Jedi only at the event for 2 hours or so and buy them multi-packs of the **same level** buffs-this is important. Lots of wound packs and stims will be needed, Docs. Pay a couple of master ents to buff at the event, they will also receive tips. Give the ents and docs lots of notice and make sure they can be there at that date and time or it will all go catastrophically wrong. Since these are people you'll probably play with during your usual game time anyway, it is not often that will happen. Make sure they are aware that it will last at least 2 hours and that they can remain for the duration. Come up with some fun ideas for rounds or bouts, it is a tourney or like a twisted pageantry. You'll possibly even be able to negotiate display props you normally wouldn't get. I was allowed to place a Jukebox, which was awesome given the mood music for a location like Blueleaf. In the end, so many showed up just to watch there was scarcely enough room. The GM's were more like door security, having a couple in the crowd ensuring people didn't do stuff to spoil the fun for everyone. The Jedi really got to duke it out against each other and test their skills. They also were tested by the best melee classes, some of the ******* on our server that could take Jedi solo. It was pretty damn cool. I hosted one on the roof of my mansion on Tatooine, too. PRIZES: Prizes should be equivalent to the contest. For the first round of unbuffed fighting, it was not for any prize [give em some credits cash!]. That was a fun spectacle or just an opener. I played at majordomo or got other more prominent players to announce events (not participants) as each round started or would be started. Then I coordinated where participants need to stand and when they should be ready by and told the announcer when buf***e was nearly done for participants. The second prize was a light or dark side holocron of exceptional quality. The third would be a pristine krayt dragon pearl. If you don't have these laying around, ask for donations before the event. I did and I got everything. Even 3 pearls of 3 qualities. 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Plus lots of credits with each prize! The grand prize was an AV-21.
You have a lot of freedom to provide prizes. What would be EXTRA AWESOME is that they get a badge for winning the tournament, but it's up to the Devs to allow player event badges. At the very least, winners should put it in their bio. It would be super cool if an Artisan or Architect built a display trophy for each level of winner.

Event location ideas for Jedi (when we get them) or other combat events: Temple of Exar Kun? Light Jedi Enclave or High Hall of the Dark Jedi Enclave. The Blueleaf Temple is so darn cool, I recommend it for any combat related tourney. It's in the middle of nowhere, so dying is a good way to get home quickly.

In the old days, Pex was a major helper in making it happen. When you're not sure about how to coordinate something big, don't let the complexity of your dream get in the way. Help is at hand here.

Drachenfire
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to know for sure.

A few of us were interested in using a few static buildings as the setting for a player event, and to make it perfect a few minor modifications would need to be made with the placement of a few furniture pieces. Primarily, in the Naboo capital building the table on the center dias is too large. When player sit at it, the table comes to their chest and the players then look like children. This is also true for one of the two ... meetings rooms in Theed Palace before the central stair. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to change out those tables for the smaller table of the same style? Also, if we were to host a ball in Theed Palace if we could decorate it in a more festive fashion?

I am hoping we can do it but am not sure.

brandnew
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to know for sure.

A few of us were interested in using a few static buildings as the setting for a player event, and to make it perfect a few minor modifications would need to be made with the placement of a few furniture pieces. Primarily, in the Naboo capital building the table on the center dias is too large. When player sit at it, the table comes to their chest and the players then look like children. This is also true for one of the two ... meetings rooms in Theed Palace before the central stair. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to change out those tables for the smaller table of the same style? Also, if we were to host a ball in Theed Palace if we could decorate it in a more festive fashion?

I am hoping we can do it but am not sure.

csr can do this. i witnessed it.

Drachenfire
03-30-2013, 01:10 PM
csr can do this. i witnessed it.

Really!?!!! Exciting news indeed! Here in Emu?

brandnew
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
yes at the entertainer conference furniture has been move down to have view over the table.
(it was placed by staff, and im sure any item able to target can be moved)

Drachenfire
03-30-2013, 01:25 PM
wow, then this is great news!!! Looks like a Spring Ball in Theed Palace is on the horizon! Amongst a few other events! Need to check my calender now!

jonel82
07-20-2013, 05:19 AM
I would really like to see an event that has something to do with the major players in the Star Wars universe. Possibly Vader, Luke, Leah, Han, whoever requesting certain members or factions or ranking officers be part of a specific battle or requireing assistance from your charicter or several players assistenc in acomplishing a goal.