05/18/2014
The SWGEmu Development Division

Publish 5: Pets and Race Tracks

System

Improved server stability
POI/Cave/World - Added spawns to the following locations:

Corellia: Lord Nyax Cult (outside), Rebel vs. Imperial minor poi, Research Camp
Endor:Ewok Lake Village, Korga Cave, Dulok Village
Naboo: Emperor's Retreat, Gungan Sacred Place, Mauler Stronghold (inside), Theed
Tatooine: Tusken King quest area (no quest yet, just spawns)
Fixed and/or added a few no build zones
Open Magseal containers will now relock on occasion
Magseal containers should no longer double spawn loot
Adjusted respawn timer on many static spawns
Creatures/NPCs

Babies now spawn in the wild with varying rarities
Many common npcs will now have random names
Fixed stats and/or tamability on several creatures
Lairs should spawn on cliff sides less frequently
Lairs should no longer spawn quite as close to one another
Some lairs now have a chance to spawn a boss (just a few, more will come later)
Items/Loot

Increased junk dealer payouts (newly looted items only)
Adjusted loot and loot chances on all Dathomir NPCs
Added clothing as possible loot from most NPCs
Several weapons that were not dropping as loot before are now able to
More varieties of armor can now be found in loot
Newly looted armors can now be sold to junk dealers
Many more types of items can now be found inside locked containers
Locked containers will now indicate if they are slicable or not when examined
Loot with negative value stats will no longer be worse from higher level mobs than from lower ones
Adjusted the possible stat ranges on Nightsister Armor Shards
Missions

Grouped missions now have increased payouts
Missions with npc targets no longer use the same titles/descriptions as creature missions
Theme Parks/Quests/Dungeon

Added the Theed Palace Librarian with trivia quiz
Added Singular Nak quest
Fixed return waypoint for Han Solo in the rebel themepark
Added Nitra Vendallan quest
Added Lareen Dantara quest
Added Aaph Koden quest
Added Kathikiis Ruwahurr quest
Added conversations to 3 NPCs in the Geonosian Bio-Lab
Combat

melee toughness skill mods now only apply vs. melee attacks
Destroying a lair should now grant experience
It should now be possible to swap weapons with a full inventory
There is now a small chance to successfully /stand while dizzy
Weapons without a powerup will no longer artificially cap their speed at 1.0
Weapon powerups should now always adjust weapon stats as expected
GCW

Faction pets can now be purchased
Fixed some recruiter conversations
Professions

Architect:

Harvesters should no longer shut off prematurely
Harvesters should now shut off properly when the hopper is full
Harvesters resource selection screens will no longer list twice (or at all) resource spawns that have expired
Artisan:

The contents of creature habitats can now be released
Resource spawns that have expired can no longer continue to be surveyed and/or sampled for a time
Bio-Engineer:

Pet stimpacks and vitality packs can now be crafted and are functional
Bounty Hunter:

An arakyd droid can now only be launched once
Bounty hunter mission fail messages are now sent to the mission owner rather than the one who kills the target
Bounty mission targets spawning on a planet other than the hunter's current planet should no longer spawn in water or buildings
Brawler:

/setintimidate and /setwarcry now function
Combat Medic:

Willpower area B disease packs now affect willpower instead of strength
Area heals will now also heal yourself (if you are in the area)
Adjusted the amount healed by /healmind
/healmind can no longer be used on duel or guild war opponents
Creature Handler:

The taming of babies is now functional. See pet section for more details on what pet functionality is currently working. *Note: Bio-engineered pet deeds are still non-functional.
Doctor:

Area cures will now also heal yourself (if you are in the area)
/healenhance and /healstate will now automatically choose an attribute/state if one is not specified
Droid Engineer:

Droid Deeds can now be crafted
Droids can now be generated from deeds - see pet section for more details on what pet functionality is working. *Special Note: droid modules are not yet functional
Droid Repair kits and droid reconstruction kits can now be crafted and now function
Droid customization kits can now be crafted and now function
Fixed several schematics so they are now craftable and/or require the correct ingredients
Entertainer:

Band flourishes can once again be used by any group member
Image Designer:

Holo-emotes are now functional
Marksman:

Fixed action shot 1 bleed
You will now most likely fall down if you attempt to /takecover while dizzy
Medic:

/tendwound should now cause the correct number of focus/willpower wounds
Merchant:

Vendor ad barking messages can now be up to 128 characters long
Shop signs can now be changed
NPC vendor appearance is now much more random
Access fees may now be placed on a structure by any admin with the correct skill rather than only by the owner
Access fees may no longer be set at more than 50,000 credits
Vendor item limit skill mod is now a total limit across all vendors rather than a per vendor limit
The contents of containers placed on vendors will now count towards a player's item limit. *Special note: all currently listed items will not be tallied correctly. To fix, withdraw and re-list your sales
Fixed a bug that would cause items on vendors to delete themselves under certain circumstances
Vendors in a structure that is destroyed will now properly be destroyed as well rather than ending up in the void
A merchant with vendors stuck in the void can now create new vendors (the missing vendors will be deleted when you start creating a new one)
Musician:

The /bandflourish argument for chidinkalu horns is now "chidinkalu" rather than "flutedroopy"
Politician:

Added additional rules to validation of player city names
City wide emails can now be sent by mayors to their citizens
Scout/Ranger:

Fixed ingredients required to craft Lok camo kit
You will now receive a system message when entering/exiting your own camp
Harvesting creatures inside interior locations now only yields 1 unit of resource
Using /destroystructure on a camp will no longer leave the no-build active area behind
Shipwright:

Fixed a few schematics
Smuggler:

Mission terminals now have a slice radial menu option
Swordsman:

Fixed damage multiplier on Two Handed Area 3 attack
Tailor:

Fixed ingredients for Droidsmith's Toolkit
Fixed the grand ball gown so it will craft with sockets
Teras Kasi Artist:

Increased the duration of the dizzy effect from the unarmed dizzy 1 attack
Pets - The following is the current state of pets:

A non-Creature Handler can have two creature pets stored in their datapad and can have one non-aggressive pet active (max CL 10) at a time
A Creature Handler can store and control creature pets according to their current skill mods
A player can have up to five droids stored in their datapad and one active at a time
A player can have up to three faction pets stored and three active at a time
It should be impossible to trade a pet to someone who cannot control it (or if they are at their max number stored)
Pets can be called/stored in public buildings or outdoors
Droids require power to operate and can be recharged with droid batteries or power droids
Pets can be trained commands
The following commands are currently functional: follow, stay, store, follow other, group, recharge other (power droid only), trick1, trick2, transfer, attack (pets can only attack players for now)
Pets can be named
/tellpet is functional
Tamed babies will grow over time
Pet growth can be arrested if it will grow too large to be trained as a mount
Eligible pets can be trained as a mount
/gallop and /gallopstop are functional
Mounts will slow down when in combat (unless galloping)
Basic attacks can be done while mounted and not galloping (though a mount cannot attack while it has a rider)
Pets can be fed and will be buffed by pet restricted buff food
/emboldenpets and /enragepets are functional
Certain emotes when used with your pet as a target will elicit a reaction
Creature and droid pets will lose vitality upon death (Faction pets die permanently)
Pet owners have an "incapacitation recovery" radial menu option to revive incapacitated pets
Player

You can now equip 2 rings (and anything else that should have more than one possible slot)
When boarding a shuttle, any active pets or vehicles will be stored
The following wearable skill mods are now disabled: medicine use, combat medicine use, additional pets, stored pets, creature taming bonus, Combat medicine effectiveness
Added a potential fix for certain characters' filling not reducing. If you have a character in this state, please log it on, wait 1/2 an hour, and let us know if your filling went down
A player is now limited to 3 vehicles stored in their datapad at once
A player must now be close to a shuttle to board it
/findfriend now only requires that you be the target's friend
You should no longer be able to overload your inventory when retrieving filled containers from a vendor/bazaar
You can no longer /addignore yourself
Ignoring a player will now block duel requests, trade requests, group invitations, planet chat, and auction chat from the ignored player
It should no longer be possible to trade no-trade items by putting them inside a container and trading the container
Shuttle ticket prices should now always display properly
Guild/Group

Guild halls no longer need to be redeeded to recreate a guild (not retroactive)
Guild leaders can no longer be kicked from or leave a guild (temporary until guild elections are implemented)
Misc

Added the following race tracks: Agrilat Swamp, Keren City, Mos Espa, Narmle Memorial Rally, Lok Marathon, and Nashal River Race
Added galaxy-wide auction chat channel (/auction or /auctionsay)
/planet will now send chat to planet chat channel
/movefurniture and /rotatefurniture no longer work on players or pets
Many admin commands have been implemented/improved to better allow QA/CS personnel to enforce rules and diagnose problems
Added 100 million credit limit to housing maintenance and city treasuries
Fixed issue causing pholokite extrusive ore to only ever spawn on Lok
Using /waypoint will create a waypoint at the location of your target if no location is specified
When logging in you now should only see friend's list messages for online friends
Friend's list offline messages should no longer be sent each time a player is loaded from the database
Staff characters will now have their tag displayed when chatting in any channel or via tells instead of just in spatial

*A special thanks to Ivojedi for putting the list together

~ The SWGEmu Development Division

Lotok
05-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Nice one, nice to play with pets again. Shame about the shuttle fix though, can we swap that for commando CA's? ;-)
Big thanks to devs, good work.

Vlada
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/2Lambs/Eblogger%20Pictures/WooHooLamb.gif

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice one :DHow you managed to read that in one minute beats me :p

sgtfunkadelic
05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Good stuff! :)

Lord Kohan
05-18-2014, 10:34 AM
4th .. 10chars

risenangel
05-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Nice. Front page.

dobow
Woot so ready for this one! :)

Kodo186
Its great to see everything you guys have done! Good Job!!

Lotok
05-18-2014, 10:40 AM
How you managed to read that in one minute beats me :p

haha scanned it, then went back for a slow read.

KloudStryfe
05-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Some great stuff in there, keep it up folks!! One step closer :)

Goparu
05-18-2014, 10:41 AM
sweeeeeeeet

VE_Strange
05-18-2014, 10:41 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/2Lambs/Eblogger%20Pictures/WooHooLamb.gif

What he said.

Seriously... Cant wait to get in and check it all out!

Question:
•Fixed ingredients required to craft Lok camo kit

Does this mean camo is ingame now and functioning?

Xenoforge78
05-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Awww yes. Great work guys, plenty of subtle changes and additions that I love.

"melee toughness skill mods now only apply vs. melee attacks"

Ouch!

HungSoLoh
05-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Village? Jedi? Nym's? Aren't these on Nova?

VE_Strange
05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
•Added clothing as possible loot from most NPCs

Does this mean we will be seeing clothing with mods on them drop?

Ahreel
Amazing.... just amazing. Thanks for all your efforts

Gaje
Great publish, many thanks to all staff and persons who contributed

Eternal Primate
05-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Looks like some great additions, medical droids live then? Nothing like rezzing a friend mid fight and rebuffing :)

yooh
05-18-2014, 10:57 AM
So we'll be able to tame pets and they will grow but it will be impossible to get CH skills because we can't get XP due to pets being unable to attack, right?

Or am i missing something?

Ivojedi
05-18-2014, 11:00 AM
•Added clothing as possible loot from most NPCs

Does this mean we will be seeing clothing with mods on them drop?

yes.

So we'll be able to tame pets and they will grow but it will be impossible to get CH skills because we can't get XP due to pets being unable to attack, right?

Or am i missing something?

You get xp from taming and from training your pets commands.

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Looks like some great additions, medical droids live then? Nothing like rezzing a friend mid fight and rebuffing :)Don't think thats possible yet

Or am i missing something?You get XP from training pets and by taming them.

Yorrick
05-18-2014, 11:02 AM
I believe camo wont be working till the AI is done. Oh yeah and wonderful job dev team, we love you!

ultimAvalon
05-18-2014, 11:04 AM
You guys inspire us, fantastic work i wish i could learn programming to help you guys!!! good going, is there plan or program about what is being developed / fixed in the future? (e.g JTL exp or Jedi quest lines etc?) i understand that the game will have to first be brought to a point where all proffs are functioning properly to move next but it would be nice to know where we stand :)
Again well done on a fantastic work!!!!

Opiam
05-18-2014, 11:09 AM
I have had so much fun on Nova with CH, even in its current state. Thanks for all the work you folks have put in bringing this to us. You guys & gals are *******.

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:12 AM
You guys inspire us, fantastic work i wish i could learn programming to help you guys!!! good going, is there plan or program about what is being developed / fixed in the future? (e.g JTL exp or Jedi quest lines etc?) i understand that the game will have to first be brought to a point where all proffs are functioning properly to move next but it would be nice to know where we stand :)
Again well done on a fantastic work!!!!

On the weekly update (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131315) you will see the next publish checklist (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16uG3AJudRJ6OYJWonxXc3RlV9-VrLMCBmBhaRpif5vw/edit?usp=sharing) and also the SWGEmu roadmaps (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12GN4Y219FQ9OPpG1HkxER7KBEFy8wDtlsmCAZprnX6w/edit).

Firzen
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Pets which can't attack other animals? So how do we grind the CH now?

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Pets which can't attack other animals? So how do we grind the CH now?That have been answered in this thread a few post above yours

Folky
05-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks to all those that work so hard on this, giving your free time so we can enjoy it in ours =D

Firzen
05-18-2014, 11:22 AM
That have been answered in this thread a few post above yours
Got it, thank you.
Well I see...so it looks like a really really hard grind...

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Got it, thank you.
Well I see...so it looks like a really really hard grind...Well, the dev working on the AI have an even harder grind ;)

Omens
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
So much good work !!
congratz guys and Ty

nilelivesey
05-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Awesome! Great work to everyone involved who made this possible!

sorca12
05-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Pets, bla, bla, bla.
Nice .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mnYv1pAw0

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, that video is not correct. Jedi?

igbert
05-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Since this is the first pub release since i play on the emu: how long (roughly!) will the process of updating the server be? a few hours? a day? or maybe two? a week? i really dont have a clue, so forgive me my question about it

and thanks for the pub :)

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Since this is the first pub release since i play on the emu: how long (roughly!) will the process of updating the server be? a few hours? a day? or maybe two? a week? i really dont have a clue, so forgive me my question about it

and thanks for the pub :)If I where to give you a time frame, It would just be a guess on my part. Its the reason we say no ETA.

SaulWynne
05-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks for creating SWGEMU and all your hard work - this is the best patch - I had not realized how much I missed SWG.
CH and BE are just my ideal proffs, I am having a great time playing again and this patch is the Icing on top :)

hawkeflite
05-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Great Work Devs
I was a NGE player and i am really getting into the emu now and really enjoying it.
Thanks for all the hard work.

1 question, in the far far future when this is complete, will Basilisk remain running?

igbert
05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Great Work Devs
I was a NGE player and i am really getting into the emu now and really enjoying it.
Thanks for all the hard work.

1 question, in the far far future when this is complete, will Basilisk remain running?

It was stated that it will be reset with 1.0 ... so complete charwipe

bluree
05-18-2014, 12:51 PM
progress :)

scifiguy
05-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Awesome, can't wait to have pets again! Great work, thank you!!

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Great Job all! I can only imagine how hard you've all worked to get this list of fixes and implements done! Thanks for that.

I truly do not mean to sound ungrateful by asking the following, so please do not take it as any sort of disappointment on my part. I was wondering if the bug for being able to log back on to Nova has been fixed yet? Currently anyone who had been away for a long period of time, then tries to log on via the Launchpad ENHANCED will be locked out of the TC Nova server. Even if they have re-installed the games current Launchpad they cannot get to play on Nova. I have tried to get around this bug by creating a new character on Nova, however the next log in I am faced with no avatars. So was wondering if there is any update or news as to whether or not this is being looked at?

Lastly, for about 6+ (2008ish) years involved with the EMU project as a player/tester, all I'd ever heard from other players is how much they cannot wait for Bio-Engineer to be working again. They would convey the same nostalgic lament of missing the profession profusely as I, myself has held. So if I am honest, I do feel a tinge of saddness and neglect that BE has again been sorely overlooked when it comes to animal stats and functions. Can anyone tell us an approximate timeline of when the stats of a DNA sample can be crafted into a workable statted pet please? I'm sure I'm not the only BE fan who has been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for this profession to see some remarkable TLC. I understand it may be difficult to program or code, so I'll just keep on keeping on, but it would be very kind of you guys to give us some sort of heads up as to what is going on in terms of this professions future so we feel less like hostages of the profession. /youarereleased (from Dinner with Shmucks).

Thanks for all you've done and please know how much of a great feat you have accomplished in my eyes and in the eyes of all of us who loved this game and are experiencing history in the making! If I can speak for others, our giddy applause and worn hats are tipped to all of you involved in re-creating this game voluntarily! :D KUDOS to you and to this community of die-hards!

vladimir
05-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks developers for all of your hard work! Can't wait to try out the new publish.

switch
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
"The contents of containers placed on vendors will now count towards a player's item limit. "

Does this total number include factory crates as 1?

Sharp2255
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Awesome, Thank you for all of your hard work.

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 01:29 PM
"The contents of containers placed on vendors will now count towards a player's item limit. "

Does this total number include factory crates as 1?1 factory crate count as one, no mater how many items that crate contains.

Ar-Kane
05-18-2014, 01:29 PM
A factory crate isn't a container. so no it should count as 1.

Vlada
05-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I truly do not mean to sound ungrateful by asking the following, so please do not take it as any sort of disappointment on my part. I was wondering if the bug for being able to log back on to Nova has been fixed yet? Currently anyone who had been away for a long period of time, then tries to log on via the Launchpad ENHANCED will be locked out of the TC Nova server. Even if they have re-installed the games current Launchpad they cannot get to play on Nova. I have tried to get around this bug by creating a new character on Nova, however the next log in I am faced with no avatars. So was wondering if there is any update or news as to whether or not this is being looked at?

Such a bug doesn't exist, this is something that is happening on your (client) side. Has nothing to do with the server.

Lastly, for about 6+ (2008ish) years involved with the EMU project as a player/tester, all I'd ever heard from other players is how much they cannot wait for Bio-Engineer to be working again. They would convey the same nostalgic lament of missing the profession profusely as I, myself has held. So if I am honest, I do feel a tinge of saddness and neglect that BE has again been sorely overlooked when it comes to animal stats and functions. Can anyone tell us an approximate timeline of when the stats of a DNA sample can be crafted into a workable statted pet please? I'm sure I'm not the only BE fan who has been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for this profession to see some remarkable TLC. I understand it may be difficult to program or code, so I'll just keep on keeping on, but it would be very kind of you guys to give us some sort of heads up as to what is going on in terms of this professions future so we feel less like hostages of the profession. /youarereleased (from Dinner with Shmucks).

There are no ETA's as for the timeline... If its not in this publish it might be in the next one, if not in the next one in the one after that etc. Read patch notes, read our next publish checklist and you'll find your answers if there are any to be found.

shilo
05-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys!! You all deserve a beer after this one!

Severad
05-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank You Ladies And Gentleman.

SWGalaxies90
05-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Congratz to our development team! Awesome work! :D

Qui-larek
05-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Well done to all those that continue to enhance our already awesome experience

JaGpNzr
05-18-2014, 02:17 PM
I see on the checklist a veteran rewards tab. Are you guys planning on implementing those?

net_yoda
05-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Looks like some great additions, medical droids live then? Nothing like rezzing a friend mid fight and rebuffing :)

Droid modules not working, so guessing not on that

IxeStarwind
05-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I didn't see the resource throttle change from 60 to 70 mentioned , did this make it in? Thanks for all of your hard work team!

Soulfly
05-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Sure hope a SB Yavinian insect meat never spawns again!

Lolindir
05-18-2014, 02:50 PM
I didn't see the resource throttle change from 60 to 70 mentioned , did this make it in? Thanks for all of your hard work team!
Yes, the change is on bas when its back online.

Cryva
05-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Siiiiiiiick!

Bolt4Life
05-18-2014, 03:01 PM
I won't say anything about how it was in Pre-CU with faction pets, but I absolutely love that I can have three stormtroopers out again :D

Klivian
05-18-2014, 03:20 PM
I see on the checklist a veteran rewards tab. Are you guys planning on implementing those?

Yeah, I've started some of the design work. Hopefully will be a part of pub 6.

criseyde43
05-18-2014, 03:24 PM
I tried out the citizens mail but it said I do not have sufficient permissions even though I am currently mayor and master politician. Any suggestions?

thanks!
Fiirefly

Lord Kohan
05-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Awesome. Me wants some goggles. :-)

Sajun
05-18-2014, 03:32 PM
I love you guys so much! <3

darryll4200
05-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Best game ever. One of only a handful of games I can continuously play year after, most fade within months. Congrats to all involved for a job well done

/patInback :)

/respect

aeirios
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
"The following wearable skill mods are now disabled: medicine use, combat medicine use, additional pets, stored pets, creature taming bonus, combat medic effectiveness"
I know this is probably dumb.... but wanted to clarify that BE modded clothes, like the +taming ones will work..?

Klivian
05-18-2014, 03:52 PM
I tried out the citizens mail but it said I do not have sufficient permissions even though I am currently mayor and master politician. Any suggestions?

thanks!
Fiirefly

Contact Live Support to gather more info.

PgSparky
05-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Nice :) Making progress

Ivojedi
05-18-2014, 03:56 PM
"The following wearable skill mods are now disabled: medicine use, combat medicine use, additional pets, stored pets, creature taming bonus, combat medic effectiveness"
I know this is probably dumb.... but wanted to clarify that BE modded clothes, like the +taming ones will work..?

Yes they do.

Zop
05-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Great update!

aeirios
05-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes they do.
thanks much :)

Soulfly
05-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Can you wear two aakuan rings?

ManfredMaccx
05-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Swordsman:
Fixed damage multiplier on Two Handed Area 3 attack

Adjusted up or down? Any details?

criseyde43
05-18-2014, 05:31 PM
I did, thank so much for helping me!! You guys are the best.

Contact Live Support to gather more info.

nee2earth
05-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Village? Jedi? Nym's? Aren't these on Nova?

Not yet. Therefore they are not on Basilisk yet either.

Question:
•Fixed ingredients required to craft Lok camo kit

Does this mean camo is ingame now and functioning?

Not yet. Hoping for 'Publish 6' . Time will tell; as will Testing.

Bonowhemm Oplo
05-18-2014, 05:50 PM
How you managed to read that in one minute beats me :p

You scan over the stuff not relevant to you, such as 90% of professions.

CitizenErased
05-18-2014, 06:44 PM
I wish I had more time, I got to tame a few babies on Tatooine. Really excited to get tamable creatures! Thanks for all the hard work!

Bonowhemm Oplo
05-18-2014, 06:47 PM

Will it take into account previous time spent?

whisoo
05-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Great job! great progress! no questions, no complaints, very happy with Publish 5 - thanks for all the hard work developing and testing :worshippy:

Klivian
05-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Will it take into account previous time spent?

That's the plan. Well, original account time since Basilisk. Not Liberator.

flap flap
05-18-2014, 07:33 PM
That's the plan. Well, original account time since Basilisk. Not Liberator. Too bad lol. I've been keeping it real since '06

flap flap
05-18-2014, 07:38 PM
It's not in the patch notes, but thanks for adding logout ejection to the Nightsister Stronghold cave. Great change!

vlock
05-18-2014, 07:43 PM
nice update. been a while but ill be logging in to try this out as well.

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Such a bug doesn't exist, this is something that is happening on your (client) side. Has nothing to do with the server.
I read a thread/post about it. It basically said, that "...If you tried logging onto the game using LPE before using the New Launcher, you won't be able to log onto TC. It will be looked into." and I have not been able to find the post ever since which is why I decided to ask here. I could've sworn it was posted by you, Vlada. I found the post originally due to not being able to log onto the TC and when I read it, I then proceeded in finding out how to re-install the game's NEW launcher. So this bug did exist or was posted as being a bug at one time about a month ago. Thanks. I only want to contribute in some small way and since I cannot do anything more technical than reporting bugs, I figured I'd try yet again to get this figured out, hopefully with someone's help.

Ellyssia has sent me a reply to this in my inbox so I'll continue to try to fix this, client side or not. I have no idea how to do anything when it comes to going into files in my computer and changing things. I am very uneducated when it comes to computers. I know how to turn it on and off, log onto games I enjoy, and check my email. :D So sorry you don't recall the post which I have since not been able to find using search. I really do hope I can help out sometime using TC Nova. If not, no biggy I guess. Just another thing I'm exluded from in life due to my own ineptness. :P

Gutboy Barrelhouse
05-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Sweetpea when you launch the game and get to the character select screen do you see TC nova characters or just your Basilisk characters?

Based on your previous post about this it seems that the last time you played on TC Nova was prior to November 2013, if that is the case all those characters were wiped and you will have to create new characters.

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 08:03 PM
PS: I read every word of the patch notes out loud at 5AM this morning, just so my husband could hear...just one more ploy to try and get him to play SWGEmu. muahahahaaa! We both loved what I read!

Vlada
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I read a thread/post about it. It basically said, that "...If you tried logging onto the game using LPE before using the New Launcher, you won't be able to log onto TC. It will be looked into." and I have not been able to find the post ever since which is why I decided to ask here. I could've sworn it was posted by you, Vlada. I found the post originally due to not being able to log onto the TC and when I read it, I then proceeded in finding out how to re-install the game's NEW launcher. So this bug did exist or was posted as being a bug at one time about a month ago. Thanks. I only want to contribute in some small way and since I cannot do anything more technical than reporting bugs, I figured I'd try yet again to get this figured out, hopefully with someone's help.

Ellyssia has sent me a reply to this in my inbox so I'll continue to try to fix this, client side or not. I have no idea how to do anything when it comes to going into files in my computer and changing things. I am very uneducated when it comes to computers. I know how to turn it on and off, log onto games I enjoy, and check my email. :D So sorry you don't recall the post which I have since not been able to find using search. I really do hope I can help out sometime using TC Nova. If not, no biggy I guess. Just another thing I'm exluded from in life due to my own ineptness. :P

If you installed using our new launcher and you are able to play on Bas, just try creating a new character, it will give you the option to select a server, TC: Nova or Basilisk.

awcornelius
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM
So great. Thank you!

Weapons without a powerup will no longer artificially cap their speed at 1.0

Does this mean we can attack more than once a second? I thought the 1.0 actual weapon speed was fundamental to how the speed formula works.

Edit: formatting.

Ivojedi
05-18-2014, 08:08 PM
So great. Thank you!

Does this mean we can attack more than once a second? I thought the 1.0 actual weapon speed was fundamental to how the speed formula works.

Edit: formatting.

Attack speed still caps at 1.0. Weapon speed does not. Since weapons speed, skill mods, and special attack speed modifier all are accounted for when determining attack speed, having weapon speed below 1.0 can sometimes be beneficial.

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Sweetpea when you launch the game and get to the character select screen do you see TC nova characters or just your Basilisk characters?

Based on your previous post about this it seems that the last time you played on TC Nova was prior to November 2013, if that is the case all those characters were wiped and you will have to create new characters.

When I first logged on all toons were gone. I had to create new ones. Using the new launchpad (which btw i LOVE) I have my newly (month old) created characters but none of the ones I had prior to Nov 2013. Also, I tried creating a toon for TC Nova as my original ones were gone also, and created one, but then I still could not log into the TC Nova server, and when I came back the next day to try again, the newly created TC Nova toon was gone. Guys, I'm soooo very sorry I clicked on LPE before checking out the forums or news. I just had no idea the launchpad enhanced would have been an issue. :P I hate being a burden too and it looks like I've hijacked this thread had have become just that. PLease know how very sorry I am for that! I'll work this out with Ellyssia via forum-mail. :) Thanks guys, I'm so sorry!

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 08:11 PM
*BIG HUG* I sure will try again. It deleted the last try the very next day. :) I'm so so so sorry for being such a pain. Ellyssia is in contact with me via the site's inbox mail system so I'll iron it out with her. Thanks so very much Vlada. I wish you knew just how much I admire you and your brain! So sorry for having taken this thread in a diff direction. Carry on with the patch-oriented posts. I'll bow out gracefully in hopes to get this solved via communication with Ellyssia or other using the mail system. :D You all rock!

xeroorez
05-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Four Thumbs Up!

SweetPea
05-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Hey, i just created a toon and logged onto TC Nova! I will log off and see if it sticks!

Hey, i just created a toon and logged onto TC Nova! I will log off and see if it sticks!

UPDATE: I did a hard log and shut down launchpad also, waited a few minutes, and logged back onto my new TC NOVA Toon SweetPea Starlender! OH JOY! Not sure yet if this will stay when the server updates again but I'm very grateful that I can finally log onto TC! Thanks Vlada! Thanks, everyone!

wulfman_ga
05-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Sounds good, looking forward to try the faction pets and droids (well, droid "testing" is relative, since moduels are not yet working).
Thank you dev and support team :)

lamikgb
05-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Great job!
Any chance MSE droid will produce cute sounds?

Wargon
05-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Already found a bug on the Mos Entha race track, the drop right before the Notch you get stuck in the air doing a wheelie and cannot move unless you do /unstick!

Melal Mikin
05-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Adjusted loot and loot chances on all Dathomir NPCs

After about an hour of killing nightsisters at the stronghold, about 85% of them just dropped credits and the other 15% dropped junk weapons, clothing without any modifiers, and one shard. The elder just dropped 2716 credits. Is this drastic reduction of drops as intended or is this something that needs to be fixed?

Jebudei
05-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Awesome stuff! Gotta love progress

Vlada
05-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Already found a bug on the Mos Entha race track, the drop right before the Notch you get stuck in the air doing a wheelie and cannot move unless you do /unstick!

Except i dont think /unstick works, I know for sure it hasn't worked since Bas was launched and i dont see anything about it in patch notes so... Yeah, /unstick probably didnt so anything.

In any case, if you find a bug, report it on Mantis, not here... Why am I tell you? You already know this.

divious
05-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the hard work guys,

finally CH is here, teh time has come..

it is callin me in..

nee2earth
05-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Any chance MSE droid will produce cute sounds?

As far as i'm aware, all behavorial 'features' like that will either fall under the *creature AI* umbrella (so maybe Publish 6) or be added during BETA-testing phase.

I miss them too. It's the little things/details that make something go from good to great, great to superb, etc.

JaGpNzr
05-19-2014, 02:03 AM
happened to me as well.

Viaron
05-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Great job, Everyone.

Bonowhemm Oplo
05-19-2014, 03:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlwnbcxBuzIp

^ What the devs were really thinking for the last 6 months.

Hispa
05-19-2014, 09:44 AM
After destroying a lair I had a tree appear on top of me and could no longer move summoned my bike and tried to mount no luck then remembered the /unstick command stored the bike used unstick and voilla I appeared outside the tree recalled bike and drove away .

Vlada
05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
After destroying a lair I had a tree appear on top of me and could no longer move summoned my bike and tried to mount no luck then remembered the /unstick command stored the bike used unstick and voilla I appeared outside the tree recalled bike and drove away .

Once again, /unstick command doesnt work.

snessuk
05-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Was curious to why the skill tapes for Medicine Use / Combat Medicine Use and Combat Medicine Effectiveness was hit with the nerf bat ?

Wargon
05-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Except i dont think /unstick works, I know for sure it hasn't worked since Bas was launched and i dont see anything about it in patch notes so... Yeah, /unstick probably didnt so anything.

In any case, if you find a bug, report it on Mantis, not here... Why am I tell you? You already know this.

After the server crashed when i was doing the race the issue never happened again.

jhylinski
05-19-2014, 12:06 PM
The med use I can see as a way to incorporate more doctors in combat

VE_Strange
05-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Was curious to why the skill tapes for Medicine Use / Combat Medicine Use and Combat Medicine Effectiveness was hit with the nerf bat ?

It was that way in 14.1, so its that way for us now.

Elace
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM
I think this is the problem of the bounty hunter, medic novice 1 pharmacology and use with med use tapes on med 30/40 is not fair,ut the jedi did not come.
the nerf could have come so later

ob1_
05-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Hrmm.. i noticed that the drop rates on Dath have been changed in the notes. I can tell. Two buff sessions and literally only mod-less clothes/credits.. im new, and life is hard out here for a Zab!:( Is this working as intended for now? or am i just desperately unlucky??

SweetPea
05-20-2014, 07:20 PM

UPDATE: I did a hard log and shut down launchpad also, waited a few minutes, and logged back onto my new TC NOVA Toon SweetPea Starlender! OH JOY! Not sure yet if this will stay when the server updates again but I'm very grateful that I can finally log onto TC! Thanks Vlada! Thanks, everyone!

The Saga Continues......
Well with sad news I must report that today when logging onto the game, my new TCNOVA toon I had created is gone. But on the bright side, the toons on Bas are still available and I can always take notes of any bugs on Bas I find and report those. :D

Ivojedi
05-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Nova was just wiped in preparation for publish 6 testing.

Lolindir
05-20-2014, 07:54 PM
The Saga Continues......
Well with sad news I must report that today when logging onto the game, my new TCNOVA toon I had created is gone. But on the bright side, the toons on Bas are still available and I can always take notes of any bugs on Bas I find and report those. :DThis is the life of a tester ;) As Ivo said, Nova have been wiped, so that our Devs, QA and testers can start on publish 6. Always forward

snessuk
05-21-2014, 05:38 AM
It was that way in 14.1, so its that way for us now.

So with that in mind ... it's going into the PVP engine .. because that is what 14.1 was about ... didn't care about PVE anymore.

makednoce
05-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Pozdrav iz balkana.

Poseban za Vlada i HVALA puno ostala ekipa :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEEvE_EYXg

Akiran
05-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Great Job guys! So are the Doctors still stuck in the medical centers or are Surgical droids functional?

Soulfly
05-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Great Job guys! So are the Doctors still stuck in the medical centers or are Surgical droids functional?Droids can now be generated from deeds - see pet section for more details on what pet functionality is working. *Special Note: droid modules are not yet functional

Snake_Plisskin
05-26-2014, 11:07 PM
So what about why my survey tapes no longer work and how certian npc' are on a longer spawn timer? Why is this not mentioned in the notes?

snessuk
05-27-2014, 03:55 AM
.. because apparently told to me ...

Quote : " .. It was that way in 14.1, so its that way for us now. "

.. welcome to SOE's successor to the nerf bat !

Sajun
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
It makes sense for certain things to not work, such as damage tapes. That's the reason they're doing it the same on here. Now the original issue is that SOE should have just removed them from the loot tables, and they didn't, so I think at some point the team will actually remove them. As for survey tapes, I've not heard anything about them no longer working and I can't imagine why they wouldn't. Must be a bug.

The reason for this should be obvious. It makes no sense for someone to take the first box of medic and then be able to stack enough med use on their gear to use Stim D or E. If you want more healing potential you should have to go higher into Medic. When you can't spare the points you're more inclined to have a Medic or Doctor buddy tag along with you. It's just an effort to make this game more group oriented, which it isn't right now. I feel like you should have to have a buddy or two to go Krayt/NS hunting, or into Geo cave. Being able to solo what little high end content there is sort of defeats the purpose and focus of the game, which is to be community driven. But alas, it is a test server, and I'm patient for 14.1 and the future. Can't wait for more group oriented content. =)

AL3XG
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
do we have JTL on nova?

Ellyssia
05-28-2014, 08:51 PM
No.

Ahreel
06-03-2014, 01:04 PM

They weren't supposed to, they didn't work on Live. They didn't get nerfed, they got Fixed.

RedFive
06-23-2014, 04:27 AM
I go away for a few months and lots of good things happen. Yay pets and droids!!!

Soulfly
06-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Was the spawn throttle dialed back or was the influx of SB resources right after publish just a coincidence? Seems that is has gone back to normal now.

phersh1090
07-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Was the spawn throttle dialed back or was the influx of SB resources right after publish just a coincidence? Seems that is has gone back to normal now.
I was wondering this same thing, been fairly quiet in the resource game for a couple weeks now

Soulfly
07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
I was wondering this same thing, been fairly quiet in the resource game for a couple weeks nowHas there been one thing worth contracting since I posted the above?

Overmind
07-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Has there been one thing worth contracting since I posted the above?

Apart from this new Skevon Gas.... NOPE , Nada.. zip ... zilch...

Edited: I'm retracting the above statement... seems things are back on track with all the resource love from Petro 4, Crism ore, Duralloy Steel and now the new Rori Fiberplast... Things are good!

Gamaken
09-21-2014, 02:33 AM
I realize this may sound stupid and the answers may be hidden in the other threads. However, is there an updated time frame. The SWGEmu Timeline post on the forum is quite old and obviously there may be more information out now.

Any guesstimate when SunCrusher may be brought live. Or to rephrase the question, how far along do you guys feel the development is?

Also, what is in development for publish 6? Do we have a guesstimate as to when it will hit?

As you can tell, I just found you guys within the last month joined up and am playing daily. Cheers. Love what you have done.

Lolindir
09-21-2014, 03:02 PM
There is no ETAs in SWGEmu until we are very close.

If you follow our weeklyupdate (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179), have a look at the publish6 checklist (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16uG3AJudRJ6OYJWonxXc3RlV9-VrLMCBmBhaRpif5vw/edit) from time to time and look at our SWGEmuroadmaps (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12GN4Y219FQ9OPpG1HkxER7KBEFy8wDtlsmCAZprnX6w/edit) you will be able to see the progress of our project andmore or less understand when you can expect to see some thingimplemented to Basilisk. Every thing posted on the weekly update isalready on Nova.