PDA

View Full Version : [Postponed] No Friday Fight Night 5/6/11

Kreen
05-06-2011, 01:51 AM
There will not be a PvP event this weekend, due to several of the ECs having conflicts. However, keep your eyes peeled for a post about next weekend, when the Fight Nights continue!

badshrooms
05-06-2011, 04:03 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Must find..... players...to kill....so...many....come...... lets host our Own guys? fight over cnet for friday night or something

slawface
05-06-2011, 04:05 AM
I wont fight over cnet. Rebels just drop faction when they're about to die or dont have the advantage. Fk that.

skrizzle
05-06-2011, 04:42 AM
Good, I work fridays :P

Wednesday Nights plz!

korimor
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Just cancel them if youre never gonna have them at the rite time (friday night) or at least dont let us vet all hyped for it all week just to get this. I understand you guys have rl, just after leading everyone ul to it and postponing.. 2 weeks in a row :(. Change it to like saturday night showdowns if it would be better..... Was fun for tge short run they had.. :/

AZIronman
05-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I wont fight over cnet. Rebels just drop faction when they're about to die or dont have the advantage. Fk that.

Or they send bhs after us until they kill the jedi THEN they flag overt

cru jodo
05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I use my roflman vs glowbats pewpewpewpwepew

AZIronman
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I use my roflman vs glowbats pewpewpewpwepew

and get 8 headshots in a row on me and make me qq

Mahonra
05-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Shame on the Rebels for using tactics and playing smart. Such cowards!

If they were real men they would fight naked, solo, with no buffs and no weapons.

korimor
05-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Only happened like once when u guys brought back 3 jedi and 3 non to roll 3 of us. And rebels are not the only ones guilty of this lol , even that time bhs were following us and weve had other times a bh has came for me along with some overt imps, its part of the role of being a jedi when only 5 log on daily

Deltawarrior
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I got an Idea. Since theed is Such a Big Town How about this. The Imps Pick a Person to Represent them, and the Rebels Pick a Person to Represent them. Those 2 people Can not leave theed, and lets say after an hour the Side who has killed that Leader the Most wins. The Imps could starting Point Could be the Star Port and Rebs could take the Shuttle Port and we would have to keep the Fight at, lets say around the palace the whole time. I know it's something like we have already had but, hey. Just a Thought ya know

badshrooms
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM

The rebels i know are not the organized

who have you been fighting lol

Shoryuu
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM

Its not about them using bounty hunters. Its about them showing up with doctors to rez themselves after they die over and over.

Mahonra
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I got an Idea. Since theed is Such a Big Town How about this. The Imps Pick a Person to Represent them, and the Rebels Pick a Person to Represent them. Those 2 people Can not leave theed, and lets say after an hour the Side who has killed that Leader the Most wins. The Imps could starting Point Could be the Star Port and Rebs could take the Shuttle Port and we would have to keep the Fight at, lets say around the palace the whole time. I know it's something like we have already had but, hey. Just a Thought ya know

I really really like this idea!

1 member of each faction is designated as their faction's VIP commander.

The two VIPs are allowed to freely move around anywhere within the confines of the designated city. Walls will be constructed to define that area.
The two VIP's will be given slightly higher buffs. (5k maybe?). They are not allowed to be Jedi. But they are allowed to wear armor.

The faction who DB's the opposing factions VIP commander first wins the event.

Tactics will be required. Scouts will be key. Decoys could be used. Protection squads and assassination teams will likely function separately.

The VIP's will be moving targets. Which will require constantly changing tactics.

The battle zone would have to be in a city large enough where hide and seek tactics are possible. And the larger the city wall boundaries are, the better.

EC buffs should be provided in the Theed cloner, but on a 10 minute timer. That way the penalty for death will be having to wait several minutes before getting back in the battle.

Flags to set players overt will be needed. And ALL players in the city will be required to be overt. That way neutral or covert spys and scouts won't be possible.

If a player is out scouting for where the enemy VIP is, he risks being cut down and killed by the opposing faction if he's spotted. This makes spying a difficult and dangerous task.

Plus placing a couple portals around the city to allow quick warps to different areas of the city would add another tactical element.

I foresee an event like this as being incredibly fun.
Any thoughts and suggestions on this?

Deltawarrior
05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Sounds good to me, Thats the general Idea I was looking into you just made it sounds 10x's more fun though lol

Mahonra
05-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Its not about them using bounty hunters. Its about them showing up with doctors to rez themselves after they die over and over.

That's because (like you claimed) if they don't clone, they haven't really died.

Which means you've never actually killed a BH.
Lol!

Mahonra
05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Sounds good to me, Thats the general Idea I was looking into you just made it sounds 10x's more fun though lol

Ya I just took your original idea and added a few details.

But the credit goes to you.

Bwill
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
sounds cool as outlined. then the 15-20 people outside the sp at any one time, would have something interesting to talk crap about. rather then trivial duels. if everyone.. mostly the older.. "vet" - "pro" .. players took negitives and turned them into positives more often. and participated when they are attempted to be organized. there wouldent be the constant cloud of
"this community sucks, everyones a nub , this will never be done , jedi grinding is stupid, i used to be a jedi before , dots are to strong"
and so forth

props to delta and mahonra for initiative

Superjebus
05-07-2011, 01:23 AM
This is a very cool idea.

In other news, I like cats.......

Kreen
05-07-2011, 06:29 PM
That sounds like a really cool idea. We'll definitely need to play with it and try it out :) Probably not during a Fight Night, but a whole separate event on its own.

Just cancel them if youre never gonna have them at the rite time (friday night) or at least dont let us vet all hyped for it all week just to get this. I understand you guys have rl, just after leading everyone ul to it and postponing.. 2 weeks in a row :(. Change it to like saturday night showdowns if it would be better..... Was fun for tge short run they had.. :/

I'm sorry for disappointing you, but the Friday Fight Nights are far from over. These past two weeks have been pretty hectic as the Spring semester's finishing up, but now with summer ahead, you can expect them to be pretty on track every week. Even so, the date is quite subject to change. If the community as a whole enjoys Saturday afternoons, or Wednesday nights, or whatever, we're open to playing with it. A title is just a title for the event :)

korimor
05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry for disappointing you, but the Friday Fight Nights are far from over. These past two weeks have been pretty hectic as the Spring semester's finishing up, but now with summer ahead, you can expect them to be pretty on track every week. Even so, the date is quite subject to change. If the community as a whole enjoys Saturday afternoons, or Wednesday nights, or whatever, we're open to playing with it. A title is just a title for the event :)

Should make a poll about Friday night/ Saturday night/ Sunday day.. would think the weekends would be the best for most people but Wednesday might be possible

Mahonra
05-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Should make a poll about Friday night/ Saturday night/ Sunday day.. would think the weekends would be the best for most people but Wednesday might be possible

TBH they should be held at a time that is most convenient for the EC's who are hosting the event.

They are the ones putting all the time and effort into making them happen. Let's not forget that.

skullboy1
05-08-2011, 02:40 AM
TBH they should be held at a time that is most convenient for the EC's who are hosting the event.

They are the ones putting all the time and effort into making them happen. Let's not forget that.

TBH i think it should be on friday because everyone is able to play on friday or atleast i think they are :P. But there should be a poll showing the date's of the most convient times for EC's cause some don't get there hopes up.

skrizzle
05-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Shame on the Rebels for using tactics and playing smart. Such cowards!

If they were real men they would fight naked, solo, with no buffs and no weapons.

there's a difference between tactics and being noobish

skrizzle
05-08-2011, 02:43 AM
TBH i think it should be on friday because everyone is able to play on friday or atleast i think they are :P. But there should be a poll showing the date's of the most convient times for EC's cause some don't get there hopes up.

No i work fridays :<

Pvp events on wednesday or thursday plz those are my days off !

skullboy1
05-08-2011, 02:48 AM
No i work fridays :<

Pvp events on wednesday or thursday plz those are my days off !

Yea forgot thursday omg dude i have nothing to do on thursday i could work with that forsure :).

korimor
05-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Some people fish tournaments on Saturday's during the days and have to travel and pre-fish on Friday. :(

Mahonra
05-08-2011, 03:47 AM
there's a difference between tactics and being noobish

If you think what the Rebels did was noobish, then I fear you don't know the difference yourself.

:)

jakey112
05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
hey all when will the next pvp event be ?

badshrooms
05-08-2011, 05:43 PM
hey all when will the next pvp event be ?

check back wednesday/thursday/then friday <-- it will probably be on Friday

The Event coordinators have NOT been GIVING PROPER heads up for these! I mean we all have lives, and family's to tend to and its hard to make last minute changes to play video games for 3 hours (the events are usually 2-3 hours long)

I think they should promote new Event Coordinators to help with this...

People are donating ALOT of money and more would be willing to donate (like myself) if this game had a proper staff willing to spend more time giving the players help in creating fun Events...

SINCE this server is extremely broken and nearly 0 content outside of Looting the same mobs over and over

korimor
05-08-2011, 06:05 PM
They just took Shotter back on.. in Nova Shotter was amazing.. he would host mini-events all the time.. but i guess school or work is getting the best of him rite now :(

AZIronman
05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Just wait until summer yall. Same thing happens with swgemu evvvveeeeerrrryyyy year.

The ECS are busy with school, chill. They don't owe you and i anything.

cru jodo
05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Just wait until summer yall. Same thing happens with swgemu evvvveeeeerrrryyyy year.

The ECS are busy with school, chill. They don't owe you and i anything.

hakry owes me for pizza and beer, and he is gonna pay what he owes!

Mahonra
05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
check back wednesday/thursday/then friday <-- it will probably be on Friday

The Event coordinators have NOT been GIVING PROPER heads up for these! I mean we all have lives, and family's to tend to and its hard to make last minute changes to play video games for 3 hours (the events are usually 2-3 hours long)

I think they should promote new Event Coordinators to help with this...

People are donating ALOT of money and more would be willing to donate (like myself) if this game had a proper staff willing to spend more time giving the players help in creating fun Events...

SINCE this server is extremely broken and nearly 0 content outside of Looting the same mobs over and over

Ahhh man. I was disappointed to see you post this.

The EC's are volunteers with real lives of their own and it's not fair to place unrealistic expectatons on them.

I personally think they have been doing a fantastic job.

Kreen
05-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks to those who are understanding. We're just volunteers with busy schedules right now, and AZ is right: this happens every year with the Emu. In the Spring it gets rough, then things go back to rolling along in the summer. It's the unfortunate side-effect of having a volunteer-based project.

Unless there are extreme circumstances like last week, I will try to post event dates at least a day or two in advance, or ideally a week in advance.