The SWGEmu Event Staff

http://i.imgur.com/Rk7IVWS.jpg

Every Who
Down in EMU
Liked Christmas a lot....

But Darth Vader
Who lived just North of Coronet
Did Not!

As a way to further bring the Galaxy to its knees the Imperials have an agenda to destroy Christmas. Darth Vader has come forward and found a way to hurt Claus so it will destroy the Holiday Season.

Galaxy News has just announced:

Darth Vader has been spotted at undisclosed location.
Our sources tell us that Darth has set up a base and has Mrs.Claus held hostage.
The Imperials have turned her to the Dark Side and plan to keep her that way to drop Mr.Claus' morale for the Holiday Season.

Will Rebels be able to free Mrs.Claus and restore Santa's morale?
Will Imperials be successful in bringing their order to Christmas?

ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!

Imperials will assist Darth Vader in holding defense at the secure location.(TBA)

Rebels' goal is to destroy the base and free Mrs.Claus.

Battle will last until Rebels secure location or Rebel forces are wiped out.

December 21st, 2013 @ 1pm EST

Rules of Event:

When locations are announced faction is to stay in their own territory until Staff tells you to move out.
Anyone found disturbing the other faction you will be ported to a location chosen by Staff. You will have to get yourself back to the event we will NOT port you back.
Be sure you bring your own buffs and entertainer.
You must clone to the cities we will not be reviving anyone.
No one will be ported to the event. You must get there on your own.

Blair
12-17-2013, 08:17 PM
WooHoo!! I'm in ;D

Paxxton
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
I'll be stuck in a Sorosuub Luxury Yacht making my way across the galaxy.

Niffer1976
12-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry guys forgot to add the time.

Post edited to show time of event.

Livy2K
12-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Battle will last until Rebels secure location or Rebel forces are wiped out.

Can you expand on this victory condition - I'm reading it as, we can keep rebuffing people and sending them back in?

Niffer1976
12-18-2013, 04:12 PM
If you wish to keep returning than yes but read carefully. It is a Base Bust so you will only have an 1hr and 45minutes from the time the base is dropped while it is vulnerable. So if you guys wish to keep coming until the base is destroyed or goes invulnerable that is your choice.

Rebels' goal is to destroy the base and free Mrs.Claus.

DaloLorn
12-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Wow, I can attend that one...

And be completely useless compared to better trained, better geared players. Oh well, might be worth a shot. :)

Lost_iLLusion
12-19-2013, 08:25 AM
heheh, sounds fun.

Niffer1976
12-20-2013, 07:21 PM
If any Doctors are Entertainers wish to buff during the event please send a forum pm or in game mail to Niffer or Weedie so we can get you the coordinates before hand. Here is the info we will need:

Toons name
Rather you are a Doc or Ent
What faction you will be buffing for

At this time we have 1 entertainer for the Rebels. We would like to have 2 ents and 2 docs for each faction to get each faction buffed and ready to go. Please let us know ASAP.

See you all there!!!!!

Blahw
12-20-2013, 07:40 PM
just to bad its 4 am in my time

ubernoobOWNZ
12-21-2013, 12:53 AM
looking forward to destroying the base and saving that fat guys wife this should be fun!!

this title has the word "CHRISTmas" in it and it offends me LOLOLOL

Niffer1976
12-21-2013, 02:24 AM
I need everyones opinion. I know this event if being held early and I did that for a reason. I would like to know how many would attend if we held this again later that night. We have another event at 6pm PST but if enough are interested we could hold another one later that night.

ubernoobOWNZ
12-21-2013, 02:32 AM
my vote goes for later in the day(personally anytime between 4-8est would be best). it would allow more prime time pvpers for both factions to participate, which in turn will lead to a better event.

Cherish
12-21-2013, 04:39 AM
(1pm) working, too bad would have brought my ent out for buffing.

DaloLorn
12-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I need everyones opinion. I know this event if being held early and I did that for a reason. I would like to know how many would attend if we held this again later that night. We have another event at 6pm PST but if enough are interested we could hold another one later that night.

Well, it's pretty late for me as it is (not as late as it could have been, but...) - if I did my math right, it's from 19:00 to 20:45 CET, so the event could be moved 1 hour and 15 minutes forward before I'd be unable to say with 100% accuracy that I can participate in the event from start to finish.

weedie
12-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Again, just to clarify, we are not asking if we should delay this one. It will be held on time at 1pm EST. What we are asking is: are enough people interested to have ANOTHER one later in the day.

Tunkson
12-21-2013, 05:22 PM
For what it's worth: I'll be there (it's in half an hour, and I'm in Europe, so it's perfect time for me since I'm off work today), but it sounds fun to where I'd be happy to see it happen again later in the day.

DaloLorn
12-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Tunkson, it's already started. By the time you're there, more than half of the event will have elapsed - assuming it's not over yet, and assuming the event will result in a Rebel defeat.

Tunkson
12-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Stupid me getting times mixed up.

DaloLorn
12-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Still, it's hardly too late to show up. Me, I've made some last-minute arrangements that are forcing me away from the event.

weedie
12-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Still plenty of time to come! Imperials are holding Mrs. Claus at 6285, 5594 Talus! Imps can buff at Nashal, rebels have a buff house at 3548, 5195 Talus.

Soulfly
12-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Had fun, thanks all who helped put it on and those that came out to have fun!

strykerzero
12-21-2013, 08:12 PM
This was my first event. Thanks from the constantly killed stormtrooper :P

ubernoobOWNZ
12-21-2013, 10:21 PM
lots of fun im glad i was able to be apart of that event, hopefully there will be another if time/energy allow. The only area this event was lacking was "hardcore" pvpers from both sides, great job staff!!!

Soulfly
12-22-2013, 01:21 AM
lots of fun im glad i was able to be apart of that event, hopefully there will be another if time/energy allow. The only area this event was lacking was "hardcore" pvpers from both sides, great job staff!!!I had fun shooting you with the turrets, it was about the only thing I could do to not die in .3 seconds! :/ Still had a blast though.

Jebudei
12-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Twas great fun, thanks for the event!

Tombius
12-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Tunkson, it's already started. By the time you're there, more than half of the event will have elapsed - assuming it's not over yet, and assuming the event will result in a Rebel defeat.

ummm lol when it comes to pvp atm rebs are the ones. I missed themin bit but got there eventually and died a few times :) was great fun