1. Every regular (non-factional) armor type will only have resists to one or a maximum of two damage types.
+ It will encourage characters to choose their type of armor wisely depending on the situation it shall be used
+ This will prompt for more diversity in armor
+ It will allow characters to choose which armor is the best for their skills and needs
with only one or two resists, you will see tons of one shot kills, no one wants to get a one shot incap in pvp, they want to pvp, I understand the point you are making, but if one were to go this route it would be better to have only one or two resists be high in each armor, while still providing minimal resists in other damage types
2. There will be new kinds of armor, at least one armor for each damage type that is resisted by current armor. There should also be the full color palette to choose from on each.
+ Diversity of armor should be granted
+ More types of armor to craft, sell and wear
I am all for the color palates, however I don't think NEW armor will help in any way. A rework of existing armors should be more of a priority than making new ones.
3. The highest resists any armor will be able to have will be 30% (I assume this is the target mark for the combat rebalance).
+ This will solve the problem of armor being to powerful in battle
even with 30% resists, people will figure out what weapons are best, with 30% resists you will die quicker, why not lower all the damage on weapons so fights last longer?
4. Faction armor will stay the same as it is now. It will have (the same) multiple resists with 30% each. Players will still only be able to wear it while overt members of the faction the armor is from.
+ This will make wearing faction armor much more desirable
+ Players still have to be overt and thus have to accept some risk for wearing the best armor
5. New types of factional armor will be introduced as well. These will include but not be limited to Imperial Scout trooper armor, Swamp Trooper armor Snowtrooper armor, Rebel Trooper armor (the one that is worn by rebel troopers on the Corellian Corvette at the Beginning of Star Wars – a new hope), rebel Hoth armor and more. Colors should also be customizable depending on which colors used in the Star Wars universe. The armor types will be very similar if not the same feature-wise, but look different in appearance.
+ It will give factional armor more diversity so no
+ More authentic Star Wars armor will grant the game a better Star Wars look and feel
we all want faction armor and this is a good thing, I think we all want it to be on par with the best armor available. I think it should only be customizable by the smith
6. Acquisition of faction armor will change. Instead of buying whole armor pieces from faction recruiters, characters will only be able to buy limited-use schematics (the number should be tweaked to suit purposes best) for each part for faction points. These schematics will then be used by factioned armorsmiths to craft the actual armor pieces.
+ This will ensure that factional armor will not harm the income of armorsmith
I think 99% of smiths want to be able to craft faction armor
7. To craft factional armor, the armorsmith will have to be an overt member of the faction the schematic belongs to at the time of crafting.
+ It will allow armorsmiths to take a bigger role in the Galactic Civil War
+ This will ensure that only loyal members of the faction will make money with war materiel
+ It will bring them in danger of being a known maker of war materiel for a galactic civil war faction and therefore being attacked by the opposite side for aiding the war
I craft in my house/workstation. I don't think being overt will do much of anything, it is a private residence and I wont get ganked while crafting, I do not agree that one should have to be overt to craft, and I dont think it will have any effect on the GCW. Who has ever seen me crafting? I am doing it alone, being overt won't change anything
however, I would be for requiring a certain rank in the faction to craft certain armors, like can't make one type of factional armor till I am a colonol or another tyrp once I am a general, etc