(( This seems to have copied over just fine. My apologies in advance if it goes block mode and removes all the paragraphs as my guides tend to do. ))
Marauder Theme Park Walkthrough by Cyras "TK608" DeValera (TK608@Charter.net)
of the 488th Law Enforcement Division of Starsider Server.
Updated version available at http://phreakre.idlegames.com/theden/index.php?p=marauder
The Marauder Theme Park quests are located on the planet Endor approximately 5.5km from the Smuggler's Outpost. This guide assumes that the reader is well established in an elite combat profession or is willing to take a few friends along to complete these quests. The main rewards for these quests is the Marauder Armor suit, which consists of a Breastplate, leggings, and left and right bicep pieces. There is another armor piece reward, but at the present time, the quest is broken and you do not receive it. I believe it is the helm. All of these missions take place out of the Marauder encampment at -4550, -2250 on Endor and use the various "yellow dot" NPC's marked on the radar to facilitate quests. (**You can see me modelling the armor here: http://phreakre.idlegames.com/theden/cyrasmarauderarmor.gif )
II. Mission Walkthroughs
NPC #1 - King Terak ( -4571, -2274 )
The King isn't a nice guy and he's used to getting his way. He presents each job in the rudest way possible and if you question him, he becomes downright hostile and angry. I suggest just saying "yes,sir" and going about your jobs, the King hands out the armor pieces, and the are remarkably light on the action/mind encumberance.
1. King Terak recently sent out a patrol that was ambushed by Ewoks around the border of their territories. Rumors from Indar, the lone survivor, hinted that it was a great power that an Ewok Shaman possesses. To prove yourself, you must go kill that ewok and return his staff to King Terak. Good luck. The target is an "Ewok Holy One" ( 10k HAM/ 30% resists ). Loot his body and retreive the metal staff he carries. This is the broken quest, it says "You receive an item for reward" but no reward goes in your backpack.
2. The metal staff was a sham, King Terak believes Indar is a traitor and sends you to take care of him. Indar is hiding out in the woods, it is easy to find him. Indar ( 12k HAM, 40% resists ). When you return to King Terak after killing Indar, he gives you the leggings Indar was crafting for his personal armor. The stats on the leggings: 25% kinetic, 15% blast, energy, restraint, heat, acid. Vulnurable to stun, cold, electricity. Encumberance 38/60/10.
3. King Terak has learned of a crashed ship not far from the borders of his land. He wants you to go investigate because his last party was destroyed by an ewok raid. He believes this ship holds the power to return him to the stars.. and it does. When you head over there you find three mercenaries, one is called "stranded mercenary"(7k HAM) that is your target. He has two buddies with him, they're lightweights (1.3k HAM). Retrieve the hyperdrive pieces from the Stranded mercenary and return it to King Terak. He will reward you with the left and right Marauder Armor bicep pieces. ( 25% kinetic, 15% blast, energy, restraint, heat, acid. Vulnurable to stun, cold, electricity. Resists: Encumberance:13/8/10 ).
4. King Terak is very happy when you return the hyperdrive generator to him. Doing so, he immediately sets to work on it. Soon after, he learns that the Ewoks figure he's up to something and have mobilized a raiding party to hit the Marauder village. You are charged to go destroy this raiding party. It really isn't that much of a party, there are four ewoks. Your target is labelled "War Party Chief" (12k HAM, 30% resists). The rest are very lightweights and should be easy. When you return to the King after killing the Ewok Raiding party, he discharges you from his service and rewards your efforts with the Marauder's Breastplate ( 25% kinetic, 15% blast, energy, restraint, heat, acid. Vulnurable to stun, cold, electricity. Resists: Encumberance:125/23/10 ).
Those of you just out here for the armor can stop here. The rest is all for bragging rights.
NPC #2 - Fightmaster Jorak ( -4581, -2246 )
Jorak has a serious ego problem and thinks you want his job. However, he is a warrior and thinks the only way to solve your problem with him is by fighting him. He's kind of a coward though, you have to prove yourself before you can fight him. His assignments are a series of kill tasks on ever-increasingly difficult creatures that become increasingly immune to attack types, bring several weapons to finish his quests. I will merely list them with their HAM readouts because there is no storyline here:
1. Bloodseeker Mite ( 8k HAM, 100% Electricity/Acid/Heat resists )
2. Crimson Blurrg ( 9k HAM, 100% Cold/40% Heat resists )
3. Diseased Mantigrue ( 12k HAM, 100% Blast/Cold/Electricity/Acid/Stun resists )
After killing the Mantigrue, Jorak figures you're probably better than him and tells you to "go seek your fame in another tribe". Go figure.
NPC #3 - Charal ( -4564, -2293 )
Charal is a wanna-be night sister. She has some dream and destiny for you, but I can't figure out what it is.. short of doing her chores, of course.
1. Charal wants an ewok spleen for some nefarious purpose. I don't know, I didn't care. I went and got it for "the Mistress". The Ewok ( 9k HAM, 60% resists). After cutting out the spleen I returned to be lavished with praise.
2. Charal has a slave that wandered off sometime during the night. In her divine wisdom, she has figured out where he is and wants you to go get him. His name is "Lizardman the Slave". Go find him, talk to him, return to Chara. She's happy, I'm happy, we're both happy.
3. Now Charal has some wierd need for Ewok spit. I said "eww" and told her that I'd bring her an Ewok, but I'm not collecting spit. She agreed. Charal wants you to head out to pick out a "juicy ewok". Unfortunately, this Ewok has friends (1.5k HAM) and they always ambush you. Kill them, don't kill the Juicy. Talk to him, then run him back to Charal. She's happy.
4. Word has it that a ship crashed recently. Aboard was a member that possesses a "comm-link". Charal desires this. Go out to the spot where the ship crashed and kill everyone you see. The target is named "Dango Haliban" (1.3k HAM), he's a lightweight. Feel free to kill him and steal his "comm-link" later. Return to Charal and she divines your future isn't with her. Perhaps its best if you move on before she collects your spleen too.
NPC #4 - Scholar Szingo ( -4620, -2294 )
The Scholar has the most dangerous, least paying, most talked about missions in the entire Theme Park. DO NOT ATTEMPT THESE MISSIONS WITHOUT A GROUP OR A GRAUL/ATST. With that being said, lets review the missions:
1. A pirate captain possesses a strange weapon that Szingo wants. Go get it for him, these pirates have already killed a few marauders. The Pirate Captain ( 4k HAM, 40% heat resist) is hiding with two other friends. Kill him and his friends then return to the Scholar. He'll be pleased with you.
2. The witch Charal has used her magic to make a scouting party of Marauders loot a space ship without the knowledge of King Terak. The Scholar views this as treason and commands you to go kill the Marauders because they should only be loyal to the King and not the Witch. When you head out to kill the marauders, be very very careful as you approach the waypoint. They will *always* ambush you and all of them are very red (10k HAM, 40% resists). There are five of them, they attack in wedge formation and go after the weakest link first. If you have pets, fire them into the gap and run back towards the Marauder village. You need to spread them out to win or they'll cut you down. You need to kill all of them to complete the mission, so there is no cheap victory method. Bring some friends or an ATST/Graul.
3. The King is mad at the loss of his warriors, the Scholar figures if you go kill Gorax, the King will forget about his problems for a while. Gorax is no cheap skate, bring some friends and an ATST or Graul pet. Gorax is Heavy Armored, has 25% resists across the board, and has 30K HAM. He hits for 500-6000 (large range) damage on the kinetic bar and has an Area Effect Knockdown + dizzy manuver that hits everyone within 50m of him. Let the pets tank and bring an AP2 or higher weapon to have a chance against him. The fight can take over a minute, don't look for the easy victory. Let your pets tank and stand as far back as you can while maintaining your ability to shoot. He hits hard. (*note: It is possible to solo him, I did. But be ready to run around a lot and make sure you bring an AP2 weapon and have a lot of bleeds/burns on hand. Its a long fight.)
Once you kill Gorax, relish in the fact that you have killed the hardest mob in the game as of Oct 7th, 2003, the time this document was written.
- One suit of Marauder armor.
- About 800 marauder faction (which you promptly lose for killing Gorax)
- a few credits in your pocket.
- Most of all, you got bragging rights.
- Cyras "TK608" DeValera (TK608@Charter.net)