Cries of Alderaan - Act 3 has gone very well so far. We have many people who have completed it already. For those just starting the Story Arc, or for those who are in the middle, but confused at some portions, I am posting a list of tips as well as the email that was sent to all players.
Feel free to post comments, questions, etc in this thread.
As always, keep your posts polite, clean, constructive and on-topic or they will be deleted. Even if you have a criticism, you can follow these guideline.
Subject: HoloNet News Alert
Imperial Scientist Defects to Rebellion -
Sources within the Imperial Security Bureau revealed today that renowned Imperial scientist Dr. Vacca has defected to the Rebellion. Of immediate concern is control of "Dead Eye", a once top-secret project headed by Vacca.
Imperial Coordinators on Theed, Kadaara, Narmle, Bestine and Restuss are actively recruiting loyal Imperial subjects to help keep Dead Eye out of Rebellion hands. An increase in recruitment by Rebel Coordinators has been reported in the cities of Coronet, Tyrena, Mos Eisley, Mos Espa and Nashal. No word yet on the nature of the services being sought by the Rebellion. Some insiders believe that the Rebels are working to distribute Dead Eye schematics to their supporters in an effort to increase their effectiveness against the Empire.
As always, the Empire has made it known that anyone found assisting members of the Rebellion are traitors to the Emperor and will be dealt with harshly.
[Note: You will need to join either the Rebel or Imperial faction before you can complete the final mission. For more information please visit the home page and Events forum at www.starwarsgalaxies.com.]
SPOILER WARNING - If you do not want to know some key elements of the story arc, you should not read below unless you have a question about the Story Arc.
Some tips in no particular order:
- Coordinators vs. Recruiters - You will want to talk to a Coordinator to start the story arc. These are different from Recruiters.
- Read the NPC text - Unlike previous missions, not every part of COA Act 3 generates a waypoint. Some NPC's simply tell you where to go. If you do not read the NPC text, you may get lost/confused.
- Resetting waypoints - NPC's should be able to give you a new waypoint in case you fail a mission, or if it spawns in a strange place. (Yes, we are working on a system to prevent spawns from loading in strange places)
- Off-planet Waypoints - Waypoints should update to a real waypoint when you load into the planet your waypoint is set for.
- Jabba's thugs won't talk to you? - Perhaps you need to work on your Jabba faction.
- Alderaanian Flora Missions - The Tactical Officer tells you that you can keep repeating Flora missions but that you should return to the Coordinator to continue the storyline. You may return to do as many flora missions as you desire later.
- GCW Factions - You will need to join the Rebel or Imperial faction before you will be able to complete the final mission. There is a recruiter at the advanced planet bases to help you with this. You will need at least 200 faction points to join.
- Rebel Dead Eye Schematic - The Schematic is not granted to you. As the NPC says, it is available from Rebel Recruiters.
- Rebel Final mission - There should be three waves of attacks on the base. Between waves there can be many minutes of waiting.
- Rebel/Imperial bases on advanced planets - The bases where you meet the faction leaders are static and do not move. Some players have had issues where they are not able to find their way back to these places if they fail their mission. Here are the waypoints:
Lok (-4753, 3516)
Dantooine ( 6877, -2253)
Endor ( 4021, 2970)
Dathomir (-48, 86)
Yavin 4 (-4238, 2277)
Lok (-2568, -862)
Dantooine (2505, -2053)
Endor ( -1954, 1052)
Dathomir (-6303, -529)
Yavin 4 (1587, -3533)
11. CSR's - If you are stuck due to a bug that cannot be reset by the NPC's and you submit a CSR request, CSR's will only be able to reset you to the beginning of the story arc. This is due to the types of complex variables attached to your character by the system as you progress through the arc.
12. Choosing a faction winner - As has been said many times, the faction (Rebel or Imperial) that has the highest PERCENTAGE of their population complete the arc and get a badge will be crowned winner of this act.
12. Inventory - You will be receiveing a few items and waypoints in this story arc. You MUST have room in your inventory/datapad to recieve them, or you may get stuck.
Message Edited by Pex on 02-06-2004 12:18 PM
Message Edited by Pex on 02-06-2004 12:52 PM