Reply 1 of 223
Viewed 139369 times
This profession is unique in a number of ways. It takes no skillpoints, so everyone can dabble. Other players can't train you. And progression is completely gated.
You cannot train any of the lvl 1 boxes until you have completed the first set of missions. You cannot start the second set of missions until you have trained every lvl 1 box. You can't train any of the lvl 2 boxes until you complete the second set of missions (and so on).
You can only be one Faction at a time. You cannot be both a Neutral Pilot and a Rebel Pilot (for example). Covert Rebels can be Rebel or Freelancer, Covert Imperials can be Imperial or Freelancer, while Neutrals can be any of the three. If you want to switch you must surrender all of your skills and start from scratch.
Your first ship will be given to you by the initial Pilot trainer. You must buy a ship capable of hyperdrive to move on to tier 2 however. For more information on shipwright or ships, click on the Shipwright Links and FAQ link in my signature.
You are given a choice between 3 planets to begin your journey. This determines your squadron (which planet is which squadron is located lower down). When you Master Pilot you'll get a badge based on your squadron choice. There may also be difficulty differences (unconfirmed)
Starter ships can't travel between planets, so if you're having an issue with your ship being at the wrong place, destroy it (only the starter ship) and talk to the trainer, he'll give you a new one. The way it works is that it unpacks at the first starship terminal you hit, so if you hit the right one you won't have this problem
After you master a Pilot prof and resign, if you start another Pilot branch you get a [Master Pilot Bonus] to experience. You get an 1x per Faction's pilot mastery (so when you finish your first you'll get 1x, which is double, when you master pilot from a different faction that will bump up to 2x, so triple, and when you master pilot from the final faction you will bump up to 3x, so quadruple), this makes it easier to master further branches.
Novice & Tier 1
- Sign up for the Navy of your choice at the appropriate Navy Recruiter
- Find the Pilot Trainer [He will provide your first starter ship]
- Take missions until he gives you no more 
Reward: Rebel: Orange Fighter Flight Suit for humanoids, Ithorian Bandolier [acts as backpack] for Ithorians. [Gained at second last mission]
Reward: Freelancer: Bandolier [acts as backpack]
Reward: Imperial: TIE Pilot Bodysuit for humanoids, Ithorian Two-Strap Bandolier for Ithorians. TIE Helmet
- You get one free box here, and then must xp up for the other three [to become 1111]*
- Talk to the Pilot Trainer and he'll send you to another planet [You'll need to buy a player made ship here to be able to hyperdrive to the new planet]
- Find this planets Pilot Trainer
- Duty missions until you train a skill... then Missions as per normal
- Xp up and train to 2222*
- Complete a special mission once you are 2222 to complete this tier
- Talk to the Pilot Trainer and he'll send you to another planet
- Find this planets Pilot Trainer
- Take missions until he offers you free training
- Train your free box, go back to step 2 until you have all 4 boxes (No xp required) [to become 3333]
- Talk to the Pilot Trainer and he'll send you to another planet
- Find this planets Pilot Trainer
- Take missions until he gives you no more [About 4 or 5]
- Xp up and train to 4444*
- Complete a special mission once you are 4444 to complete this tier
- Talk to the Pilot Trainer and he'll send you to another planet
- Take the 1st Master Mission, and complete it. [Kill 30 NPC ships in the Kessel Sector]
Freelancers must pick either the Rebel or Imperial Master Trainer to get the quests from.
Reward: Rebel: Rebel Ace Jacket
Reward: Freelancer: Privateer Ace Jacket
Reward: Imperial: Imperial Ace Jacket
- Take the 2nd Master Mission, and complete it. [Destroy a Corellian Corvette]
The Imperial Corvette (Named "Star Ravager") travels in the Kessel Sector from (7344, 7550, 6268) to (-6650, -245, -6258) [You can use /target Star to target it].
The Rebel Corvette travels in the Kessel Sector from (7367, -7585, -7534) to (2396, -2066, 157) to (-2664, -1424. 307), to (-4036, 434, 2791), to (-6497, 4854, 6190), spawns every two hours and takes about 45 minutes to fly its path.
They spawn every two hours and takes about 45 minutes to fly their path. The Corvette spawns with 2 Tier 5 gunboats and some figher escorts, you don't have to kill them, but they will annoy you if they don't. In order to get credit you must be in Kessel when the Corvette is destroyed (so you can die and return if you're quick). Freelancers must pick either the Rebel or Imperial Master Trainer to get the quests from.
Reward: Rebel: Rebel Ace Helmet
Reward: Freelancer: Privateer Ace Helmet
Reward: Imperial: Imperial Ace Helmet
- Talk to the Trainer and train Master Pilot!
Reward: Squadron Specific Badge!
*You can take extra duty missions that just spawn endless enemies to make xping easier
After mastering Pilot you gain Prestige points instead of XP. This can be used to gain access to the PvP dedicated Deep Space sector (30k Prestige Points).
Trainers, Recruiters and Branch specific information
Rebel Trainer/Mission Giver Locations:
Rebel Recruiter Location: J'pai Brek (-5072, -2343) Tyrena, Corellia
- Arkon's Havoc Squadron
- Tier 1:Captain Kreezo, Tyrena, Corellia (-5177, -2281)
- [Evaluate new tranpsort route] Patrol 2 wps, [Eliminate Enemy Patrol] Kill 3 TIE-LD who interrupt your patrol. [25 Faction/100 Credits]
- [Hunt the TIE Fighters] (They give you four wps when you get to space, at any are infinite sets of TIE Fighter 3-spawns). [50 Faction/200 Credits]
- [Search for lost refugee transports] Patrol 3 wps till you are given the transport location. [Escort the Transport to Safety] Defeat waves of 3 TIE-Fighters, time based (so no matter how fast you kill them, there will be more) [50 faction/500 credits & Fighter Flightsuit]
- [Destroy TIE Veteran commander] Fly to a wp, kill 3 TIE Fighters and one TIE Veteran (Tier 2). [75 Faction/1000 credits]
- Tier 2:Lady Viopa, Nym's Stronghold, Lok (472,4778)
- Duty missions until you train a single skill
- [Steal Imperial Information] find a Lambda shuttle, disable it and dock with it (Sometimes it is a pain to find it, I found hanging around the wp, occasionally typing /target lambda helped) Then you must [Destroy Imperial Ambush] (3 TIE-Fighter Tier 2's) [5000 credits / 75 Faction Points]
- Vortex Squadron:
- Tier 1: V3-FX, Moenia, Naboo
- Tier 2: First Floor, Main room of Abandoned Rebel Base, Dantooine
- Tier 3: First Floor, Main room of Abandoned Rebel Base, Dantooine
- Tier 4: Rear corner of the Dearic "Theater", Talus
- Crimson Phoenix Squadron:
- Tier 1: Commander Da'la Socuna, Mos Espa Tatooine, Back room of the Cantina
- Tier 2: Labor Outpost, Yavin 4, Medical Center
- Exit Mission: [Accompany Smuggler] Hyperspace from Yavin Iv to Lok: Nym's Hovel, about 8k from the jump point is the WP. 2 TIE-Int (Tier 3) attack, then 4 TIE-Int (Tier 3) attack. Mission ends when the escorted vessel leaves.
Reward 5k Credits, 75 Rebel FP
- Tier 3: Science Outpost, Dathomir, Cantina
- [Kidnap the Imperial Officer]: Disable a Lambda shuttle (which has two TIE (Tier 4) escorts) and dock with it.
- Tier 4: Rebel Outpost, Rori, Cantina
Rebel Master Trainer: Admiral Willham Burke (3080, 5203_ Doaba Gurefel, Corellia
Freelancer Trainer/Mission Giver Locations:
Freelancer Recruiter Location: Gil Burtin (-1174, -3647) Bestine, Tatooine
- Smuggler Alliance [Rebel Aligned]
- Tier 1, Dravis, Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Back room of cantina (3429,-4788)
- Tier 2, Shamdon Kree, Mos Eisley, Tatooine, lower level of Lucky Despot cantina (3386, -4605
- Tier 3, Biessa, Tatooine, Jabba's Throne room [Requires completing 3/4ths of theme park or Tatooine station story mission to gain access]
- Tier 4, Nirame Sakute, Trade Outpost, Dathormir, back room of medium house (599, 3030
- RSF Squadron [Imperial Aligned]
- Tier 1: Captain Dinge, Theed Naboo (-5497,4575)
- Tier 2: Captain Kayden, Theed Naboo (-5497,626)
- Tier 3: Commander Dulios, Theed Naboo (-5531,4680)
- Tier 4: Diness Imler, Theed Naboo (-5455,4679)
- Corsec Squadron: [Completely Neutral]
- Tier 1: Sergeant Rhea, Coronet Corellia (-275,4730)
- Tier 2: Captain Rikkh, Coronet Corellia (-271,4739)
Imperial Trainer/Mission Giver Locations:
Imperial Recruiter Location: Commander Landau (-5516,4403) - Theed, Naboo
- Lt. Barn Sinkko, Kadaara, Naboo [Inquisition]
- Lt. Akal Colzet, Bestine, Tatooine [Storm Squadron]
- Hakasha Sireen, Imp Outpost, Talus [Black Epsilon]
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting and Training Pilot
- Does pilot take any skillpoints?
- Can my friend train me in a box of Pilot
- So how do I train?
Look at the process higher up in this post. But essentially you do missions for a trainer to get to the training point, sometimes it takes xp, sometimes you just get it from doing the missions.
- What are tiers?
You cannot progress to the second level of any branch until you are 1111 pilot (similarly you cannot get to the third lvl of anything without being 2222), the '1' boxes are called the first tier, the '2' boxes are the second tier
- Can I take all three pilot professions?
You can only take one at a time.
- I'm Rebel/Neutral/Imperial on the ground, how am I restricted?
A ground Neutral can take any of the three, a Rebel just can't be an Imperial and an Imperial just can't be a Rebel.
- How do I switch Pilot Professions
Resign at the recruiter, which automagically removes all skillboxes, experience and prestige
- What does the planet choice matter for starting the Pilot
It determines your squadron (which affects which missions you get, and your final badge)
- I'm Overt/Covert on the ground, what will I be in space?
Your status in space will always start covert. To be overt in space you can declare at Faction Space Stations. When you return to the ground you will regain whatever status you had when you left.
- What if I'm a Rebel/Imperial on the ground but a Freelancer in space?
Your ground faction will be invisible while in space. Your ground faction does not matter in space, in any way, shape or form. [Nor do you gain/lose faction points from your actions in space]
- Are there TEF's in space?
- Does it matter who I help? What if I'm a Covert Rebel/Imperial on the ground
Space does not affect your faction on the ground. Nor does your squadron choice affect which side you can join in Deep Space.
- I can't find my friend? What's going on?
Until you train your first box you enter space in an instanced sector, after training your first box you'll appear in the 'real' world.
- Can I transfer my xp to FS?
No, the Jedi system is seperate from that of the space system.
- What's the deal with the three Freelancer factions, which like Imperials, which like Rebels?
The RSF is Imperial Aligned, can only attack Rebels, and must take the Imperial version of the ace mission.
The Smugglers Alliance is Rebel Aligned, can only attack Imperials, and must take the Rebel version of the ace mission.
The CorSec is neutral, can attack either, and can take either mission
My Ship and Me
- How do I get my first ship?
Your first ship will be given to you by the initial Pilot trainer.
- I lost/destroyed my starter ship, what do I do?
If you no longer have any ship, talk to the pilot trainer, he'll give you a new starter ship.
- How do I turn this chassis blueprint into a ship?
You must talk to a Chassis Broker (an npc often found in starports) and pay him to turn your blueprint into a ship in your datapad. This will cost 25k per tier (so 25k at tier 0, 50k at tier 1 etc)
- What is the minimum ship requirements to be able to get to hyperspace
Any crafted ship should be able to do it (and the minimum requirements on a ship are: A Reactor and an Engine)
- What's with Mark X vs Certification Lvl? Why are there two standards?
To allow a little more variance in looting there are double jumps at each level (each level gives you 2 certifications. Here is a handy table to explain it:
- Mark I - Certification 1 (x0xx Pilot)
- Mark II - Certification 3 (x1xx Pilot)
- Mark III - Certification 5 (x2xx Pilot)
- Mark IV - Certification 7 (x3xx Pilot)
- Mark V - Certification 9 (Master Pilot)
- What about weapons, they don't have Mark X.
Ya, that's a little confusing, but here is the mapping:
- Mark I - Light
- Mark II - Mid-Range
- Mark III - Heavy
- Mark IV - Advanced
- Mark V - Experimental
- How do droids work?
Check this out.
- What are the different components, what do they do?
Check out the Ship Buyers Guide v1.4
- I want more info about buying a ship.
Check out Ship Buyers Guide v1.4 *Revision edition*by Odan's Starfleet Designs from which I yoinked the ship by ship information located below, Thanx Odan!!!.
- I want more Shipwright information
Check out the Shipwright Links & FAQ
- I want more ship information
Check out the list below the FAQ
- What is the top value for component X?
Check out this lovely compilation of all component ranges.
- How do I [Some command]?
A list of pilot commands, including hyperspace sector specific jumps has been compiled here
- Does Vehicular Control, Luck, [Insert other Jedi skill here] help in space?
NO NO NO. No Jedi skills help in space, the jedi system is seperate from the space system.
I like to blow stuff up
- How does damage work?
Damage applies first to the Armour HP. As those goto 0 the item remains fully functional. After the Armour HP hit 0, damage is applied to the non-Armour HP. Items begin to suffer degredation at this point. When items are repaired total Armour HP and HP are reduced.
[Confirmed by Darth_Platypus during Beta]
- Why won't both my guns fire?
Often this question is asked when you're actually in a multi person ship, and the turret won't fire. This is due to the fact that it should be operated by a group mate. The Y-Wing (Tier 1) is a great example of this
- How do I disable a ship?
Target and destroy the Reactor, Engine and Turrets. (You can target specific components with the '[' and ']' keys.
- How does group xp work / How does kill stealing work?
Anyone who gets damage in on an opponent gets full xp, the person who does the most gets the loot
- If I'm a Jedi and I die in space, do I suffer the xp loss?
NO, the Jedi system is seperate from the space system.
- How does the Kessel Sector Work?
Kessel used to be a five faction sector. Rebel vs Imperial vs RSF vs Corsec vs Smuggler's Alliance. So for Rebels and Imperials this means you can attack anyone not in your faction. For Privateers this means you can attack anyone not in your faction, AND anyone not in your squadron!
THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED As of November 12th Kessel is now non-PvP except between overt people, you can declare prior to entering.
- How do I get to the Kessel Sector?
Rebels get there from the Deep Space Station in the Dantooine System.
Imperials get there from the Empire Deep Space station in the Endor System
Freelancers get there from the Neutral Deep Space Station in the Dathomir System
- What happens if I die in the Kessel Sector?
You respawn at the space station you used to travel there. You do not lose master missions if you die
- How does the Deep Space Sector Work?
Deep Space is a Rebel vs Imperial Battlefield. When you enter the sector if you are Freelancer, you must pick a side. Rebels try to destroy the Imperial Star Destroyer, Imperials protect it.
- How does Reverse Engineering work?
Shipwrights have the ability to Reverse Engineer the loot you get. The component analyzer looks for the optimal stat in each category and applies that to the finished item, so the item you get in return is always better than any individual components used in the process. A small bonus is applied based on the level of the items used, so you get a higher bonus if you manage to assemble 9 or 10 components, and only a marginal one when you stick a single component in.
However, Reverse Engineering level is a 1-1 correlation to the number of components needed, so you could only use 9 or 10 items in a level 9 or 10 reverse engineering session.[Directly from Darth_Platypus during Beta]
- I'm still confused about Reverse Engineering.
Here is the process a Shipwright will go through:
- Take a Component Analysis Tool (Quality doesn't matter, that just affects the number of charges)
- Take a group of looted components of the same type and level (i.e. lvl 3 weapons, or lvl 6 armour)
- Put the same number of components as the level they are into the Tool (i.e. 3 lvl 3 weapons, or 6 lvl 6 armours)
- Use the radial option on the tool "Analyze Components"
- You will be shown a readout with the results, what it does is take the best value, from amongst the components, for each stat and then add a % bonus on top of that (% equal to the level you are RE-ing)
- Rename the item
- What joystick should I use?
Complete Ship Information
For some interesting min/max mass information check this out.
Legend: (Tier) Ship Name: Resource Amount Approximate Mass [SP: Number of guns with a single player / MP Number of players who can man turrets] Number of missiles [Ship hard caps on various stats including Spdx. Max speed for any ship is determined by (engine speed * 10 * Spdx), booster speed uses the same function]
- (Tier 0) TIE-LD: 5k Resources ~12k mass [SP: 1 Gun] 0 missile[Spdx ?? Acc 50 Dec 50 Pitch 600 Yaw 600 Roll 300]
- (Tier 1) TIE-F: 15k Resources ~20k mass [SP: 1 Gun] 1 missile[Spdx 0.98 Acc 40 Dec 50 Pitch 500 Yaw 500 Roll 250]
- (Tier 2) TIE/IN: 30k Resources ~40k mass [SP: 1 Guns] 1 missile[Spdx 0.97 Acc 40 Dec 60 Pitch 300 Yaw 300 Roll 200]
- (Tier 3) TIE-Bomber: 60k Resources ~190k mass [SP: 2 Guns] 2 missiles[Spdx 0.85 Acc 10 Dec 15 Pitch 50 Yaw 50 Roll 25]
- (Tier 3) TIE-In: 60k Resources ~50k mass [SP: 1 Gun] 1 missile[Spdx 1.0 Acc 40 Dec 60 Pitch 300 Yaw 300 Roll 150]
- (Tier 4) TIE-Adv: 80k Resources ~65k mass [SP: 2 Guns] 1 missile[Spdx 1.0 Acc 40 Dec 60 Pitch 300 Yaw 300 Roll 150]
- (Tier 4) TIE-Agg: 80k Resources ~120k mass [SP: 1 Gun MP:+1] 1 missile[Spdx 0.95 Acc 20 Dec 30 Pitch 150 Yaw 150 Roll 75]
- (Tier 5) TIE-Opp: 150k Resources ~170k mass [SP: 2 Guns] 3 missiles[Spdx 0.9 Acc 35 Dec 35 Pitch 100 Yaw 100 Roll 50]
- (Tier 5) TIE-Dec: 150k Resources ~5m mass [SP: 0 Guns MP:+2] 3 missiles[Spdx ?? Acc 5 Dec 5 Pitch 50 Yaw 50 Roll 37.5]
- Lady Luck AKA Sorosuub 3000 N/A Resources ~??? Mass[SP: ? MP+?] ? missiles[Spdx 0.8 Acc ? Dec ? Pitch ? Yaw ? Roll ?]
All 6 Textures
The Sorosuub3000 was given as a veteran reward to anyone who has played for more then 180 days.
- (Tier 5) Fire Spray: 150k Resources ~210k mass [SP: 2 Guns] 2 missiles[Spdx 0.9 Acc ? Dec ? Pitch ? Yaw ? Roll ?]
Official All 6 Textures
The Firespray schematic is not given at master shipwright, for information as to how to get it, see the Firespray questions here.
Every Master Pilot gains certification in it.
Kosa has created an interesting texture viewing page here. Check it out.
Information I'm still looking to add
Information I'm looking for: Reward info, Mission details.
Do you get sent to a new planet for the Master Mission?
How many missions exactly are there at each level?
Pictures for the TIE-LD and the TIE\In
v1.0 Edit Notes: Reduced font size and dropped colours. Added note about mutual exclusivity of pilot factions. Added locations of Recruiters. Added overt/covert info and Prestige point info. Dropped font size to small. Added squadron names and more locations. Added a link to droid information. Split up the process into tiers and added lots of information. Added reward information. Split trainers and pilot wps. Added a note on squadrons. Changed the name since this is becoming a guide. Started adding questions, may turn that section into a FAQ.
v1.5 Edit Notes: Added a ship section. Will be reorganizing shortly for v2.0. Added hard cap info on the ships
v2.0 Edit Notes: Reorganized the whole thing and formalized the FAQ. Added Spdx modifier, added some pics. A whole lot more pics added.
Message Edited by SSSnuggles on 12-19-2004 02:18 PM