Tailoring Top Issues as of 11/10/04
By NJ62, Tailor correspondent
Prioritized top 5
1. Replace limited palettes (boots, wookiee wear, dusters, etc) with full 255-color palette for all items (Old Issue)
For a long time, tailors have been hoping to get rid of the secondary palettes and use the primary palette for all items. Expanded colors for the limited palettes was #4 of our December top 5. The single most difficult problem is matching, and customers often request items such as red boots, which we cannot make.
If it is not possible to standardize the palettes because it would retroactively change the colors of existing items, perhaps it would be possible to add the 255-color palette onto the end of the existing limited palettes, like additional colors were added to the end of the image designer palettes.
2. 0 Condition Decay: Clothing should not be equippable at 0 condition or 1/1 and bonuses should not work (Old issue)
Because clothing is equippable, and bonuses work, when the clothing decays to 0, nobody will ever have to replace their clothing, or, for that matter, find new skill tapes – even if they do hunt in that item. (The reason I mention 1/1 is that a failed repair can leave an item at 1/1 and it has technically not decayed to 0/0 and never will – we don’t want people trying to avoid getting to 0/0 by intentionally failing repairs to get a 1/1 item).
3. Increase the current item socketing rate. (Old Issue)
Tailors would like the socketing system reevaluated and have a more reasonable system implemented. Under this system implemented when wookiee armor was introduced, a tailor will not begin to see a single socket until "Tailoring 3" and a master tailor gets 4-sockets approximately 10% of the time, and an average of 2 sockets. A more reasonable system would have a small chance of 1 socket at tailoring 1, with master tailors getting exclusively 3 and 4 socket items (with the occasional "crit fail" of a 2-socket item).
4. Additional permanent schematics (Old Issue):
Tailors want new permanent schematics that are not tied to loot drops.
New Schematics that are not in the game (Original List Compiled by Kwee).
o Fedora (like Indiana Jones)
o Queen Amidala headwear
o Pilot helmets from movies
o Veils (for wedding & dancing use)
· SHIRT/UPPER BODY
o Tank top – Like Ubese top (Solid & mesh)
o Han Solo’s vest
o Formal (open to show off shirt/tie) suit jacket (plus matching slacks or Tux)
o Zippered rubber cat suit
o Leather look bodysuit
o Socks (sports ankle & knee length)
o Loose straight leg pants
· WOOKIEE WEAR
o Long skirt/dress for female Wookiees
o More wookiee clothing in general
· SKIMPY CLOTHING
o Exotic leotard pants for men
o Visible rings
o Slave collar
o Lace up to elbow
o High-heeled skin-tight knee-high boots
o Thigh-high boots
o Platform knee-high boots
o Strappy formal sandals (wrap around ankle)
o Arm wraps/bands (lower and upper arm)
o Bow tie (separate item)
o Dyeable feminine satchel
o Slinky, ankle length, spaghetti straps, slits up sides
o Skin-tight, thigh length, halter top, plunging back
Recently Requested items: Inspired by Ithorian Gear
Tailors really like the new Ithorian gear, and would like new schematics for all races that look like the new Ithorian gear. New schematics can include retexturization of old schematics, inspired by Ithorian wearables (i.e. give an existing item a pattern or texture). In particular, the following items are highly desirable, mostly because of the patterns, fading coloring, or shiny texture:
· Jazzy Jacket (we LOVE this jacket!)
· Mystic pants (pattern envy)
· Mystic shirt (more pattern envy)
· patterned skirt
· Fade-dye shirt
· frilled jacket
· Priest's robe
· Tech Jacket
· Newsboy Hat (they just think this is cool!)
· Racing gear hat
5. Factional Gear (new issue)
Tailors wish to be able to craft factional uniforms, regular clothing that shows factional affiliation, or embroider factional insignia onto existing items.
6. Expand our "standard" color palette (i.e. the one used for most clothing items) to include new colors. (Old issue)
In order to facilitate the discussion, I will be referring to the palettes by letter as they appear on this chart. The standard palette is palette D.
· Yellow: we lack a "primary color" yellow (i.e. HTML color FFFF00) on the main palette (Palette D). The current yellow on the main palette (Palette D) is a mustardy color that fades out into a pale baby yellow, but never achieves the saturation of a primary color yellow. A closer, better-saturated yellow (more of a "golden yellow") is available on the "leather" palette used for boots (Palette A).
o This is the current mustardy yellow available for the bulk of the items (Palette D)
o We would like to add a primary color yellow (HTML color FFFF00) to the main palette (Palette D). If it's not feasible to provide a true primary yellow, then perhaps it is possible to add the already-existing golden yellow (which is currently in Palette A) to the main palette (Palette D).
· Deep Red: the dress robe has a different palette from the other garments (Palette F) and in that palette there is a deep dark red, which the tailors have requested in addition to their "fire engine red."
o This is the current fire engine red
o We would like to add this deep red from Palette F to the main Palette D
· Aqua: there is an aqua color in the metallic palette (Palette C) which the tailors have requested added to the main palette (Palette D).
· Additional darker versions of existing colors (deep blue, deep purple) have also been requested.
· Neon colors: To match the ID colors.
7. Outstanding Clipping & Fitting issues (old issue)
· NEW: Extremely Revealing Skirt clips the thighs and the legs terribly when moving.
· Low Cut Top has dent in left side of exposed torso area
· Legs poke through the Two-Tone Formal Skirt, both when running and when sitting (with legs crossed).
· Silver pendant does not layer correctly with luxurious gown, neck scarf hides it.
· Back packs do not layer correctly with cloaks, causing clipping to occur.
· Bikini leggings worn by men let the skin appear on the thigh and legs when they move.
· Rebel Marine Backpack does not show up when wearing with Gunman's Duster.
· Necklaces for the most part do not fit well around the neck and often float
· Jackets on Females do not seem to scale properly, making waist line unnaturally small, shoulders over-padded.
· Luxurious Dress and Decorative Belt do not display colors correctly from a distance where the quality shifts to low-grade mode. Turning the item either white or color 1 when worn
· Belts and bandoliers in general do not fit correctly around the waist, usually looking very bulky or floating inches away from the waist. They also expand to wear over the jacket where they should wear under the jacket or robe or fit snug instead of bulky.
o What’s weird about this is that mabari or padded armor belts fit perfectly and don’t "hula hoop". Similarly, ubese bandoliers also fit normally. The tailors are losing the belt market to the armorsmiths, particularly since armor belts and bandoliers don’t decay and hold armor tapes.
· Metal Color Bleed on Councilman's Robe: seems that the underside of the belt of this robe bleeds out onto the gown itself. Also bleeds around the cuffs.
· Short Robe reveals naughty bits when seated
· Noble's skirt shows thighs and a bit of derriere when running
· Doctor's dress shows backs of boots when running
· cloaked dress shows backs of boots when running
8. Additional BE tissues: Combat and non-combat related (new issue)
Tailors would like additional tissues so that bioengineered clothing is more viable.
· Defenses: Poison, disease, knockdown, blind, dizzy, fire
· terrain negotiation
· droid tracking for BH
· combat medicine effectiveness
· ranged defenses
· ranged aim bonuses
· surveying bonus
· artisan experimentation
· slicing bonus for smugglers
· mind buffing enhancement
· harvesting bonus
· DNA sampling bonus
· Trapping bonus
· Crafting assembly and repair mods
9. Add in a "numbering" system to our color grid to make matching easier. (Old issue)
Tailors are interested in a grid so that each color is assigned a number. These numbers would appear in a box in the crafting window when a color was selected. A tailor could choose to then include the color code in the name of the item for matching purposes. It would be even better if the color were "assigned" to the item as a stat, so when you examine the item, you could see the color code (just as when you examine a weapon you can see all its pertinent stats).
10. Add Storage to Bandoliers because they occupy a backpack slot (Old issue)
Currently combatants must choose between inventory space and a bioenhanced item of clothing (the bandolier). Tailors would like to be able to craft bandoliers with storage.
Issues 11-27, prioritized (roughly)
11. Additional options for reinforced panels in clothing in order to facilitate combat-related BE tissues going into clothing. (Old issue)
· There are few items that require reinforced fiber panels, yet those items hold the most popular (combat-related) tissues. It is very difficult to put together a combat-enhanced outfit, yet those are the most requested.
· Because so few items take reinforced fiber panels, everyone who has BE clothing "looks the same" and it’s frustrating to a tailor’s sense of style.
· The items that have reinforced fiber panels never require two separate-slot panels. This means that you can only get one combat bonus per garment. In contrast, many items have 2 separate slots for synth panels, making it much easier to stack medical bonuses into items.
· There are no hats that take reinforced fiber panels (but plenty that take one or more synth cloths).
· Wookiee gear lacks reinforced fiber panels.
o only one wookiee garment requires a reinforced fiber panel (Wookiee Shoulder Pad).
o With the wookiee shoulder pad & a bandolier, wookiees may only have 2 bonuses total (other species can usually have 4: pants, shirt, jacket, bandolier)
o The Crested Battle Padding and Wookiee Battle Padding are both field gear items and should take one or more reinforced fiber panels.
o Wookiees need a "skirt" option with a reinforced fiber panel in order to correct this disadvantage, so that a wookiee would be able to gain 3 combat bonuses. Currently there are no skirts in the field wear line, so this would require a new art item.
12. Clothing Color Pallette Displaying White as only option for color 1 or 2 depending: needs to be replaced with a full palette. (Old issue)
Several items have 1 palette offering no options except white, but it’s clear that there is supposed to be a palette there.
· Fighter Flight Suit
· Heavy Flight Suit
· Trader Flight Suit
· Transport Flight Suit
· Luxurious Gown
· Pleated Dress
· Light Bustier
· Ammo Bandolier (The bandoliers were in the patch 9 patch notes as having the "white secondary color" bug fixed – however I tested both the mercenary and multipocket shortly after patch 9 and they were not in fact fixed)
· Mercenary Bandolier
· Multipocket Bandolier
· (there may be more now with Ithorian Clothing)
13. If it’s not feasible to expand the palettes, then the following items that mis-color must be addressed (which would not need to be addressed if the palette for all items were 1 standard palette, as in issue #1). (Old issue)
· The exotic leotard should come in the full palette
· Luxurious Dress: The Lace uses the leather pallet, it should use the full palette
· Sigled Waist Wrap: The Leather flap has the master color range and the skirt exterior does not. These two should swap
· The Desert Command Jacket should come in the full spectrum and not the leather palette
· The Smock should come in the full spectrum, and not the leather palette.
· The two strap bandolier only comes in shades of pukey pink, brown, and that’s about it. The palette was recently stealth-expanded to include more shades of peach and pink and tanish, but… that’s just weird, because it’s basically a lot more of the same.
· The Long formal jacket comes only in gray and shades of gray
14. Sort Schematics by Race (new issue)
o Blah blah
15. Increase Crate size (new issue)
Tailors would like the crate sizes increased to 100 or more, for inventory reasons.
16. Label gender and race restricted clothing in examine window & in vendor description (along with the number of sockets & other such info) (Old issue)
§ As it is now, a buyer has no idea whether he or she will be able to equip a particular item. Many times it is counterintuitive, such as with the grand healer robe, where many males wish to wear a hooded garment, or female rodians assume that they can wear it. Males can wear some skirts, and not others.
§ It would also be helpful if clothing were labeled with what it cannot be worn with (i.e. a bodysuit would worn "cannot be worn with cloaks or jackets") – that is, if the problem of equipping them together cannot be corrected. (see #19)
17. Fix outstanding publish 6 bugs (Old issue)
A. Equipping issues
Wookiees and Ithorians cannot wear the crafting aprons. They might rip off my arms.
B. Useless bonuses
The demolitionist belt adds bonuses to Grenade Assembly and Grenade Experimentation, which are useless since Commando crafting was removed from the game
C. Crafting ingredient problems
Several items require crafting tools as ingredients. However it is impossible to see whether a crafting tool has decayed. Tailors are getting error messages that the tools are too damaged to use in the schematic.
D. Left-out professions
: Some professions got no love from the schematics, when their crafting or entertaining counterparts do.
o Combat medic
18. Implement use-based decay (Old issue)
Tailors request a reasonable rate of decay: Clothing should decay ONLY when equipped and ONLY when the avatar is logged on. Under the current system, if an item is not worn hunting, it never decays. This means that clothing that is not carried on one’s person when one dies will never decay, but can be worn forever.
(Though tailors seem to be in agreement that use-based decay is a favorable idea, they disagree about whether experimentation and resource quality should affect the overall durability of an item. Mostly, tailors are concerned with time issues, because already they make clothing by hand, and now they would have to spend more time in both resource hunting and experimenting in item creation. Many tailors think that tailoring appeals to them as casual players because it’s "fun" and it doesn’t require math, or time-consuming marriages to resource shifts. Tailors are also concerned that new clothing would start out with sub-1000 stats, making the existing clothing "pre-nerf". Because this would dramatically change the tailoring way of life, I would err on the side of the status quo in the face of split community opinion.)
19. Allow clothing that "makes sense" to be wearable together OR label them appropriately (Old issue)
· Jackets should be wearable over body suits & Dresses
· Long Gloves should be wearable over Jackets (especially since some jackets do not have longsleeves i.e. the Dress Uniform Jacket)
· If it cannot be worn together, it should be labeled as such
· Tailors have also requested that they be able to wear vests under cloaks for a more "layered" look.
20. Re-categorize selected misclassified items (Old issue)
Some items are classified inappropriately (independent of the concerns in #11), causing customers difficulty in locating them on the vendor. (Yes, I know it has to do with clothing slot issues, but these items are so counterintuitive that tailors get tells asking for help with categories because buyers cannot find some of the most popular items.)
· The exotic leotard should be classified as a "bodysuit" not a "dress"
· The Gunman Duster should be classified as a "jacket" not a "robe".
· The Smock should be classified as a "robe" not a "dress". (It’s male-only and men don’t naturally look under "dresses")
· The Dress Robe should be classified as a "robe" not a "jacket".
· The Short Skirt should be classified as a "skirt" not "pants"
· The Short Wrap should be classified as a "skirt" not "pants"
· NEW: The wookiee smock should be categorized as "wookiee wear" not "robe".
21. Fix clothing vendor categories: clothing categories are "empty" because items do not exist in game. (Old issue)
· Eyewear: currently no eyewear. We would love to have eyewear, but if that is never to be (alas) we would like this category removed to prevent confusion
· Capes: Again, currently no capes. We would love to be able to make capes in the future, but if that is never to be, it’s very frustrating to have customers insist that such things do exist because of a category on the vendor.
22. Make satchels craftable and not visible when equipped (Old issue)
The fashionable dancer or tailor does not like to wear a backpack, yet these people like to carry around a lot of items (for crafting or just clothing).
23. Non-master tailors can only colorize options 1 and 2, even when the item has 3-4 colors (Old issue)
Non-master tailors can make items that have 3 colored areas, but only be able to customize 2 of them. They cannot customize the third area until master. This makes the schematics useless to them until they hit master.
24. Retexturize certain items (Old issue)
· Infiltrator leggings & Infiltration suit: while it is not desirable to have players dye them fleshtoned and look nekked, right now these items look "splashed with mud" and look horrible in light colors
· The suit jacket has a texture that causes it always to look "too dark" and it's difficult to match. It looks dirty in white. It could be shifted to be more like the patterned slip dress and keep its shiny look while taking color properly
· The simple vest always looks washed-out in dark colors
· The noble's skirt is problematic because the peach side-panels interfere with colorization
25. Certain items, no matter how many times we craft them, do not produce sockets (Old issue)
· Grand ball Gown
· Tech Pack (Not sure if backpacks are supposed to have sockets, since they can’t be skilltaped – but all the others can have sockets).
26. Reduce hide requirements for Winged Hawtpants (new issue)
No other schematic requires that much hide. The most hide required in a schematic is 80 hide. Winged hawtpants require 400 hide. This is excessive based on what
27. Miscellaneous Bugs (Old issue)
· Rodian females cannot wear the Grand Healer Robe (though this was fixed for Trandoshan and Bothan females).
· Sockets in backpacks are non-functional (are they supposed to take skill tapes?)
· Mon cal cannot wear long gloves (Intentional because of arm shape?)
· New: Wookiees can no longer wear a chef apron and gloves