Reply 1 of 371
Viewed 15710 times
1. Sabers require looted items to craft. i.e. pearls and force crystals.
- There rshouldn't be an economy driven market just to craft a saber. Uber loot in the form of Krayt pearls is nice, but Jedi need a way to craft and maintain their sabers that doesn't force them off their Jedi and onto a money making machine alt. We should not have to log off to play a different character and kill meatlumps for 50 hours to get 2 or 3 crystals.
- Solutions such as letting jedi craft their own force crystals, or to make pearls and force crystals optional components, or a Jedi /forage ability could all help to alleviate this issue.
NOTE: Publish 7 will change crafting so that rare components such as pearls, crystals, sabers etc are returned if crafting fails
2. Jedi Combat. Jedi have absolutely 0 defense vs. any state condition. Compounding this fact is the inabillity to remove all status effects while knocked down, therefore Jedi are currently fodder for the kd+dizzy combo. In addition, all status effect attacks pass through blocks, so in the rare instance a Jedi does block, she will still be stunned, dizzied or bleeding. There is also no ranged or melee damage mitigation which every other combat class in the game gets.
- Jedi need Melee defense at least! Ranged would be nice however if the saber blocking is fixed we could live with just melee.
- Jedi need resistances to state effects sprinkled througout the Jedi trees.
- Jedi need to be able to clear states even while knocked down as their Force Power dictates
- Ranged and melee damage mitigation should both be added throughout the trees, perhaps level 1 at padawan, 2 at Knight, and 3 at master.
- Bleeding is not possible to stop until Jedi Guardian, a minor stop bleed should be added earlier
- Status effects pass through our counterattack
- Jedi are forced to wear full composite armor and rely on doctor buffs. Innate resists/innate armor resistance and a meditate ability similar to TKM sprinkled throughout the Jedi trees culminating in a high AR and resists at Master would go far in making Jedi the crazy death dealing hermits we are supposed to be. Balance this with force penalties while wearing armor as appropriate.
- Combat titles and badges also present a special problem and easily identify us to anyone that examines us.
- Force powers have ridiculously long animations. As a side note: some of the animations like force knockdown make no sense, nor are they anything like the movies.
- Novice Jedi Knight's (Apprentice) only get +3 to two handed saber accuracy, this is obviously an easy fix and should be +30 like all other trees
- Jedi should be able to "sense" danger using the force. From being stalked by a creature to bounty hunters riding up on swoops we need some feeling that the force is with us apart from standard combat powers
3. Saber blocking is way too low and does not block melee attacks . By Padawan a Jedi should be blocking a good amount of attacks, which should then slowly ramp up to master. As it stands, the blocking mods, which currently are the *only* defense a Jedi has, do relatively nothing until Jedi Knight which realistically most Jedi will never achieve.
- If the saber blocking mods were inverted this would solve the problem for the most part. Everyone wants to be like Luke Skywalker, and the first thing he learned was how to block blaster fire. Blocking lasers is the heart of a Jedi for most people, and right now this is very broken.
- Reflecting fire back at an attacker is part of being a Jedi. Jedi are known for their Defensive abillities and lightside Jedi specifically are taught to only use the Force in defense, never attack. This abiliity is what made many of us want to be a Jedi in the first place. It has been shown that even at the highest saber ability there is no counterattack function.
- Saber blocking also does not work on melee attacks.
4. Lightsaber Repairs,Decay. and damage type: "A Jedi will have the abillity to maintain their lightsaber." Decay and Repairs are the two glaring inconsistencies with our Lightsabers (besides damage type). Our sabers decay like any other weapon, which they should not according to everything we know about lightsabers. In addition lightsaber repair functions just like any other weapon, which is also completely out of line with the care and devotion Jedi are said to have toward what one Jedi said, "is your life."
- Jedi need the ability to repair their lightsaber with 100% sucess. We don't want sabers that last a week then are thrown in the garbage, this goes against everything we believe a saber to be. One or two sabers(of each type) over the course of a Jedi's life is all we should ever need.
- If repairs are fixed, decay no longer becomes an issue. If repairs are not fixed, then we request that the condition of a lightsaber be dramatically increased to account for the supposed constitution of a lightsaber.
- Damage Type Issues:
- Lightsabers are supposed to cut through anything except for Cortosis weave armor like a hot knife through butter, yet we are wielding a weapon that can be 90% resisted by composite armor + AR1 which is a gigantic reduction in damage.
- Adding a special damage type, and increasing the AP of lightsabers to AP3 would be fantastic..
- Force powers are based off the lightsaber both in damage type and amount. The better your saber, the more damage a power like force lighting will do, which is inappropriate. In addition other skills deal kinetic damage just like a saber: Mind Blast supposedly "invades an attackers mind" yet bumps into the helmet on their way in!
4. Lightside vs. Darkside: There is a reason Jedi chose the Light or Dark side apart from Ethos, the Dark side is supposed to be quicker and more seductive.
Balance the Force Power & Force Regeneration amounts to be of equal effectiveness for both sides.
Change the Saber crafting system to be different for both sides, as it was in the continuity.
- Currently, Dark Jedi end up with +30 Force Regeneration.
- Currently, Light Jedi end up with +58 Force Regeneration, which is almost twice as much.
- The 1000 extra Force Power Dark Jedi get to compensate is only about 15% more.
- almost 100% more Force Regeneration Vs. 15% more Force Power does NOT seem to be balanced.
- Either make the stats equal on both sides, give Dark Jedi More extra Force Power to compensate, or make the difference between the two regeneration rates less, to balance it out.
Give each side some new, unique skills, that the other side doesn't have, to make each fit its role better.
- Light Jedi foraged for crystals.
- Dark Jedi crafted synthetic ones. Only Dark Jedi used Red sabers.
- Pearl colors can be optional for either side
"A Jedi uses the force for knowledge, and defense, NEVER to attack." -Yoda-
- Light Jedi should be the Masters of Defense, and their force skills should reflect this.
- Give Light Jedi a reduced force cost to all healing skills.
- Give a force cost penalty for using offensive skills, such as Lightning, Choke, Weaken, and Intimidate.
- At Light Jedi Apprentice, grant the ability to forage for crystals.
- Allow this "quest" to be done only once per day.
- /crystalsense - gives the Jedi a random planet to travel to, where they may try to find a crystal.
- /crystalfind - upon arriving at the designated planet, this command will generate a waypoint on that planet. Upon reaching the waypoint, the ability is used again. Make it possible to take several attempts to find the exact crystal location (kind of like a treasure map, only you won't be finding a CDEF pistol and 1 unit of crappy metal). Upon finding the "true" crystal location, a message is given, indicating so.
- /crystalextract - The Jedi uses the force to extract the crystal from deep underground. This takes several minutes, during which the Jedi cannot move, or perform any other actions, without aborting the attempt. Using this ability gives the Jedi a TEF. Depending on the final location of the crystal, the Jedi may or may not find it worth the risk to extract it. Allow crystals to be found anywhere, even within municipal zones.
- Make these crystals most likely to be Blue or Green, the two most commonly seen colors.
- Yellow, Orange, Purple, and Brown should be possible to find, but much less likely. This would add to the coolness effect of having a "rare" saber color.
- Make these crystals untradeable, to prevent people from farming these to sell (Jedi should have no need for money anyway).
- Grant 10,000 Jedi xp for a successfully extracted crystal. This will give Jedi a way to earn xp, other than by running around killing stuff all the time, and would compensate the Jedi for the amount of time spent finding the crystal, which could potentially take up to an hour or more. The "once per day" rule would keep this from being farmed.
- Modified Power: Jedi Mind Trick - Jedi try to avoid conflict wherever possible, and this should be their main tool for doing so. Keep its current functionality when used on pets, but add the following effect: when used on any player, it renders that player unable to attack the Jedi for 30 seconds. Give this power the following restrictions:
- Can only be used on one player at a time, with a cooldown of a couple of minutes.
- Will not work on Other Jedi (Obviously).
- Master BH cannot be mind tricked.
- New Power: Force Absorb - When activated, provides a chance to absorb incoming force power attacks, from Player Dark Jedi, and from NPC's such as Nightsisters. 0-10% chance at Apprentice, 10-25% chance at Knight, 25-50% chance at Master. If absorbed the force attack can "heal" the force pool of the Jedi
- New Power: Force Area Heals - Heals all same faction members/group members within a 8m radius of the Jedi. The force cost of these heals should be proportionate to the difference in mind cost for a CM use a single vs. an area heal as a ratio of force cost relative to single target heals.
- These would be for damage only, not wounds.
- Heal Health Area at Guardian Healing 1.
- Heal Action Area at Guardian Healing 2.
- Heal MInd Area at Guardian Healing 3.
- Heal All Area at Guardian Healing 4.
- Total Heal Other would remain Single Target only.
- New Power: Force Focus - A Jedi should be able to calm their mind in the middle of battle, concentrating all their efforts on their own defense. This skill, when active, should make the Jedi much harder to hit, damage, and knock off balance.
- Apprentice: +9 Lightsaber Block, +10 Melee/Ranged Defense, 15% reduction to all damage inflicted, +10 All State Defenses
- Knight: +18 Lightsaber Block, +20 Melee/Ranged Defense, 25% reduction to all damage inflicted, +20 All State Defenses.
- Master: +30 Lightsaber Block, +30 Melee/Ranged Defense, 50% reduction to all damage inflicted, +35 All State Defenses.
- Keep in mind these numbers would assume that some level of natural defenses/damage mitigation are given to Jedi, and these would be a BOOST to those levels. Otherwise, the numbers would need to be higher for this to be an effective skill.
"Use your aggressive feelings! Let the hate flow through you!!" -The Emperor-
- Dark Jedi should be the Masters of Offense, and their skills should reflect this.
- Give Dark Jedi a reduced force power cost for all offensive powers
- Give a force cost penalty for using healing skills, such as Battle Fatigue, Wound Heals, and Damage Heals.
- Give Dark Jedi Schematics for Crafting their own Red Force Crystals.
- Make the damage and speed statistics on them superior to regular Force Crystals.
- Make these crystals untradeable. Dark Jedi should NOT be crafting crystals for their initiate friends who have not fallen to the Dark Side, or selling them to Light Jedi
- Apprentice: Grant a schematic for a Red Force Crystal.
- Knight: Grant a schematic for a Superior Red Force Crystal.
- Guardian: Grant a schematic for a Red Twin Force Crystal
- Pearls would still be useable by Dark Jedi
- New Power: Force Drain - Transfers the targets HAM pool to oneself
- These would cause damage to the target, and return a % of the damage done to the target to the Dark Jedi's own pool.
- Force Drain Health at Guardian Healing 1.
- Force Drain Action at Guardian Healing 2.
- Force Drain Mind at Guardian Healing 3.
- Force Drain All at Guardian Healing 4.
- New Power: Force Stealth - This could work in several ways, depending on what is possible, and easiest to code. It might even be possible to include all three of these (such as /forcestealth1, /forcestealth2 and /forcestealth3), so that it would be harder for another player to catch on (besides, deception takes many forms).
- #1 - Hide the Dark Jedi's dot from the radar.
- #2 - Make the Dark Jedi's radar dot a different color to fool anyone that would be looking. For instance, make his name and dot purple to the player looking at it, even though that Dark Jedi might be TEFed and would still be targetable (the person looking might not figure out he is TEFed, or not figure out soon enough for the Dark Jedi to escape)
- #3 - Remove the Dark Jedi's name from over his head, or replace it with a Fake, randomly-generated NPC name and title.
- New Power: Force Rage - Harnessing the power of their anger, Dark Jedi unleash a devastating flurry of attacks against their opponent. When used, this should give the Dark Jedi greatly increased Movement Speed, Attack Speed, Attack Damage, and the ability to knock their opponent off balance. Grant this skill at Apprentice, and make its effectiveness increase with level.
- Apprentice: 20 second duration, +10 1H/2H Lightsaber Speed, 20% bonus to all damage inflicted, and 10% chance of Knockdown added to all basic attacks.
- Knight: 35 second duration, +20 1H/2H/PA Lightsaber Speed, 40% bonus to all damage inflicted, and 20% chance of Knockdown added to all basic attacks.
- Master: 60 second duration, +30 1H/2H/PA Lightsaber Speed, 60% bonus to all damage inflicted, and 30% chance of Knockdown added to all basic attacks.
Big thanks to ThePhilosopher for the Light Side vs. Dark side post, I took it upon myself to edit the post down to a submittable format (a lot of the changes are Jedi changes in general and we need to focus on Light Side Vs. Dark Side) and I also changed most of the numbers and removed ideas that were either based on opinion or were unecessarily complex.
For comparison the original post can be read HERE
This is not final by any means, I need feedback on every single item on this list from everyone. The suggestions of Quests and Jedi content, Overt/TEF/starting faction issues, Apprenticeship XP, and fake badges and titles are all right behind these 5 issues currently.
And "Force Sense" was added to the combat tree, I figured it was better to slip it in then use a whole item on it.