SPEED PRODUCING NADES
Here are some of my tips on how to reduce the time it takes to produce a crate of grenades and bring it to market.
First, you will need 3 Factories to Speed produce C12's and C22's. 4 Factories for Thermal/Imperial Det. 5 Factories for Protons. Grenades and there parts are VERY complex and that translates into a long time to produce. My Imperial Detonators are 408 seconds. That is like 4.7 days(not counting server downtime) to complete 40 crates of Imperial Detonators, after the time it took to make the parts.
Note: When you make the subcomponents, label them to avoid mistakes. "Warhead Fusing 1" and "Light warhead 1" representing the two subcomponents to make a C12. "Warhead Fuser 2" "Warhead Stablizing 2" "Medium Warhead 2" would be for Imperial Detonators, etc. The purpose of the labels is so that if you have 10 factories running parts and grenades you know where they go at a glance.
- Start production of the Subcomponents using one factory for each part.
- One day passes then go pull one crate of each matching numbered part.
- Make a Grenade schematic with the matching numbered parts.
- Load Grenade Schematic and enough resources to make 1000 grenades in that factory. You will have enough grenade components for 999 finished grenades, but starting/stopping factories will sometimes eat a set of resources. By having one set of extra resources in there it will help avoid that problem.
- Transfer the matching numbered components from the parts factories to the grenade factory.
- Be sure not to forget to turn on the factories, after you transfer parts over!
- Every day go to the factories and transfer the parts into the grenade factory. (this is why you need labels)
- You basically cut 10+ days to make a full 40 crate run into about 4'ish days. (on the Big nades)
- Process works on the little nades as well. Make a full 40 crate run in 2 days'ish.
Note: This has an added benefit, when producing the Larger munitions. For example: If you complete all the parts for Imperial Detonators that will leave you holding 3 sets of 40 crates of subcomponents(120 units). And as you know a Factory INPUT hopper(100 unit capacity) will not hold them all. By utilizing the extra factory you overcome the capacity problems and greatly reduce your production time on the larger munitions.
It's all about choosing the right resources. The better your resources the better your end products will be.
- Maximize your choices to get the most for the resources you have available.
- Look at the parts and see where your best numbers are.
- An OQ 750 + UT 750 steel is better than an OQ 950 + UT 450 steel on the end product.
- That OQ 950 steel may have DR 600 and be better served on a different part of the grenade.
- Why do I say this......ONE factory run of Imperial Detonators will burn up 157k units of Steel!!
- Unless you are setting on millions of resources you must be careful where you put your resources.
Message Edited by CarissaLeigh on 01-12-2005 10:52 AM