Ok having taken many Jedi missions I thought I would relate to those of you who may not know the ins and outs of the trade a few tips on how to survive. So below I have five points that you may want to conceder, along with each point is a small anecdote as well.
Note: I hunt Jedi for the thrill of the hunt, when the mark doesn’t have a clue its sort of depressing.
1. Don’t be predictable in your travels. I have stalked my marks sometimes for many hours or even days, and some of them will always use the same route to get from one place to the next. If you do that you are setting yourself up for an ambush. Vary your routine and use different shuttle ports.
2. Don’t park a buff bot at a place and use it more than once. I had a mark once that would always rebuff every 3hrs to 3hrs and 7 min at the same exact spot. When I got his routine down I just waited in a nearby building for his buff time to come up and when it did I stepped out and killed him. Moral of the story don’t use a buff bot in the same place all the time.
3. Don’t use the lair double tap trick to get more xps. You might as well shot yourself for that one. When I come up on a lair that isn’t touched, but all the mobs are dead I store my bike and move off 256 meters from the lair and wait for the waypoint to update back at the lair. Once the waypoint updates back at the lair I burst run in and open fire. Usually the mark is so surprised, not to mention confused by the mobs on them they stand little chance.
4. Don’t take missions all in the same direction every time. Many player cities especially on Dantooine are in hilly terrain. Players don’t like to run missions in the hills so they generally try for missions that take them out into the lowlands. I had a mark once that would only run missions to the south away from the hills out onto the plains. I watched him on the planetary map with my droids for an hour. Once I knew for sure he was always going to be south I got some buffs and placed myself in between his location and the mission terminal he was using.
5. If you don’t have force run 1 pickup novice scout. Having TKM as a secondary skill might look great on paper, up to the point where you can never catch a bounty hunter if there is any kind of terrain at all. Never ever underestimate terrain negotiation for saving your life or ending it. If you don’t have novice scout get it. On many occasions I have been able to kite my marks around on hills due to their total lack of terrain negotiation.
Well I hope my five points here can help some of you padawans to stand a chance, or at least improve the quality of the hunt. Good luck and see ya when you least expect it .
Thanks for the post! Not for the tips, because all of these should be common sense, but to re-assure me that there are many many noob jedis out there. I've been in a great situation since day one of jedi because i can only grind a few times a week, so i've never once been on the terms, or even close to it i'm sure. Nice to know i'm not behind on the grind despite doing it for many less hours per week.
Yup SonGouki patience is the watch word if you wanna score a kill. You can get down and dirty and just jump in head first, but thats sorta silly not to mention risky, though it is fun some times sorta gets the blood pumping when they whip out a VK or a geopistol on ya.
The key thing to remember is humans are creatures of habit and tend to do the same things over and over. I have found that catching a grinder about 2/3rds through a buff session is really good as well, they tend to sort of be semi-comatose, probably from the boredom of it .
Good pointers and advice for young Padawans to read and take it...keep up the good work btw...nice to see a skilled hunter out there interested in having fun and keeping the game that way for everyone.
Server: None Chosen
Not a MBH, but I'm inspiring to be one. But, I've worked with Bounty Hunters (BHs like /areatrack) and I am guilded with a few Jedi. Some basic survival tips, I think should be added.
I know a Jedi who has an alt account that is a Rifleman/CM. He has this account follow around his Jedi Padawan to help defend him from Bounty Hunters. Problem is that he's been seeing a LOT of same faction Bounty Hunters because then his alt can't help him out. His problem is that even though his alt is same faction (1/2 visibility), he still make visibility... thus, this poor padawan can't get off the terminals. I agree they need to make it so Jedi can group with friends (maybe first 5 people in your group don't count on visibility), but until they do... don't have your alt running around protecting you until AFTER you are on the terminals.
Read your galaxy's trade forums. Don't know how many Jedi I ran into at Rancor Valley when Dathomir Carnivore meat was selling for 50 cpu (Master Rangers can pull off over 400 units of meat off enraged bulls; do the math). Quenkers are the 'standard' grind animal, but I advise going elsewhere: Endor, Yavin, Dathomir. Stay away from people. That includes people that are harvesting. Hardly anyone goes to Endor or Yavin unless they are hitting POIs or harvesting something valuable on the planet. If something is valuable on a planet and there is a place it spawns in large quantities wild (Dath. carnivore Meat and Rancor Valley is the best example), DO NOT GRIND THERE!
Avoid solo groups... especially if people know you are a Jedi. Jedi are cool and people want to see them in action. They will use the group arrows to come watch. Yes, I know the payouts have been fixed, but people still solo group for grinding. Don't do it, begging for visibility.
If its not common knowledge that you are a Jedi AND you are not on the terminals, contact an armorsmith you know that can keep his/her trap shut and have them make you a crappy set of composite armor. Why? Anyone who walks into the mining outpost with buffs on and no armor is probably a Jedi... and if someone wants to grief you, they will follow you around to rise your visibility. Throw on the armor and equip a garbage weapon (T21, VKs, scatter pistol, anything high end; don't have to be certified, just want the weapon seen by others) and walk into town to get your missions. No one will think twice about you.
Basically, good guide to staying alive is to keep it on the low-low you are a Jedi and do what it takes to avoid the terms. Then you don't have to worry about BHs coming for you.
Jedi Master vs. MBH: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/
Trolling until Jan. 31, 2005 when my subscription runs out. DEAL WITH IT!
I can say that tip 2 especially shows me this guy is here for the JOB, not the grief. HE is not being punitive with this, he is stalking. I can support the BH's who are true stalkers and hunters, I cant show much love for the ones who's only jolies is in others frustrations.
Lazurk Autry 12 Point Weaponsmith Vendor Lazurk's Grenades Lazurk's Forge BarterTown Trading Post, Tatooine. (-1850, -4900)
I wrote a post a while back in the BH forums, asI was mortified, that someone was waiting 35 minutes for a Jedi to return while watching Seinfeld! I couldn't believe it, so went on a semi humorous rant about people that do such things. Well Every post there, surprisingly did not flame me, but explained just how hard it was to actually get a "human" player. I do not believe any one of those are griefer that responded. But basically everything you put in plain English, if you read into the responses to my post, they stated everything your saying. Thanks for the infomation, is very helpful, although my Jedi is still shelved. I think this information will strongly help the up and coming padawans, and if Every BH was of the same charatcer as you appear to be, I would be slicing up ST's just to get on the terminals looking for a fight with a skilled person. Five Stars to you my friend
Tact is the Art of Making a Point, without making an Enemy
I always enjoy seeing a BH take the profession seriously, instead of getting a group of 5 or so friends to try to take on a knight.your tactics seem to be inline with what i have said for monthes, be patient and oppertunistic.
*************************************************************************************************************** *edited by admin*