The READ ME FIRST Thread
- The Top FS Links
- The Five Steps to Jedi [A Concise FS Guide]
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Top FS Links
The Five Steps to Jedi
[A Concise FS Guide]
Step 1) Gain the Force
You must get 16 badges:
- 1 Profession Badge (any)
- 5 Content Badges (Five badges from: Imp Themepark, Jabba's Themepark, Nym's Themepark, Rebel Themepark, Warren, Corvette)
- 3 Jedi POI (Ben Kenobi's Hut (-4494 -2271) Tatooine, Jedi Temple (4184 5191) Dantooine, Exar Kun's Temple (5068 5538) Yavin IV)
- 2 "Difficult" POI (Ancient Krayt Skull (-4645 -4358) Tatooine, Krayt Graveyard (7456 4528) Tatooine, Great Pit of Carkoon (-6183 -3356) Tatooine, Fort Tusken (Pool in the Caves) Tatooine, Lesser Sarlacc Pit (-2091 3137) Dathomir
- 5 "Easy" POI (Any of those not listed in "Jedi" or "Difficult", if you're having trouble look at the Location Badge Checklist, Version 1.5)
Still confused? Check out the dedicated Guide to Glowing v1.6
Step 2)Entry Quest
After you feel an inner glow (/checkForceStatus will tell you "You feel an inner glow. The Force is with you.") you will be visited by the Old Man within about three days, just wait for him. You must converse with him and he won't wait around forever, so don't be in any long combat scenarios, nor go AFK. Just wait anywhere but an NPC city. That's right, keep waiting, resist the urge to post here about it, just have some patience. He'll talk to you and give you a force crystal (which is a journal).
Now you're waiting for a Sith attack, once again it will happen within about three days. They attack, you kill them. Do not loot them until they're both dead. Then loot them. You're hoping to get a Sith Datapad. If you don't get it, don't worry, just wait and they'll attack again. The datapad you loot from them will give you a Sith Camp WP with four Sith Shadows, kill them and you'll loot "a mysterious Datapad" which will direct you to the Village.
Step 3) The Village
You can only do one quest per phase, doing a quest unlocks a branch. You must train 6 branches to finish the Village. Unlocking is Phase dependent, training is NOT, you don't have to do it in the same phase you unlocked. If you are having trouble with the concept of a branch, read this. Each phase lasts approximately 3 weeks, to see the current phase look here. To use free unlocks (more info in the FAQ at the bottom) talk to Paemos.
I'm quite proud of my Guide to Aurilian Quests so check that out for complete Questing information. I'll cut&paste out a "what happens when" summary though:
[CP] = Combat Prowess 1) R Accuracy 2) M Speed 3) M Accuracy 4) R Speed
[ER] = Enhanced Reflexes 1) Survival 2) Vehicular Control 3) R Defense 4) M Defense
[HS] = Heightened Senses 1) Persuasion 2) Survey 3) Luck 4) Healing
[CM] = Crafting Mastery 1) Assembly 2) Technique 3) Experimentation 4) Repair
- R. Accuracy [+12] increases your accuracy with Ranged Weapons [currently not working].
- M. Speed [+12] increases your speed with Melee Weapons [Including Lightsabers]
- M. Accuracy [+12] increases your accuracy with Melee Weapons [Including Lightsabers]
- R. Speed [+12] increases your speed with Ranged Weapons [currently not working].
- Survival [+5 Camping/Foraging/Trapping/Mask Scent/Terrain Negotiation/Creature Knowledge/Harvesting] Camps/TN works without Scout
- Vehicular Control [Control +20, Speed +3] increases acceleration and turning.
- R. Defense [+20] adds ranged defense
- M. Defense [+20] adds melee defense
- Persuasion [+20] lower skill training costs, higher % pass of scans, any faction npc's will aid you if anything is aggroed
- Survey [+20] Gives you 64/64 surveying without Artisan, 384x384 if you have survey
- Luck [+4] More credits on loot, might help get better loots
- Healing [+10 Injury Treatment&Speed, +20 Wound Healing Dance/Music] Helps healing power (think stims), DOES NOT affect buffs.
- Assembly [+20] Increases your Assembly Roll
- Technique [+4] Decreases your failure rate on experiments
- Experimentation [+20] Increases your Experimentation Roll *DOES NOT GIVE EXTRA POINTS*
- Repair [+20] Increases your Repair Roll
My personal recommendations for skills: M. Def, R. Def, M. Acc, M. Spd, and two of your choice (I went with Luck & Vehicle)
After you have unlocked a branch you can train it up, to do this you talk to Paemos to convert the xp and Noldan to train, despite the fact that after getting the novice box it will seem like you can train any of the branches in that tree you cannot. Here are the conversion ratios for each XP type:
Combat Prowess: BH Investigation 1:1, Combat XP 3:1, [Any] Weapon 30:1, SL 90:1
Enhanced Reflexes: BH Investigation 1:1, Combat XP 3:1, [Any] Weapon 30:1, SL 90:1
Heightened Senses: Survival 5:1, Trapping 25:1, Scout 8:1, CH 9:1, DNA Sampling 3:1, Politician 3:1, Slicing 3:1, ID 7:1, Dancer/Musician/EH 10:1, Surveying 10:1, Merchant 4:1, Medical 10:1
Crafting: BE 4:1, General (Artisan) 8:1, Structure (Architect) 35:1, Rest (including Medical Crafting) 5:1
Step 4) Exit Quest
After you get your 6th fully trained branch you will be visited by the Old Man again, it works the same as the Entry Quest, just be patient. He'll give you a wp to Mellichae. Here's the deal, she's big, has 80% resist to everything except lightsaber, has 55k HAM, and likes swinging her saber, not to mention force lightning/choke. Also she's got friends, Daktar is also a 80% resister with 25k HAM (no saber on him though). There are also thugs, mercenaries and four crystals. The two green ones will heal the two red ones, the two red ones will heal Mel and Dak. So basically, blow up the green ones, then the red ones, then goto town on the randoms, Dak and Mel, more thugs will spawn when the crystals go down. And you must be alive when Mel dies to get the quest completion. This is definitely a mission to bring lots of friends on. If you do die, just log bounce or shuttle and the camp wp and Mel will respawn.
Step 5) Padawan Trials
If you succesfully kill Mellichae, you'll be directed to the closest Force Shrine (there are 4 on every planet, see a complete list here. You must go there and meditate (kneel down and select meditate from the radial option). You will then be given a quest, they take you to random planets, they happen in a random order, you must succesfully complete all 16 to become a Padawan. If you have a problem with a quest (commonly a needed person won't be at the wp) you can go meditate at any shrine to reset the quest and try again, if you fail 3 quests (reseting doesn't count as failing) you fail and have to restart the trials entirely. When I did this I'd say I had to reset about half the quests. Note that on the Kill 20 X trials you'll get a system message every time you kill one of the target creature. When looking for people /target [name] is helpful
A Jedi Must/Should...
- "gather all possible information before making a decision."
Talk to Kant, Talk to the Gungan he sends you too, let him keep the land, Return to Kant.
- "understand the motivations and desires of others without becoming emotionally involved."
Talk to Sathme, Talk to the assistant and get the supplies, return to Sathme tell her the assistant isn't coming back.
- "do everything possible to keep innocent civilians from being in danger."
Talk to Yvana, kill the cat she sends you too, Return to Yvana.
- "recognize chaos but not become a part of it."
Talk to Seevi, tell him no revenge.
- "always be willing to lend a helping hand whenever possible."
Talk to Pannaqa, talk to the drunk, take the part from the drunk back to Pannaqa
- "always display respect and dignity when interacting with others."
Talk to Grizzlo, Talk to the guy you're sent to in Mos Eisley, Talk to the guy you're sent to in Lok, take the ring back to Grizzlo
- "put aside personal feelings when aiding someone they might not find appealing."
Talk to Torin, Kill the guy he sends you to, return to Torin
- "remain calm in the face of emotion."
Talk to Erim, retrieve the blaster from the corpse she sends you to, return it to Erim.
- "always strive for understanding rather than blind faith."
Talk to Sola, Goto the dealer she sends you to, tell him "You found the wrong guy, stay away from Sola", he gives you the spice anyway, return to Sola, don't give her the spice until she tells you about her son.
- "be prepared to undertake that which others will not."
Talk to Par, Kill the Bull, Return to Par
- "be equally a public servant and a public defender."
Talk to Kaul, Kill the Mite, Return to Kaul
- "be willing to put himself in danger in order to do what is right."
Talk to Keicho, fight the man he sends you to, return the ring to Keicho.
- "be an able and courageous warrior."
Talk to Menchi, Kill 20 Baz Nitches [11k missions on Dath], Return to Menchi.
- "do whatever is possible to protect the natural order of the universe."
Talk to Luha, Kill 20 Sludge Panters [(158, -2511) (72, -3298) (-39, -2574) (405, -2376) (500, -3400) (986, -2975) outside Dearic are static spawns where one of the creatures that cycles in is Minor Sludge Panthers, kill whatever is there and you'll get Sludges, also the Village of Durbin POI is good], return to Luha.
- "understand that there are times when a greater good outweighs a lesser evil."
Talk to Braganta, Kill 20 Falumpasets [Lvl 25 Gungan Merc missions or around the Gungan Sacred Palace], Return to Braganta
- "Thanks to your progress thus far, you have been granted the rank of Jedi Initiate."
Craft a Lightsaber, Tune a colour crystal, in that order. [Note at this point you become a Jedi Initiate].
DO NOT tune a damage crystal, that must wait till you are a Jedi Padawan or you might become bugged.
When you finish the 16th trial you become a Jedi Padawan, get the Robe and unlock your second character slot (who is a completely new character with no abilities).
Step 6) Jedi what now?
You need to not be wearing ANY armour (this includes PSG's) to have your saber certification, so be sure to strip down. You really want to get the Novice Saber box first, this will greatly increase your xp abilities (It took me 7 hours to get Novice Saber, and about 30 minutes to get Novice Defender once I had NS). I recommend Corellian Dire Cats for xping. For more information head to the Jedi forums, I found this particularly helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are quite literally questions I've seen asked, or answered myself at least 3 times
- Why aren't I glowing yet?
Do you have all the necessary badges? Read the top of this post.
- Can I get glowy without doing the Corvette or the Warren?
Not in the current system, no. You need 5 content badges, and there are only 4 that aren't the vette or warren.
- I'm only at faint/surging/strong etc...
Generally you want to ignore the /check system early on, it has some issues, just get the necessary badges and you'll glow.
- Do I have to do the missions to get the Jedi Temple POI?
No, those are missions, you just need the POI.
The Old Man and the Sith
- How long do I have to wait for the old man?
Generally 1-3 days
- Why isn't he here yet?
Don't be inside an NPC city, if you are afk he will come and then go away cause you ignore him so don't be AFK.
- The old man came and then left, what do I do now?
Wait, he'll come back eventually.
- I want him to come now, where is he, why isn't he here, why do I have to wait, what's going on etc.
- I looted the sith datapad but it says "You must first loot this item before using it", what do I do?
Try putting it in your backpack and then taking it out, if that doesn't work wait for them to attack you again and this time kill them both before looting.
- What are those crazy loots I get from Sith for?
They're for crafting quests in Phase 2 & 3
- How many FS skills do I need, Is it 24 boxes or 6 branches?
6 Branches, If you are having trouble with the concept of a branch, read this.
- What do Master FS boxes do?
Right now? Nothing. No bonuses, no titles.
- Can I drop FS Skills?
Kind of, you can up until you start your padawan trials (we believe), after that you must always have 6 full branches.
- Can I pickup a seventh branch and drop a different one?
YES! Someone tried it here
- What's with luck not being in phase 2
Sometimes between TC and Live things change... since all we had to go on was TC information all the guides had Luck in phase 2, the good guides will update when new information comes along *insert shameless plug for my oft-updated guide*
- Will vehicle control help with JTL?
No. No. No. The devs have said on more then one occasion that no skills (other then pilot) will help JTL, purely twitch based.
- Do the FS skills help non-jedi?
- How many Skill Points does each box take?
0 pts for Novice and Master, 1 pts for everything else (So 24 for your 6 branches)
- What does the FS Skill X Do?
Did you even read the guide above?
- Will Speed help me?
Depends, if you're already speed capped (master TKA, master fencer) then no, otherwise yes. You do speed cap at Master Saber, but till then it's great
- What's the deal with Combat Prowess and Enhanced Reflexes taking the same xp?
The same things can be converted to them, but you cannot use CP xp to train ER skills, so be sure you convert to the right thing
- It looks like I can train all four skills in this tree, but I haven't unlocked any, what's up?
Despite the fact that you can see your progress to first level boxes on any tree you've trained novice, and even that you'll get a system message about qualifying. You can only train those branches that you have already unlocked.
- When can I unlock X? Who do I goto to unlock X? What do I have to do to unlock X? What is the reward?
Guide to Aurilian Quests
- Can I still train this branch even though I unlocked it last phase?
Yes, once a branch is unlocked, you can train it at any time, training is not linked to the phase.
- Can I do more then one quest?
One quest per phase, you can't abort it so be sure of your choice before you begin.
- How do I abort this quest and take another?
You can't, you don't.
- What happens if I do the quest after already unlocking that branch (through holo-unlocks)
You just get the reward. Note that you can't redo a quest once you have completed it the natural way (by doing the quest itself, not holo-unlocks). Here's part of the CSR response when I submitted a ticket about this problem, which I feel was very helpful and informative: "You cannot do the same mission over in a different phase. There may be a continuation of the quest with a different NPC, but you will not be able to do the same quest once it has been completed or the phase changes."
- How do I get back to Phase X?
After Phase 4 it cycles back to Phase 1
- When is the next phase? What phase is it now?
Each phase lasts approximately 3 weeks, to see the current phase look here
- What happens if I don't finish this quest when the phase switches?
You fail it. You must complete the quest before the phase changes or you fail it.
- How does grouping work for the mind crystal in phase 3?
I could just direct you to my lovely Guide to Aurilian Quests but I'll cut and paste this for the duration of this phase:
You can do this mission with another player in order to get the bonus reward (Power Crystal), The Captian will offer you the ability to do this partnership at the beginning, in this case one person lowers the shield and the other captures the commander. Both people are doing the mission, both will unlock and get rewards, neither can take other missions.
Padawan, Holocrons and Free Unlocks
- Do I need TKA meditate?
No, meditate is a radial option on the shrines
- It says to be more respectful, what am I doing wrong?
You must kneel before mditating
- I'm doing the padawan trials and my contact vanished! What do I do?
Goto a force shrine, meditate, and reset the trial (not restart the whole trials, just reset that one), you have to redo it.
- What order to the trials come in?
- Is the crafting trial the last one?
No, it generally happens around the middle
- When do I get my lightsaber?
When you become a Jedi Initiate, midway through the Padawan Trials, you have your very own training saber
- I only do 6 dmg with my lightsaber? What's up?
If you're wearing ANY armour (such as the helm with the robe) you lose the certification for the saber, no armour for you.
- Can you still use holo's to unlock?
No, that was in the old system, holo's now act as force stims for Jedi.
- How many free unlocks will I get
Depends how many of your 8 needed professions to get Jedi you did. Number of secret profs - 2 is the formula (so all 8 get you 6 unlocks, where as 3 gets you 1)
- Where do I get my free unlocks?
Talk to Paemos, it's the fifth option if you have unlocks [Don't forget to train right away or you'll have capping issues]
- I unlocked my jedi pre pub 9, do I get free unlocks?
- Can I convert Jedi xp into FS xp?
- Can I change my set of 6 FS branches after becoming Jedi?
YES! You must unlock and train up a 7th branch, and then you can drop one of your original 6.
- When do you get the new character?
After getting Jedi Padawan you can create a new character on the server. This is a completely blank character, equivalent to a new character on a new account.
- Can a BH hunt me?
Once you are a padawan, yes, till then, no. Goto the Jedi Forum and read up on visibility.
- So this new character will be my FS one?
NO! You are thinking of a system that hasn't existed since before publish 9. Your main is FS, if you really want you can take your new character along the same path you just travelled and both will be FS.
- How do I unlock the second slot if I'm not interested in Jedi
You don't, this is the Jedi system, not the unlocking-a-second-character system.
- Can't I just drop all the Jedi stuff after getting my second character?
No, you can't. You are going to have spent 24 SP that you can't drop
- Why can't I convert Shipwright/Pilot xp? What's the conversion rate on Shipwright/Pilot XP
There is no conversion rate, it can't be converted. I believe the idea is that space is seperate from the jedi system
That's it folks, if you spot any mistakes or have information to add please PM me or leave a comment here. If you have answered the same question three times, or have seen the same question three times, put it here so I can add it to the FAQ. Feedback (and ratings) are always appreciated, as are bumps .
Edit Notes: Became stickied, yay!
Message Edited by SSSnuggles on 12-19-2004 02:26 PM