Droids with play back modules
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST NOVICE MUSICIAN OR THE PLAYBACK OPTION WILL NOT APEAR ON YOUR RADIAL!
1. Put the droid in your group (not critical now but during playback you’ll need it in group just like any other musician if you want people to hear it when they /watch or /listen to you).
2. Select the instrument you want to be on the recording and put it in YOUR hand DON”T start playing yet.
3. On the droid radial select “Access playback module” and then select the “Track #” you want the recording to be stored in.
4. Now select “Record/Play” You will see the system message “Your droid is ready to start recording your music”
5. Now start to play the song you want the droid to learn with the instrument you selected and you will see a system message “Your droid has started recording your music”
6. Keep playing for a few seconds, you don’t have to flourish, but you can if you like flourishes will not be recorded only the base music. When you see the message. “Your droid has successfully recorded your music” you’re all done stop playing music and prepare to have some fun.
7. Ok now if you select the “track’ you just recorded and click “record/playback” your droid will start playing the song you recorded with the instrument you recorded the track with.
8. Now you can either play the same instrument or any other in your arsenal and your droid will play along with you. He will respond to /bandflourish and /bandflourish <instrument name>. So if you recorded his track with a Fizz you can /bandfloruish 1-8 fizz and only he (and any other fizzes in your band) will flourish. Someone already pointed out that if you /bandflourish off then your droid will respond to /bandflourish and your musician won’t
Ok so there you have it for the most part your new droid when part of the group will act exactly like any other human member of your group. Now for the fine print.
You CAN start playback and then start dancing and you will hear your new jukebox play music YEAH! If a customer comes in and /watches you he wont here the music though BOO! There has to be another human in group playing music so they can /listen. That person doesn’t have to be you though so that is a neat thing your droid can join the band and you can dance.
You CAN have someone record an instrument you can not play and use the droid to have that instrument in your song. Simply hand them the droid and let them record the song/instrument combos you want and have them return it to you.
You CAN have someone record a song you don’t know into the droid and play it back that’s neat but you can’t play the song so you can’t play along with it and if you read the first piece of fine print above you already know what that means.
If you /changeband the droid will follow the change just fine provided he knows the song. If he doesn’t know the song he will stop playing. The bad news comes when you switch to a song he does know he will start playing again, but won’t flourish. To get out of this stop and start your droid or the whole band your choice.
When you use /startband with your droid out in group or not sometimes the person who did /startband will receive no exp. fiddling around with stopping and starting seemed to get around this eventually don’t have full details yet.
Your droid DOES burn action when it flourishes making the poor mouse droid w tested a POOR choice because it only has 40 action and was begging for mercy soon after we started.
The only droid I know of that has 6 slots for modules is an r3 droid and 6 playback modules is all you’re allowed far as I know. I do recommend going with 5 playback modules and 10 units of storage if your already cramped for inventory space as then your droid can carry all your instruments for you and you will want them all now that you can use the droid for an extra band member. GO Rodie bot GO!
All in all I give the playback droids the Sultrina seal of approval BRAVO devs.