|There's already a great guide here by Akz on the Game Guides forum, but since one of the Rewards is beneficial to Combat Medics I figured I'd put a guide up as well.
First you must get access to the village. Utess has a great guide to becoming 'glowy' here on the Game Guides forum.
In order to obtain this quest, head to the Village of Aurillia on Dathomir(after becoming FS) and speak to the npc named Sivarra. She will tell you about the sick and injured folks and ask for your help. She will also provide you with the schematic. The schematic is not something physical she provides you in your inventory. It is simply something that will appear in your datapadd and be listed in the Food and Chemical Crafting tool during crafting. The item made from the schematic is the Cure that you will need in order to heal the patients.
note: the schematic WILL dissappear at the completion of the quest(15th patient healed)
- Master Medic to obtain the quest
- Droid with a Food & Chem crafting station installed
- High Quality Resources(OQ/PE Flora, OQ/UT Mineral)
- Low Quality Resources(OQ/PE Flora, OQ/UT Mineral)
- Doctor Crafting IV -OR- run the quest with a friend who has Doctor Crafting IV
What to do:
It's really an easy quest. What you will do, after talking with Sivarra, is speak to one of the Medical Droids in the area. The droid will give you a rundown of the symptoms the patient is expierencing, usually around 8-10 different ones.
All you need to do is craft a cure pack and drag/drop it onto the droid. Each cure pack will cure 1-2 of the symptoms at a time, so it will require more then one cure pack per patient.
There are three stats on each Cure Pack:
- Primary Attribute(what will be healed)
- Secondary Attribute(what will be healed)
- Side Effect(a symptom that will be applied to the patient)
Don't worry overly much about the 'Side Effect' category. It is usually something low level like 'Fever' or 'Vomiting' which can easily be removed.
Here is a listing of the Symptoms and the approximate Experimentation percentage you need to raise the Primary to in order to heal it::
- 3% = Fever
- 10% = Vomiting
- 20% = Open Sores
- 26% = Pus-filled Lesions
- 37% = Erratic Heart Rate
- 47% = Respiratory Failure
- 54% = Lost Vision
- 60% = Partial Paralysis
- 69% = Violent spasms
- 75% = Bloody Cough
- 83% = Swelling
- 92% = Internal Bleeding
You'll need the high quality resources to achieve the higher level symptom cures(such as 'Internal Bleeding'). However, the base crafted rate(using the high end resources) will never be low enough to cure the lower level symptoms(such as 'Fever'). And there is no way to lower the level of Cure.
This is why you bring both high and low quality resources so that you can achieve each level of cure needed.
The reason you need to either have Doctor Crafting IV OR run it simultaneously with a Doctor friend is that the higher end Symptoms oftentimes require a full 10 experimentation points.
note: you can make a factory schematic and run cures of the varying levels in a factory, but they will come out as singles, NOT Crated.
After successfully curing all the symptoms of a patient, the Droid will 'Reset' so that you can work on the next patient. Repeat as needed.
And finally, here are the rewards:
- Unlock a 'Senses' Branch after healing 5 patients. Note: talk to Sivarra after the 5th one or you will not get the unlock.
- CM Experimentation +5 "Ice Pendant" after healing an additional 5 patients(a total of 10). Note: talk to Sivarra after healing the 10th patient or you will NOT get the necklace.
- A 'Small Aurillian Plant' which is rumoured to bear 'miraculous fruit' when full grown after healing an additional 5 patients(total of 15). Click Here to go to the thread that discusses the Aurillian Plant and caring for it.
Hope this helps
edit: added clarification of the schematic. added reasoning for requiring Doc Crafting IV or having a Doc handy
edit2: added notations about the schematic poofing and factory crafting the cures. Also added link to the Plant Care thread.
Message Edited by vortexala on 09-13-2004 08:50 PM