First the disclaimer, I'm not an Armorsmith and I've never been one before. The following is information that I've gathered for constructing Mandalorian Armor, the famous armor worn by everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett. I posted this as a reply in another thread, but since a lot of people are going to start asking about this I thought I'd start a main topic on it. As we find out more about the armor and it's construction process I'll add it here so that there's one central location for the information.
- You need Bounty Hunter Armor as a required component for its corresponding Mandalorian Armor piece. So, for example, if you wanted to make a Mandalorian Helmet you would first need a BH Helmet. Bounty Hunter Armor pieces are looted from Black Sun Guards, which can be found in the Death Watch Bunker and as random spawns on the various "Adventure" planets (Endor, Dathomir, and Yavin IV). BH Armor has no Special Protections and is Vulnerable to Heat, Acid, and Stun. The resists on BH Armor can range from 11% to 90% base! There has also been a rumor that schemas drop for these pieces, but I haven't seen any hard evidence yet. There are 10 pieces of BH Armor, and thusly 10 pieces of Mandalorian Armor: Helmet, Chest Plate, Leggings, Boots, L&R Biceps, L&R Bracers, Gloves, and a Belt. All professions can wear BH Armor. It's unknown how/if the resists carry over into the final Manalorian piece.
- Mandalorian Armor also requires Allum mineral (retrievable from the Death Watch Bunker's mines), as well as Protective Coating and Binary Liquid (drops from Death Watch Mercenaries and possibly Black Sun Guards).
- Specific profession masters are need to make certain pieces. A Master Armorsmith is required to make the Chest Plate, Biceps, and Boots (4 pieces). A Master Droid Engineer is required to make the Helmet and Bracers (3 pieces). A Master Tailor is required to make the Leggings, Gloves, and Belt (3 pieces).
- Mandalorian Armor can only be made within the Death Watch Bunker.
- There are specific rooms in the bunker for each of the master to make their pieces. Only the required profession for the pieces that the room is for can enter and use the manufacturing station, if they have all the required ingredients. Plus, only one person can enter and use the room at a time. The manufacturing process is timed and in stages. There is an Allum Hardening step and an Aeration step. If you fail during any of the steps the rumor is that you, and your whole party, will be escorted out of the bunker!
- Only Master Bounty Hunters, Commandos, Squad Leaders, and Rangers can wear Mandalorian Armor.
- Notes on the Jetpack: It will be functional, but it is currently unknown excatly how atm. There have been some strong hints that it is a vehicle and that it will hover. It is also currently unknown how the Jetpack is assembled or what crafting skills are needed. However, it is known that in order to build the Jetpack you need 4 looted components: a Jetpack Base, a Ducted Fan, a Fuel Injector, and a Fuel Dispersion Unit. Good news is that there are *no* restrictions on which professions can use it.
There you go, hope that helps alleviate some of the curiosity
BTW, don't forget about the other special armor, RIS! Check out my topic, "RIS, facts or fiction", to answer all your frequently asked questions:
Message Edited by SonGouki on 05-18-2004 10:46 PM